Buzz Bee Toys/Water Warriors - News, Suggestions and Other Info

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Field Marshal Yang

Post by Field Marshal Yang » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:19 pm

Please use the edit button instead of making a repeat post.
Remember that Buzz Bee Toys is a smaller company, and there not ready to spend million of dollars on something like this yet. Why waste millions of dollars ons omething that you know may not work?

Buzz Bee Toys won't have to spend a cent on an official fandom. As long as Isc agrees, I don't think trying would hurt.
Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies, by Jared Diamond

CmndrBob

Post by CmndrBob » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:26 pm

Soakologist wrote:Actually, H2O commandos was just a "select fansite" I think. The Aqua Nexus and iSoaker.com recieved the real awards.

First Place:

Second Place:

Third Place:

Do you understand now?
The Fan Select Award was just as "real" as the others...
"SATURATE THAT SPONGE"

CmndrBob

Post by CmndrBob » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:44 pm

Field Marshal Yang wrote:Since Cmdr Bob is the oldest member and has the highest legal status, he and Buzz Bee could effectively sign a business deal to make H2O Commanders the official Water Warriors fansite. Of course, we probably won't see this happen for a while, as Cmdr is no where to be seen.
Nice thought my friend but if Big Bee was interested in either the H2O Commandos or me, he would of initiated contact by now: He hasn't, therefore, don't count on it.
"SATURATE THAT SPONGE"

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:27 pm

Hmm, I sense a subliminal message there.:p

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:46 am

Alright, though they may have been "real awards," I mean that iSc and the Aqua Nexus got the "big awards," alright? I think that it's simply because your site wasn't as dedicated to the products themselves as iSc and AqNx were. AqNx is pretty much dead anymore... kinda makes me well up. :(

And Millions of dollars for a forum? It might cost several hundred dollars if there are enough visitors. It wouldn't cost anywhere near a million dollars.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:33 pm

Field Marshal Yang wrote:Something to think about: We could volunteer to be the official Water Warriors fan community if Isc permits it and basically be free marketing for Buzz Bee Toys, spreading the word about new Water Warriors soakers to new members and others interested in water warfare. Comments?

edit: 100 posts, simply overshadowed by my old number
*THIS* particular forum would never be the Official Water Warriors or Super Soaker or any particular manufacturer's forum. This is *THE* iSoaker.com set of forums and I wouldn't change that.

While I do hope for future recognition from companies like Hasbro and Buzz Bee Toys, this forum will remain true to the site it is part of.

Some may think or suggest that I've been or could be 'bought out', but I couldn't care less about those. iSoaker.com is a site dedicated to soakers and water warfare. I shall admit to my own personal bias towards Super Soakers as that is the brand of soakers that had inspired me to build a water warfare site in the first place. However, my eyes are open and I review the blasters I can acquire as objectively as I can. These forums are an extension of the site to allow others to interact and share their ideas. As such, this place shall never yield solely to one brand so long as there are many brands to choose from.

'nuff said on that. :goofy:

:cooll:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:46 pm

At how much money would you sign a contract with a manufacturer? Don't tell me you'd deny them if they offered you several thousand dollars a year. You've got to have a purchase point.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:49 pm

Soakologist wrote:At how much money would you sign a contract with a manufacturer? Don't tell me you'd deny them if they offered you several thousand dollars a year. You've got to have a purchase point.

I'd happily help a manufacturer set up a forum elsewhere for a decent sum of money. However, to sell this board to promote one particular manufacturer would be basically like selling iSoaker.com. It'd be a few million before I'd consider giving up my baby! :goofy:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:57 pm

Really? You'd sell iSc only for over a million dollars? That's awfully high... why wouldn't you just save all of the information and rename the site?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:08 pm

Soakologist wrote:Really? You'd sell iSc only for over a million dollars? That's awfully high... why wouldn't you just save all of the information and rename the site?
This is getting a little off-topic.

To address your question, it's not just a matter of renaming the site and pushing up more-or-less the same info. iSoaker.com is, in many ways, a 'branded' name on the Net. Its value lies in its links and it the trueness of its content. To 'sell out' would be to tarnish the open nature of the site, reducing its value as a general place to talk water guns and turn it into a marketing instrument for a particular company. 'Selling out' is a good way to turn away water warriors, actually, and would defeat my goal of having a place to talk soakers without having to feel obligated to any particular manufacturer. It would also lead to a reduced or even obliterated objectivity in the reviews given here, further reducing the value of this site. iSoaker.com is my baby and the thought of tainting her makes me sick. :oo:

Getting back to topic, it'd be nice if Buzz Bee Toys were to set up a message board, but I've yet to see any good toy company-based message boards. Time will tell...

:cool:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:12 pm

Would the discussion of other manufacturers on Buzz Bee's message boards be unallowed? ???

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:23 pm

Soakologist wrote:Alright, though they may have been "real awards," I mean that iSc and the Aqua Nexus got the "big awards," alright? I think that it's simply because your site wasn't as dedicated to the products themselves as iSc and AqNx were. AqNx is pretty much dead anymore... kinda makes me well up. :(

And Millions of dollars for a forum? It might cost several hundred dollars if there are enough visitors. It wouldn't cost anywhere near a million dollars.
I was referring to millions for a commercial. I understand we all have high hopes for Buzz Bee Toys, but ideas of selling the forums to advertise makes me sick. Isoaker.com is here to provide water warfare information, and it is a privelage Isoaker developed WWN and these forums for discussion on the topic on Water Warfare. Let Big Bee and his workers develop the marketing for their corperation, Im sure he appreciates the offered help, but he really doesnt need it.
_

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:44 pm

Soakologist wrote:Would the discussion of other manufacturers on Buzz Bee's message boards be unallowed? ???
Only Big Bee, should he choose to have message boards set-up, would be able to answer that one.

Based on other boards I've seen associated with particular companies/products, while discussing competitors isn't necessarily outright banned, it is typically frowned upon or edited out if it makes their own product look bad. Companies still strive to promote their product despite often wanting object critiques.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:31 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
Soakologist wrote:Would the discussion of other manufacturers on Buzz Bee's message boards be unallowed? ???

Only Big Bee, should he choose to have message boards set-up, would be able to answer that one.

Based on other boards I've seen associated with particular companies/products, while discussing competitors isn't necessarily outright banned, it is typically frowned upon or edited out if it makes their own product look bad. Companies still strive to promote their product despite often wanting object critiques.
Not trying to sound harsh, but I actually was aiming my question at Big Bee. But your input does answer some questions, iSc. Thanks.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:57 am

Not trying to sound harsh, but I actually was aiming my question at Big Bee. But your input does answer some questions, iSc. Thanks.

You don't sound harsh and, as you said, I was just giving my own opinion on a potential, but not guaranteed set of forums. :goofy:

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:54 pm

I think he (big bee) specifically said that he didn't want forums at this point at His site. He said he didn't want consumer input on his website right now.

Edited By Veteran on 1089749382

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:58 pm

...? Veteran, it might help to clarify to whom your talking. Right now, I'm having trouble deciding whether you're talking about iSc or BB.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:00 pm

^ Veteran is talking about Big Bee. :cool:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:03 pm

Oh. Thanks. If you read it again though, you'll see that his talking kinda fits your description too, though. :;):

Edited By Soakologist on 1089745456

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:10 pm

When I said "on WWn" I meant he said it back at WWn.

Edited By Veteran on 1089749452