Water Warriors 2006 Krypton Proper Review - With pictures to

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Wild Boys

Water Warriors 2006 Krypton Proper Review - With pictures to

Post by Wild Boys » Wed May 31, 2006 10:13 am

Well, I got my 2006 Krypton yesterday and really like it, so this time I thought I'd review it, and even better, in big detail to give a preview of what my unknown website name reviews will be like.

Anyway, onto the review (without the stats though I'm afraid, although I'll include a few basic ones).

Manufacturer: Buzz Bee Toys
Pressure Type: Air
Distribution: Mostly US and Canada, few other places

Basic Information

The Krypton is the largest gun of the Aqua Master Pre-Chargers line, bigger than its brothers the Argon and the Xenon. This new line of blasters was released in 2005, but underwent some changes for 2006 on some of the guns, mostly pumping wise. This line was only air pressure blasters, but with a new and different system to other air pressure blasters, it made their streams constant and very powerful.

There are now two versions of this gun, one released in 2005 and the one I am reviewing here which is the newer 2006 version. Here is a brief summary of the versions though there is only one obvious difference between the two.

2005 Krypton - Took 3 pumps after Pre-Charging the gun, this may not have been much, but since the Kryptons rather small firing chamber in general was bigger than the two smaller guns firing chambers in the line which also both required 3 pumps, pumping was very difficult and required quite a bit of strength to do.

2006 Krypton - Highly improved, despite only one change which, yes, you guessed it, was to the pumping, it made a massive difference. 3 pumps was changed to 5, which still pumps the gun fast and makes a huge difference.

The Gun

The Krypton is a very big, intimidating and a very nice looking blaster. Despite the colour being yellow, I'm not really bothered, I rather like yellow, and for the people who don't like the colour, there is always spray paint.

The gun has a very large reservoir of 128oz according to the box, and I think (depite not measuring the reservoir volume yet) that I can believe that, it really does hold a lot which is very impressive. What's also good is that despite its weight and coming with a strap to help you carry it, the gun full isn't heavy either, which means that even if you are smaller you will get used to it. The gun holds more water than any single piece gun out this year (unless you class the Hydra Pak and Max Infusion Overload) and even holds more than some older blasters like the CPS 1000, 1200, 2100, CPS 4100, Monster 2001 and a fair few more.

Holding the blaster it feels nice, and the grip in front of the trigger is very helpful, I suggest you hold this grip when pumping the gun. The gun itself feels very strongly built and is pretty sturdy when using. The strap is also useful if your carrying other guns with you as well.

The firing chamber of this gun is quite small, it holds about 6oz of water. It may not be much, but the gun still does well despite this, and if the firing chamber was made too big, then quick pumping wouldn't really be part of this gun anymore which is quite a big part of this line.

The gun has three nozzles which I rate at about 1x, 2x and the largest one about 7x, its quite a good selection, although I think that a 3x would have been nice, although its not a massive gripe I have. Its a pretty good nozzle selection, each nozzle is good for something, 1x for conserving if running low, 2x for a slightly bigger advantage and the 7x for drenching someone quickly in a few shots. This gives great flexibility.

Moving on to the pump, while pumping has been made a lot better in terms of not being hard to pump, my big gripe with it is that its not tracked, and is quite flimsy since it extends out when pumping, so be careful and don't leave it extended, the last thing you want is to fall leaving it extended and snapping it, rendering the gun useless. The pump also leaks a bit when pumped out and extended, but that's something that can't really be helped, the leaking isn't really bad. The pump grip feels nice, and is comfortable to hold when using, which gives the whole gun an overall good feel when using. When pumping, its best to at first when the tank is full hold the gun about flat and then when water is getting a bit lower you should tilt the gun back a bit to draw water in when pumping.

The gun has two triggers, one for blasting the water, and another behind it for activating an electronic pressure gauge at the top of the gun at the front of it. The electronic pressure gauge is nice, but not essential, as you need batteries for it, not that it bothers me. The electronic pressure gauge trigger is in a bad place since its behind the main trigger, making things a bit uncomfortable when using, although its not too bad, you still have to get used to that.

Aqua Master Pre-Charge System

As mentioned, the Krypton uses this system to enhance its performance giving its solid CPS "like" behaviour. What happens is that there is a button on the Krypton that you press, when pressed, you pump Pre-Charged air in until the button pops out, this air is kept in until you press a tiny button at the back of the gun to release the air. When this air is pressurised, you then do the 5 simple pumps (or 3 hard pumps if you have the 2005 Krypton :P) to pump the water in to fill the guns firing chamber, the Pre-Charged air is kept separate from the water. When the trigger is pressed the Pre-Charged air powers the water out keeping the stream very powerful and constant, with barely any drop-off, and when the stream is nearly over it just cuts out like a CPS would in a way.

My Krypton leaks a bit through the Pre-Charge button, this doesn't happen much, I'm just warning you though.

Performance

When using the Krypton, this is where it really shines, performance. When Pre-Charged and fully pumped, the streams giving from it are very powerful, and may I say violent. The violentness of the streams mainly apply to the two small streams which were the 1x and 2x ones. When fired they really do soak, even the smallest one does just because of the Aqua Master Pre-Charge System that is used. The output lessens though (on the smallest two streams) as the shot goes on since the Pre-Charged air wears out, although the stream still remains pretty constant without dropping off heavily. The largest stream which I like to call "shotgun" does well and does soak a lot, although since it only lasts about a second it doesn't fully cover you with water in one go. Since pumping is quick and easy though, you'll be able to finish off your opponent with this stream again in no time.

The shot times of these streams are pretty good too. I get about 7 seconds on the 1x nozzle, about 4 seconds on the 2x nozzle and around a second on the 7x nozzle. All of the nozzles packing a big punch too with this is just another advantage the Krypton has.

As for range, this is also pretty good. The streams produced get around 9-12m which is pretty standard, but better than most of Super Soakers new guns which get about 9-10m max. This gun can outrange or get about the same range with guns its size, which means that the Krypton is a choice that won't be ignored or left in a lot of water fights.

Now, onto the final part, how long you can last on the battlefield with it? Well, because of it small firing chamber, but still pretty long and good shots that can just keep pace with other blasters with bigger firing chambers of its size, you can go for ages, and that's non stop shooting, you get about 19-20 good full shots per tank out of it, which is a lot, and will last you a lot longer than other single piece blasters out there. If you tap shot too, then you'll last even longer. One thing for sure is that you'll be on the battlefield for a long time without having to need to refill.

Overall

The Krypton is a very good and capable blaster for its size now, mainly because of the 5 pumps instead of 3 after Pre-Charging, its a much more threatening weapon. It has staying power, high endurance, high soakage ability, high range and good flexibility. This makes for a very flexible weapon for a number of people and a number of roles on the battlefield. You can take on practically all the air pressure blasters out there and even a fair few of the well known CPS guns, but if I were you I would stay away from guns CPS 1500 sized or larger unless you knew what you were doing. Although most battles you will do well with this gun.

I recommend getting this gun. If you see one and have the chance to buy it, then you should seriously pick it up. Its worth your money and worth going into battle with.

Pros

+Great power and range
+Large capacity
+Few pumps to pressurize
+Multiple and flexible nozzles
+Good output
+Not too heavy (although strap is a nice idea)

Cons

-Fragile and leaky pump
-Low firing chamber volume
-Electronic pressure gauge trigger has bad positioning

Hope you liked the review, now for the pictures.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1149108006
Link to primary Water Warriors AquaMaster PreCharger Krypton (2006) discussion thread

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed May 31, 2006 11:08 pm

Nice Review. Whats the exact distance on the largest nozzle?

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:48 am

Great review, looks like the new Krypton is a huge improvement over the old one. Just a couple of questions about it though: How many pre-charge pumps does it take, and does the pump 'lag' at all? I noticed that all of the '05 prechargers did this (and quite badly).

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:06 am

Nice Review. Whats the exact distance on the largest nozzle?

The largest nozzle gets about 11-12m.

Great review, looks like the new Krypton is a huge improvement over the old one. Just a couple of questions about it though: How many pre-charge pumps does it
take, and does the pump 'lag' at all? I noticed that all of the '05 prechargers did this (and quite badly).

The gun takes between 11-15 Pre-Charge pumps, although it sometimes takes around 18, it varies really, the more pumps you get the better the power will end up being. Ah, forgot to mention that in the review, yes, the pump does lag still unfortunately, although it still does pump pretty quick.

The review up here isn't the fully complete version, its just a taster really, after thinking through things last night I have already added and changed a few parts and there are a few more things that I now need to add to make this a complete review.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1149156432

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:00 am

Awesome. Lucky you. My friend didn't know how to use the precharge system and pumped without precharging. He only disconnected a few pipes abd busted the gun up and said he didn't break it and that it broke it's self. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
AXE BOMB!!!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:10 am

^Looks like some people are pretty careless with soakers. Perhaps you should ask your friend if he could give it to you to open it to see what is wrong with it and hopefully fix it, must be pretty bad seeing such a good gun like that wrecked now.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:52 am

No that was my krypton. he has a history of breakibg other peoples things. He didn't ask to borrow it and just picked it up put water in it and pumped it. Makes me want to kill him it does, Yes! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I returned it for a blazer and a stinger. I took the nozzle selector off the blazer and its stream size is the same as the stream on the big nozzle except it now shoots 45' instead of 25 and it is a very deadly stream. A VERY big improvement to the blazer. From what it sounds like from Zoccoz, It is very similar to a 1200. It shoots for four seconds at about a 6x

Edited By scorpion on 1149177734
AXE BOMB!!!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:09 am

It was your gun, well that's even worse, you should make him or if he acts nasty then I'd get his parents to buy you another for what he did.

This is just like someone who I knew over the road, I don't like him and haven't really spoke to him over the years and wouldn't really want to, but he was the same, he always used to break everything me and my mate gave to him. Some people these days.

Getting back on topic, the pump on my Krypton is leaking a bit worse now than when I pumped it before, but not really badly, although I have put a bit of silicone grease on it. If the problem gets really bad I'm going to open it up.

The pump is the biggest problem on the Krypton, not for how many pumps, just because of its fragility, lagging and leaking. I don't know if I got a bad one, but since the pump on my Argon leaks it seems as if this problem is evident on all Pre-Chargers. I think that now if Big Bee was going to improve the Krypton in any way it would be to focus on the pump, at least have it built to stop the leaking better.

Other than this problem this gun is still totally recommendable, and at the moment the pump is beyond the point of leaking horribly and it seems that it won't get any worse.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:45 am

You could also try replacing the o-ring with a new one. I find that doing that always gets a better seal than the stock one, and yet slides a lot easier too.

Croc

Post by Croc » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:01 am

Someone I know has a problem with a pre-charger that i thought I might warn you about. The pre-charge button can stick to the casing if anything gets into it, so keep that part away from grass etc., as it will probably just stick in.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:35 am

Great review and nice pics! As always, may I repost it on iSoaker.com? I plan to do some testing sometime with the 2006 Krypton I've gotten my hands on.

As for Croc's friend's pre-charger release button problem, I could imagine that happening, though I'd imagine something must have been pushed into it as the button nub isn't that large and semi-protected by plastic sides. Granted, if that valve did get stuck open, it'd render the soaker fairly useless as no adequate pressure could be generated.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: