Spyra Two now available for pre-order

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
CDMT

Spyra Two now available for pre-order

Post by CDMT » Sat May 01, 2021 11:45 am

https://spyra.com/products/spyratwo?var ... 8035687600

It looks like essentially the same gun but with slightly different styling and improvements. However I wonder if they made the blasts slightly longer because they claim the new one has 20 shots versus the previous 23-25 shots. It looks like the fire rate was changed from 1.5 seconds to 1.1 seconds.

This is what they say in the newsletter:
Experience a new and improved
Display, a faster rate of fire,
a less noisy pump & no more
dripping.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Spyra Two now available for pre-order

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat May 01, 2021 12:44 pm

I'm disappointed to see that the Spyra Two hasn't integrated a reservoir, while the Sypra has good firepower and a reasonable RoF it doesn't mesh well with the fighting our community does. 20 shots isn't enough when you're half a mile away from the nearest water source unless its got otherworldly power like the CPS 2000.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Sat May 01, 2021 1:44 pm

Well to be honest it wouldn't be that hard to overcome that issue. You guys could buy a backpack that opens at the top. Then buy a collapsible 3-5 gallon water tank that's easy to cut and a Tupperware container whose lid is wider than a spyra's muzzle. Then epoxy the top portion of the tupperware container to the water tank. Then you could fill the backpack and place it as an ammo dump where you could fill the Spyra at.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat May 01, 2021 4:20 pm

We haven't even had any reviews of the first one yet! I definitely think these are cool, but like Storm said they do not seem well suited for enthusiast water warfare. Especially at that price.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Sat May 01, 2021 5:58 pm

I own both the Spyra and the CPS 2000.

I feel like the only place suited for Spyra is limited short range engagements in urban environments where there is plenty of cover or in dense foliage like jungles. The biggest downsides to the Spyra are the small reservoir, noisy operation and low rate of fire. It can hit 46 feet with a charge shot but once you commit to the long range shot you are announcing to the world that you are there.

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Drenchenator » Sun May 02, 2021 7:30 am

I am impressed by the quality of the designs that Spyra puts out but I really do not understand the design choices made nonetheless. Spyra seems to treat a water gun like a Nerf gun with a set number of shots. I've always wondered if this design choice was to try to appeal to the Nerf market and this second gun seems to confirm that in my view. I really wish they would spend more time looking into developing a more "conventional" water gun, because I think there is a market for that. Nonetheless I do think their designs are unique and interesting.

I'm not too concerned about the high price point because they do seem to be using a lot of electronics especially and that could bump up the costs on their end. Personally I would prefer mechanical solutions since they would be cheaper and more reliable, but products today tends towards complex and fully-automated systems rather than something simple, I'm afraid.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench