2008 Stock Soaker Findings

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:11 pm

Although I've already spoken on how I will be excited for this one, I'll add to my previous comment by basing off of wetmonkey's most recent one. Despite shortcomings that may be apparent, a step in the right direction is great, considering as they've only been moving in the wrong direction over the past few years.

Progress is progress.

hdiaz11

Post by hdiaz11 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Ben_ wrote:Normally I'd post this on my own forum, but it's down right now because they upgraded everything to PHP5. Some of the site scripting doesn't work too, but I don't think anyone will notice.

For 2008, we already know about the Water Warriors Raven, a renamed Wasp. Other changes we don't know about.

From Super Soaker, we know nearly nothing until a little research is done. Hasbro sends some information to online retailers early. What I can gather is no changes to the Super Soaker line aside from the addition of the Super Soaker Quick Blast and what appears to be a new Super Soaker video game.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-S....sr=1-18
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... r=HSS63648
* High-powered water blaster delivers a soaking stream of water with every single pump!
* Take on your toughest opponent with this awesome water blaster!
* Just fill the water tank and pump the handle for a soaking stream that¿s sure to blast the competition away
* And because the tank has a huge water capacity, you can unleash a massive H2O attack and leave your opponents all washed up!
* Holds up to a liter of water!

High-powered water blaster delivers a soaking stream of water with every single pump! Take on your toughest opponent with this awesome water blaster! Just fill the water tank and pump the handle for a soaking stream that¿s sure to blast the competition away. And because the tank has a huge water capacity ¿ holding up to a liter of water! ¿ you can unleash a massive H2O attack and leave your opponents all washed up!
Finally, more soaking with less work! The Quickblast Super Soaker Water Blaster lets you soak your friends without all the pumping. Simply slide the handle back, and enjoy a quick blast of water that goes up to 30 feet! The water bottle holds 32-ounces of liquid (we advise you use water and not other, far more unpleasant liquids) for younger kids and adults needing a quick weapon for water battles anywhere, any time!
This water gun sounds interesting. Because it's a new concept, I can't say how useful it would be.
My english is weak but i want to say 'Nice Gun' this is the only news from Hasbro ???

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:00 pm

While I don't fully buy this response since we've had information released earlier in the past, this is the latest reply I've received from my contact at Hasbro.
Generally speaking, new product info for 08 from Hasbro, including Nerf and Super Soaker, is not released until Toy Fair in February.

As such, apart from fortuitous findings on online stores like Amazon or Entertainment Earth or a funny listing on eBay, looks like it'll be a little longer 'til we hear more about the upcoming Super Soaker line.

As for the Water Warriors line-up, I'm trying to find out more, but nothing yet on that front, either.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:37 pm

I suppose February is only a month away, but that doesn't do a ton to quell my interest. Is this the same contact that has provided information to you in the past? If so, it seems odd that there is so little he's given you. This is a shame.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:21 am

Maybe they're doing something big if they're being so ambiguous about it. That's just wishful thinking though.

I don't figure it's worthwhile asking for information any longer. If they're going to tell us, they'll just go ahead and tell us. That's what they do with Nerf, so I guess it wouldn't be any different. That's why I did a little research to figure something out.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:21 am

cobralex297 wrote:I suppose February is only a month away, but that doesn't do a ton to quell my interest. Is this the same contact that has provided information to you in the past? If so, it seems odd that there is so little he's given you. This is a shame.
Actually, my contacts at Hasbro have changed over the years. My first contact, Jerry, wasn't even technically a part of Hasbro, but was doing the Supersoaker.com website. However, as the web designer, he got more information simply since he was also the one taking the pictures of the soaker models for use on the web! Unfortunately, Hasbro opted to get someone else to do the site these days. My contact before this one was actually one who oversaw the Super Soaker division, but sadly also is now no longer with Hasbro. Every time I end up with a contact change, there ends up being a getting-to-know-you/trust-building period of time when it is harder to get insider info. However, I'd rather attempt to keep lines open but hopefully not reaching the point of harassment in hopes to be able to affect some change. I suppose we could also dig through the latest patents and see what new things various companies have filed, but whenever possible, I'd still rather go to the source.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:01 am

There's only one recent patent application from BBT or Hasbro, and it's for the Steady Stream. I pretty much look at patents on a daily basis, so I'm fairly sure there's nothing new. Hasbro seems to have stopped filing for patents altogether in the last few years. And historically, when patents are filed or the application is made public, the water gun has already been released. I can only think of a handful of applications that were published before the water gun was released. They probably do that on purpose.

The patents they list on their water guns now are all old ones. Though, I have noticed some of them are weird, like one of the ARM patents on the Arctic Blast. I don't know if they bought the rights to the ARM or what.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:07 pm

Update: I've finally gotten a glimpse into what Buzz Bee Toys has in store for us for 2008. While I can't give out too much detail right now, I can definitely confirm that the Water Warriors Orca now has its reservoir cap on the top of the reservoir now so it shouldn't make those burbling noises. Unfortunately, the Water Warriors Orca still remains the largest of the blasters in the line. There appears to be a number of re-coloured re-releases.

More info and hopefully pics to come soon.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:46 pm

I'm going to guess that not telling us much means that something other than the cap's placement has changed. Hopefully that means more powerful PCs in the Orca because I remember DX saying the Blazer has stronger PCs. Or possibly there could be another new line. I don't know.

The Orca was one water gun I intended to buy, but I guess I'll wait a few more months when a new one comes out.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:39 am

The Blazer pc is indeed more powerful, a point proven when you swap the pcs [which have an identical exterior]. If the new Orca is any good, I might consider buying it. Thing is, what would I do with my Blorca integration...it would be obsolete...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:14 am

Just pushed up a short article containing the various pictures and info I have thusfar on the 2008 Water Warriors line by Buzz Bee Toys Inc. Pictures don't tell the whole story, but they do give a decent idea on what's to come. As always, I'm looking forward to being able to test and review as many of these guys as I can! :goofy:

Enjoy!

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:52 am

The Water Warriors Hydro Pulse reminds me a little bit of the Super Soaker Jurassic Park Dino Hunting Gear Blaster as seen in Chris Reid's collection in this picture here in terms of design and shape. However it looks like it will operate differently.

While I most likely won't be getting any of them, the Water Warriors Power Pulse looks like a pretty good and unique idea having two blasters from a backpack instead of one. While my experience with Water Warriors hasn't been very good (durability and power issues) compared to Super Soaker, at least they are more innovating.

Edited By Aqua_Flash on 1200833718

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:40 am

Wow- that M16 has the largest 'blaze-orange' tip of any toy I've ever seen. I'll be buying that one, and the shotgun, although out of those two I really only want the M16, I'll buy the shotgun anyway just to support their advancement back into the more realistic looking styles.

Edit:
When do stores usually stock up on new guns? I'd assume in a longish while, seeing as summer's so far away, but I've never bothered to check... April/May?

Edited By cobralex297 on 1200840110

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:44 am

Aww, I would've prefered a more N-Strike style rather than making everything look like baby shapes resembling the real guns. Either way, it's hard to do when you've got big PC's and reservoirs around, and don't get me wrong, it's an interesting advancement BBT is making. The power pulse looks to be nothing more than 2 squirt guns attached to a backpack but nonetheless, it looks rather kickass and is the first thing I've seen released for shelves that's actually directly tells it's user to dual wield.

Interesting lineup, looks like the M16 and maybe the shotgun (Hydro Blast) have sights too.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1200843911
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:31 pm

They look interesting to say the least. I might buy the new Orca depending on its performance, and maybe some of the piston powered ones if they perform well.
I'm most interested in the power pulse.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 pm

Hmm... Anyone know if they fixed the Orca's leaky trigger? (due to the bad spring I believe) I know I'm not the only one who's trigger failed, because my friend got one and his is doing the same thing.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:45 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Hmm... Anyone know if they fixed the Orca's leaky trigger? (due to the bad spring I believe) I know I'm not the only one who's trigger failed, because my friend got one and his is doing the same thing.
Still a little early for that sort of info, I'm afraid. While I've been informed that some stores are already getting some of their shipments of soakers, it could still be awhile before anyone finds these on store shelves. I was at the mall earlier today, but saw no signs of soakers. Then again, it's -6C or colder here so that's not too surprising. :goofy:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Then again, it's -6C or colder here so that's not too surprising.

Actually, here in Oakville it's close to -20, so I assume Toronto's similar.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:12 pm

The QuckBlast is now on eBay. Personally, if it only holds a litre of water like it says in the description, then I think it could have done with a little more.

Edited By Aqua_Flash on 1201201985

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:18 pm

It's being sold by Groovy Stuff Store. I've bought some stuff from them in the past, they're a reputable and quality business. Fast shipping and personable associates.

I am curious, however, how exactly they have it ahead of time.

Edit:
Also, if anyone's interested, the picture that they have for the new one there, the Quick Blast, it is quite high-res. When you click on it, you see a new picture that takes up my whole screen without pixelation. It's better than low quality snapshots that we've received in the past of new guns.

Here's the link.

Edited By cobralex297 on 1201203017