Orca Mk2 details

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
James G.

Orca Mk2 details

Post by James G. » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:01 pm

I may have the chance to pick up an Orca Mk2. I know it doesn't have as much power as true CPSes, but it still has more than enough for anything that a casual player is likely to run into today, and if there are no glaring problems, the price looks good.

I've never used one before, so I'm curious if there's any quirks or issues that it is known to have that aren't obvious until you've tried it in person. I know the Mk2 fixes the reservoir cap placement, and it's said that the whale noises are mostly taken care of. These blasters have gotten pretty old now; are there any major durability/reliability issues that tend to come up with these (like the notorious "Max-D trigger" on those blasters)?

CDMT

Re: Orca Mk2 details

Post by CDMT » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:32 am

The Orca Mk2 is a bit awkward to pump but otherwise is alright. It's a decent water gun and is more powerful than the XP-100 or XP-50-AP and significantly longer lasting than both. I would concentrate on saving up for a CPS-2500 since much of it is repairable or replaceable as in the case of the bladder by using Latex Rubber Tubing. Also it is significantly more powerful.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Orca Mk2 details

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:25 am

Biggest quirk of the Mk2 Orca is the best ranged setting is the second largest nozzle even though it’s largest is only 5x equivalent the other thing to note is that WW electronic pressure gauges are known for developing a leak over time but all of this also applies to every other true Hydropower gun (excluding the Waterlord)
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: