MXL review.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Long8503

MXL review.

Post by Long8503 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:21 pm

I bought one (the longer one) in ebay some time ago and I descided to test it out in the winter :) The measurements are
39 inches/1 meter
Around 7 inches in width
Range with dual nozzles
Aquastorm 25ft (Normal) Angled 34
Typhoon Blast 20ft(Normal) (Angled 25)
5x 28ft (Normal) 36ft (Angled)
8.5x 26 ft (Normal) 35ft (Angled)
11.5x 21ft (Normal) 29ft (Angled)

Review: This thing is massive, its super imtidating it will make the kids cry. It's pretty dang heavy its around 22 pounds when filled. The output on this thing is almost unmatched. However there are many issues with this gun that makes this thing hard to use. First of all pumping this thing takes FOREVER mine takes 45 pumps to make it full full. The pressure on this thing is lacking, sure I knew it wasn't gonna be cps 2000 strong but this thing is weak as the cps 1000. Last the gun is really expensive, around 200 to 400 for this thing. Overall its a really fun gun, but its just underwhelming.... :passedout:

SSCBen

Re: MXL review.

Post by SSCBen » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:47 pm

Wow, the Monster XL is extremely expensive. $200-$400 these days!

The Monster XL was fairly disappointing range-wise, and it's not clear to me why. Larami had the technical ability to make something as powerful as the CPS 2000 but since the CPS 2000 was discontinued, they never did again. I don't think we ever heard an explanation of that. Cost likely isn't it as the Monster XL wasn't cheap. I don't think safety was it either as I couldn't find any safety incidents involving the CPS 2000. Could be a combination of these factors, maybe, though I don't really know.

Long8503

Post by Long8503 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:53 pm

Ikr! It's so expensive I might sell mine who knows :) Actually, Lonnie said it was going to be as strong as the 2500 however, he said there was something wrong with the seals that made it rather weak. I just learned this yesterday as well.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:43 pm

Long8503 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:53 pm
Lonnie said it was going to be as strong as the 2500 however, he said there was something wrong with the seals that made it rather weak. I just learned this yesterday as well.
Interesting, I haven't heard this before. Where did you see it?

Long8503

Post by Long8503 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:25 pm

It was on Lonnie's reddit, in the waternet post thing. I just scrolled to a lot of comments and Lonnie said something about that.

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:10 pm

I saw that as well a while back. Basically he wanted a double barrel CPS 2500 and the manufacturer let him down.

Pertinent Reddit entries:
[deleted] •5 yr. ago
Which super soaker would you say is your favorite?

Iinex•5 yr. ago
CPS 2500
----‐-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[deleted]
Is there a Super Soaker model which reached an unexpected commercial success? Likewise, is there a model which failed to meet expectations?

linex:
The monster was the largest gun that Larami produced. It was very badass in its look. But the seals around the nozzle had manufacturing defects that were not corrected, and it did not deliver on the promise that the appearance presented. It was a dual nozzle version of the CPS 2500, and would've been great if it worked as well as the 2500.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:46 pm

I always thought it was the splitter (or whatever it's called) that gave the XL poor range. Like, why would you have a gun with two bladders and two nozzles, only to have the pipes join together in between? They should have been completely independent; just attach the trigger reach arm to two valves. Also I know people have singled MXLs before and they can get like 50 feet with both bladders feeding into one nozzle. Admittedly, having double barrels is part of the appeal though. Very few blasters can outsoak these things at close range.

I've never heard about the nozzle seal thing. I know some 2500s can have that problem with the O-ring under the selector, but I've never seen it with MXLs. Unless he's talking about a different seal. Either way, I feel like having a single pull valve is the bigger handicap. Then again none of the Monsters are known for particularly good range, so it might also be an issue with nozzle design.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Long8503

Post by Long8503 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:11 pm

You learn something everyday, also never knew people made it into 1 nozzle that must be badass.