best water gun

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
maxi

best water gun

Post by maxi » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:05 am

Hi. I am a new user here, an d I am wondering, what is the best water gun?

SSCBen

Re: best water gun

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:04 pm

We have an answer to this question on the old SSC frequently asked questions page, quoted here:
Which gun is the best? Which gun shoots the farthest? Which gun is the best for this year? Which gun should I choose?

"What is the best super soaker ever" is the kind of ambiguous question that you will never get everybody to agree on.

As has been said, the most powerful and farthest shooting one is the CPS 2000 mk.1. However, it's not great in the field because of its low shot time and number of pumps. The CPS 2500 is better in that respect due to its choice of nozzles.

The CPS 3000/3200, on the other hand, having a backpack is very good on water capacity, so they are good if mobility isn't a massive issue.

If you want intimidation, the Monster XL has to be your choice.

For an all-round powerful gun, go for the CPS 1500/1700. Size-to-power ratio is very good.

And if you want an air pressure rifle...go for the XP 150, though the XP 310/Max-D 6000 isn't bad either.

The top end of this year's lineups such as the HydroBlitz and Arctic Blast from Super Soaker and the Orca from Water Warriors are good guns from the current crop.

However, realize that people's opinions will always differ.
Note that this was written circa 2008 so the blasters mentioned as available "this year" are no longer available in stores.

As for the best blasters currently available, as stated above, the answer depends on what you want.

The most powerful certainly is Spyra's. (Full disclosure: I've done some consulting for them but I liked them and their product before then.) I do have some issues with their current blaster: I personally am not a fan of battery-operated blasters, and I'd prefer a blaster with more water capacity, but it appears that most don't share these concerns. The blaster is well-built and a huge step in the right direction for the hobby.

You can consult iSoaker.com's review section for detailed reviews to make your own decision about what's best for you.