NEW Soaker Toy Line: Water Weapons - by Lanard

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:25 pm

Water Weapons Soaker Line

Ever wondered what Lanard was doing the last few years after X-Stream. Well, I did, and now aparently I know. Other than doing re-paints of X-Streams, they now have a new Soaker toy line called Water Weapons(gun trade marked 2005, while package is trademarked 2006). They are Air Pressure soakers in Scifi Gunshape (who sais that soakers can't look like guns?). To fire one can choose to use the standard trigger, or use the crank mechanism for some pulse effect. Good thing thats optional. Performance whise they all seem to be medium - small XP typ soakers.

Personaly, I bought the soaker for estetics, since it looks prity sweet compared to what they sell now. But I had some pleasant suprises about the performance.
WAVEBLAST soaker Review(the blue yellow one) coming soon.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:10 pm

Quick WAVEBLASTER Review

Shot time: 20 seconds (50 pumps)

Soakage: 21ml / 0.7X

Distance: 35 feet

Length: 18 inches

Build: Very robust

Pump: Track Mounted

Pumps: 20 normal, 50 optimal

Tank: 550 ml

Like I said, I first just bought the Blaster for the looks. But after shooting it, it reminded me extremly on the SS50 and SS100. Size of the SS50 and its output with the colour of the SS100. I actualy had fun with it playing around indoors shooting at random stuff. It sure was nostalgic in its feel and impression.

With 0.7X, its not a soaking machine. On the other hand, 20 seconds of shot time are prity good. Distance is average also with 35 feet. The laminar flow is exelent, which might explains why this soaker can reach 35 feet with just a resovior powered pressure.
Pump is very soldid, being trackmounted and very fast in pumping. The trigger is the main way to shoot, but one can use a cranking mechanism for a pulse effect if one wants to. Buts thats optional.

Again, I like the looks. It has a Scifi Gun look, and they even went with the effort to give it a worn out semi-metalic industrial paint job. The package has a catchy slogan with "Burst into Battle". On the pack of the package are the other models depicted: a Scifi-Pistol like soaker and a Scifi-machine gun typ soaker.

Since the WaveBlast is basicaly an oversized pistol, I would recomend it as such as in a sidearm or backup.

Personaly, I would not use it in a Water battle. Absolutly not, since I have alot of 90s CPS. But the reason why I like this Toy line is more psycological and not power whise. The way it shot and quick use, the paintjob and even the line itself was a childhood flashback. An unexpected pleasant suprise. Even the lineup modles are similar:
Thunderhead>Waveblast>Waterbolt
Super Soaker 100>Super Soaker 50>Super Soaker 30
While it is not a SS classic inspired soaker line, it sure felt like it. I think i will keep my eyes open for ithe other models for my collection. I bought this one at the Canadian Superstore for $14.99 CAN, but the other models where not there.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1153452482

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:28 pm

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:27 pm

Sounds like a fun weapon to duel-wield. With a very light nozzle drilling, this could be a decent sidearm, fifty pumps is an awful lot though. By the way, you didn't mention what the pulse fire was like.

This has gotten me wondering what the ThunderHead is like. Wether its just an oversized version of this gun, or something very different.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:51 pm

The Thunderhead doesn't need 50 pumps for optimal power, and that is probably the only real difference. It needs like 10. The pulse fire is not that great, normal tap shots are much more effective. The pulse fire simply does not dish out enough water to make it useful.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:09 pm

WaterWolf wrote:Sounds like a fun weapon to duel-wield. With a very light nozzle drilling, this could be a decent sidearm, fifty pumps is an awful lot though. By the way, you didn't mention what the pulse fire was like.

This has gotten me wondering what the ThunderHead is like. Wether its just an oversized version of this gun, or something very different.
50 pumps is if you realy want to max it out. 25 is usualy the average. Plus its an Airpressure pump, where you can pump 2-3 times in 1 second. You would still have it pressurized faster than a CPS 2100 for example.

I am not suprised about the Thunderbird. The pump seems much longer. Is 10 pumps the max, or can one pump even more?

Resovior pressured soakers are difficult to describe with pump amounts. If 100-95% full, the pumps don't go beyond 15. But the shot time is shorter. With 80% full, more air pressure can be build up and you pump much more because of that. Its something that people have to keep in mind.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:06 pm

Interesting find and soaker pump/crank combo that Lanard has opted to put together. I find it a little strange they put the crank on the right side; that means you'd need to switch pumping hands, in a sense, to use the crank as opposed to the pump-and-trigger.

@ZOCCOZ: may I repost your review on iSoaker.com?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:13 pm

I've seen the Waveblast at Superstore several times. I'm kinda intersted in the Waterbolt, but oh well. ???
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:04 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Interesting find and soaker pump/crank combo that Lanard has opted to put together. I find it a little strange they put the crank on the right side; that means you'd need to switch pumping hands, in a sense, to use the crank as opposed to the pump-and-trigger.

@ZOCCOZ: may I repost your review on iSoaker.com?

:cool:
Sure no problem. Feel free to repost it.

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:46 pm

Sorry for reviving a dead topic, but I just got one of these today at K-Mart for $6 on the clearance rack (I also saw a Splat Blaster for $5 but decided not to get it, besides, we were just leaving when I saw it).

Anyways, I decided to play with it and noticed that this thing doesn't need 50 pumps, not at first anyways. I didn't count, but it didn't take too many pumps for the PRV to kick in (it releases air out the pump grip, I think). After about half the tank is gone, yeah, it probably takes around 50 pumps.

Also, the crank mechanism works by rapidly opening and closing the valve when you turn it. If you get it in the right position, you can get a continuous stream without using the trigger. :;): Duxburian is right, though. It really doesn't work very well. It dramatically extends shot time, but hardly any water is released. Also, when you use the crank, the gun shakes too much to get a good hit. It'd be nice if the gun had a stock or something. :(

Edited By Rook on 1161550734
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55