Favourite Stock Soaker: 2007 - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:26 pm

What's been your favourite stock soaker this year? Your choice does not necessarily have to be one only released for 2007, but may also be one you recently acquired or just one you found yourself wanting to use the most this year.

For me, perhaps surprisingly, I've been particularly fond of the Super Soaker Sneak Attack. Sure, it's just a piston-based soaker, but something about its balance, styling, and simplicity of use has made me really enjoy this particular soaker. Of course, my all-time favourite is probably the Super Soaker XP215 as it's a soaker I can take virtually anywhere and packs great power and capacity for its size.

For this year, I do like the concept behind the Water Warriors Steady Stream and it would likely have been my favourite this year had its nozzle output been 2x to 3x more than it is. Of course, to support that, it would need a larger PC and larger pump volume (and, optimally, a larger reservoir as well). :goofy:

What about you guys?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:58 pm

For me, it's been the Flash Flood. I couldn't find any in New Zealand when they were released, but I've since moved to Australia (yup, my soakers came too) and I was able to find one of the double packs easily. I love it!

I've removed the mesh on the flood nozzle on both of them, and boy does it pack a wallop. Using my digital camera's movie mode, I measured the shot time to be 0.25 seconds, giving it an output of over 45x! Since I only ever have soakfests, never anything 'organised' (though I would like too) the Flash Flood is perfect.

Maybe a bit off topic, but I bought a Tarantula a couple of days ago as well. And to put it lightly, it sucked. I liked the gun's design, but I was lucky to get it to shoot 25 feet, and the stream was SLOW. So I took it back. Did I get a dud or is this normal?

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:07 pm

I used the Tiger Shark a lot, on lighter, no-heavies matches. Of course, my personal favorite is still my 12k, but as for 2007, I found that the TS worked out somewhat well.

Edit: Oops, you said stock. In that case, it'd be my 1000, but it's already a 10k. My 2700 comes in next, since it has good distance and power, though it's high capacity is a compromise for it's large size.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1192284777
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:41 pm

Anything with a K at the end. I used my 12K as my primary for most of the 2007 season. K'd guns still work with my personal fighting style better than anything else.

As for 2007, the Orca was the only post-2002 soaker I own. I did not use it in battle, used it as a loaner instead. Even in Blorca form, it's still not up to par with my typical favs.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers