Water Warriors Garganuta X

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Water Warriors Garganuta X

Post by SEAL » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:49 pm

This seems to have flown under everyone's radar. It's a Garganuta with a spring PC! Seems like an odd move on BBT's part. I wonder if this would be better or worse than the CPS chamber of the original. Either way it's kinda cool to see. They haven't done anything like this in some time.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warriors Garganuta X

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:35 pm

I’m not to confident in this on the one hand my Pulse Master has firepower on par with a stock 1200 but with inferior RoF due to the small chamber volume. While I found it usable against other guns in its size class one of my friends who normally would use his 2500 tried it and basically just hated it because one or two shots and you needed to completely fill the PC again. This problem would likely be more exaggerated By the fact that’s is likely in the “light” category by power.

It’s likely to find itself in an unfortunate position where it is to weak to be competitive with 1200’s in standing line fights and far to slow on RoF to keep up with 150’s and the like when it comes to pushing the attack as it’s RoF is even inferior to 1200’s and such like.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:13 am

No need to worry about its PC performance since the Water Warriors Gargantua X operates more like a Water Warriors Steady Stream. The trigger is purely ornamental. :-?
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Well that’s even more disappointing, I expected a lackluster “light” primary and instead it’s another weak piston pumper.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:13 am

For real? Why in the world does BBT push this technology so much? This has to be like the twentieth variation of the Steady Stream. I guess I should have known that they wouldn't do anything as adventurous as a spring PC blaster, but considering how good the original Gargantua was, this comes as kind of a kick in the nuts. That's almost as bad as if Hasbro were to re-release a CPS but as a piston gun. BBT has fallen pretty far, hasn't it? At least they have Water Warriors guns back on their website now.

Spyra now seems to be the only manufacturer worth following. Too bad their gun is so expensive and not seemingly very powerful. But I'll reserve judgement until I read the tests.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:27 pm

iSoaker has written the following on BBT in the past:
However, in late-2010, Buzz Bee Toys Inc. was served an injunction barring it from producing any more rubber-bladder-based water blasters until the CPS-patent expires. Thus, unless Buzz Bee Toys Inc. opts to create more spring-based water blasters, it will be a number of years until we can again see more development under the Water Warriors brand in the elastic category.
So maybe BBT stopped making bladder water guns because of this? But the CPS patent expired, so this doesn't make sense given the above.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:32 am

Unfortunately this was not a result of the injunction but rather a deliberate choice from WW. In 2016 when the patients ran out they released the Hydropower Waterlord, the next year in 2017 they released the Cylindrical CPS Gargantua.