Has anyone noticed that the new soakers are weak?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
GigaDevan

Post by GigaDevan » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:52 pm

Compare the old CPS 1000-4100 series with the newer blasters in the CPS catagory. The cps 2000 (849 ml/sec) with any post- Monster model and you'll see the difference.

I remember when me and my friends had watergun fights with massively powerful CPS 1000-3000's. Now all they have are these wimpy little pea-shooters.

What happened? Was it the paranoid parents? Was it the fact that it stung slightly when you were hit?

I want a CPS-2000-calibur Super-Soaker, Darnit! :cps2000: :cps2500: :cps2500:

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:09 am

The company that made the big super soakers (larami) was sold to Hasbro. From then on Hasbro has been making super soakers that are gimicky. No one on the soaker boards was biting last year where nothing really shot over 35 feet. This year was a lot better though. They brought back CPS technology in 2 soakers. The Aqua Pack Devestator and the Flash Flood. Both have respectable power and are probably the best guns to come out in a couple years.

Another alternative to the Super Soaker Line is the Aqua Warriors line. Made by Buzz Bee Toy's, these guns are starting to compete with the Super Soaker line. We think that the reason the power was brought back this year was because of competition between the new company. Things are moving in the right direction my friend. In a couple years we could be going crazy over the new lines. But the CPS's will always be a part of history, a part of history that water guns may never reach again.

But there is an alternative... Homemades. Don't like the power in the guns out today? build your own out of PVC. There are plenty of articles that you can get your hands on so go with it.

I think this is the longest post I have ever posted on iSCF so I think I'll end it here.

Edited By NiborDude on 1121926372
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:46 am

I love these threads! They happen every other month now! :p

Please, don't think nobody has noticed the water guns available now aren't up to the quality of past ones.

The real reason the water guns aren't as powerful any longer is because a lot of people don't buy larger water guns. The times are changing however as Super Soaker and Water Warriors start bringing back in larger water guns. I'm fairly sure we'll see something 1998-quality at most a few years down the road.

If you're not willing to wait (and I can't blame you), try homemade water guns. I did, and I haven't used anything else since. ;)

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:22 pm

I don't think that the main reason for the weaker soakers is that people don't buy the larger ones. While there are no new soakers that are as big as the Monster series, notice that the largest of the new soakers are still much, much weaker than comparabley sized old CPS soakers. It should also be noted that the new soakers are much more expensive than the old guns, though they tend to be of lower quality.
ownage

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:48 pm

Companies want to make profits, including at the expense of part of their fanbase. Hasbro doesn't care about those of us who want and buy the large guns. Younger kids are buying weak, gimmicky water guns, and that's where the money is right now. Buzz Bee Toys actually cares and listens to us, so kudos to them, but Hasbro simply does not care. They would, however, if larger, more powerful guns brought in more money, which is the growing trend.

But why wait so long? It could be several years before water guns reach the 1998 levels. Go homemade. You then have the choice of how much power, capacity, and range you want in your gun. You basically set your general stats. Building my latest homemade was actually cheaper than buying any 2005 stock soaker! You can get output higher than 60x and range longer than 60ft. with homemades. I don't see companies putting in those kinds of stats anytime soon. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

GigaDevan

Post by GigaDevan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:45 pm

Yeah, I desipise these gimmicky water guns. The kids around my neighbourhood have water-fights, but now they're always with these guns that are incredibly weak, oversized, and always carry a gimmick (I mean, why would you need a gun that shoots in two directions, anyway?!)

I think I'll hold onto my trusty XP 310, my XP 185, my CPS 1000, and my CPS 3000, thank you very much.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:37 pm

Snipe'em! It's like smoking when you're pissed at the new "water guns".
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:20 am

Gasp! really? the new ones aren't as powerful as the old ones? who would have guessed!:angry:
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:54 pm

I think hasbro has learned that people want power and not gimmicks in their soakers. That's why I think they will rerelease some of the older cps guns like the 1500 and 2500.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:44 pm

Hahahaha, that's funny.
Don't expect any miracles, LA.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:47 pm

Those cheap gimmicky Hasbro models are cheap to produce and sell like legalized cannabis hot cakes. We will see alot of those lamo blasters from hasbro for awhile. On the other hand, Larnard and Buzz bee where not that superior this year also. A 5 diaphram PCs feature would be nice on a Blazer 2.

As for 2006 models of Hasbro, everyone just imagine airpressure models that have post SS100 PC size and a non-fragile trigger. Wouldn't that be ground breaking?

isoaker, I should mention that I have not done a new "ANNIHILATOR" version from my past "The Dark ANNIHILATOR/ANNIHILATOR 2" accounts, so the LIGHT ANNIHILATOR is NOT me. So there will be no reason to close my ZOCCOZ acount. :goofy:

tech23

Post by tech23 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:30 am

Building my latest homemade was actually cheaper than buying any 2005 stock soaker!

You must've bought real cheap parts, or already had some. My latest homemade costed me $50. I am earning some more, and am thinking about making a ground-breaking CAP homemade. Hopefully it will stay under $100.

My first homemade shot farther than the FF, with a 3/8 inch nozzle (3/8 inch drill bit). Go figure.

Edited By tech23 on 1124001260

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:22 am

Well I had plenty of leftover PVC, 3/4" male adaptors, and some other parts that helped keep costs down. The metal ball valve and check valves made up most of the expenses.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:10 pm

Hasbro releasing the CPs 1500? NAH!!! I'd rather wait till Water Warroirs make something that's like a 1700 twin. 4 DC chambers.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:28 pm

I would be glad to see anything with a spherical pc, any gun that can be integration modded. I would rather see that then any new guns at all!