Fortifications

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:33 pm

"you could simply have the resevoir attached via hose to the stream machine."

Or just have a bucket of water right in front of you.

Edited By cooldood31 on 1089682451

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:40 pm

cooldood31 wrote:"you could simply have the resevoir attached via hose to the stream machine."

I think that a cooler or platic container is most effective because they're larger than buckets. The larger Stream Machines have very big loading capacities, so find something big. By the way cooldood, it would be easier for you to quote someone's text with the quote button.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:59 pm

cooldood31 wrote:"you could simply have the resevoir attached via hose to the stream machine."

Nuff said.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:00 pm

"it would be easier for you to quote someone's text with the quote button."

So?

And back on topic, soon I will have a tree-fort to use as a base, the construction of which is starting tomarrow.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:02 pm

Geez, Vet. Simma' Down Na'. Simma! Let people quote others the way they wish. It's not a big deal!
Though your post was rather amusing. :D

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:08 pm

Some houses with pools have non-holed fences around them that could be used as fortress except for the fact that a few steps in the wrong direction and oen would end up in the pool.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:23 am

I am half way through building a tree fort. When it's finished, it will be completely sealed so no water can get in, it will have closeable gun slits to fire out of, and will have a watch tower compartment with a 360 degree view of oncoming hostiles. Where necessary, it will have tough, clear plastic sheeting to replace glass. It will be able to accommodate about 3 or 4 armed warriors, and will have room for supplies like a portable QFD, arm shields and an esky for water balloons. :;):

Edited By Falcon on 1089710944

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:42 pm

If you want some advice about peep holes, use the large drill bit designed for drilling doorknob holes (if you have it) Then get some thin wood, cut it into a square slightly larger than the hole you made in the wall and place it over the hole. take a screw and screw it into the top left corner of the piece of wood and into the wall. This will create a slideable adjustable peephole/firing hole cover.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:47 pm

That's a good, simple instruction plan that Veteran posted. I've made several of these in my own forts. They were so useful in my wars that my enemy's began using them. I can tell you, having fought with and against these things, they are very effective.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:11 pm

Yeah, thanks. I'll build a couple of those peepholes.......when I get to that stage, that is.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:04 pm

I battle in two parks where there arent houses and decks and the such. There is a hill of mulch, with vegetation on it that I decided was a nice defensive complex. I fortified one side with a wall composed completely of woodchips and logs which is 4 ft tall in some places. The finest earthwork Ive built. It actually is quite strong. My friend built a wall of cinderblocks on another hill but it was destroyed and he didnt feel like rebuilding it. I usually dont bother with man-made materials, in the parks there arent any. "Reed Hill" as I call the fort is a very strong defense and for those who belittle earthworks, I have held it outnumbered 3:1.

<EDIT>some of the smilies are down

Edited By Duxburian on 1089770856
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

CPS

Post by CPS » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:35 pm

i haven't tried this yet but what if you stet up base under one of those rotary clothes hangers and hang sheets around 3 sides then put a trampoline on its side on the remaining side you can shoot over the trampoline, it should work

Edited By CPS on 1089776199
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:42 pm

CPS wrote:i haven't tried this yet but what if you stet up base under one of those rotary clothes hangers and hang sheets around 3 sides then put a trampoline on its side on the remaining side you can shoot over the trampoline, it should work
That is way to expensive, not to mention the chance of injury is quite high. Generally you want to stay away from High Cost projects that have High Risk factors.
_

CPS

Post by CPS » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:49 pm

its not high cost if you already have a trampoline a rotary clothes hanger spare sheetshandy then you can set it up in your back yard

Edited By CPS on 1089777024
here, you know you've won when you hear "blub blub ahhh! i give up"

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:53 pm

CPS wrote:its not high cost if you already have a trampoline a rotary clothes hanger spare sheetshandy then you can set it up in your back yard

Thats if you "already have" those rare, expensive items on hand. Fortifications should be built strong, and able to last. While portable bases are great, stationary ones are the best. With Vet's awesome peep hole idea, you can actually shoot at a chargin enemy while behind a baracade. This is a good tactic a good commander would use.

Edited By Iceman on 1089777250
_

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:23 pm

Cinderblocks... why didn't I think of that earlier? That's a good idea for fortifications.

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:57 pm

Soakologist wrote:That's a good, simple instruction plan that Veteran posted. I've made several of these in my own forts. They were so useful in my wars that my enemy's began using them. I can tell you, having fought with and against these things, they are very effective.

That's a great idea, but instead of using wood, use large sheets of acryllic plastic. This will allow for greater visibility.

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1089831631
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:01 pm

Hold on, do you mean see-through plastic? Because if it isn't see through then there wouldn't really be a difference. And why would the sheets need to be bigger than 4'' by 4'' max?

Edited By Veteran on 1089831725

Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:54 pm

Just thinking, but unless these brick, stone, wood, or plastic fortifications are as enclosing as Veteran's fort, temporary fortifications can easily be jumped or climbed over. If soakers were long range weapons like muskets such walls would be effective but alas, you can't hit someone with a stream farther than 50 ft. Are you guys planing to build a complete bunker or something?

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:26 pm

Veteran wrote:Hold on, do you mean see-through plastic? Because if it isn't see through then there wouldn't really be a difference. And why would the sheets need to be bigger than 4'' by 4'' max?
First of all, yes, I mean see-through plastic, and second, I didn't say that they needed to be bigger than 4"x4".
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...