Just when I thought I'd seen it all. Toilet Paper Blasters.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
cantab

Just when I thought I'd seen it all. Toilet Paper Blasters.

Post by cantab » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:22 am

Jakks Pacific came out with these last year I think. Two are listed, the "Skid Shot" and the "Sheet Storm". I'm not sure they strictly qualify as water blasters, they shoot something wet at least. Though judging by the small size of the water reservoirs nobody's going to get really soaked by one.

https://jakksstore.com/pages/toilet-paper-blasters

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Just when I thought I'd seen it all. Toilet Paper Blasters.

Post by marauder » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:47 am

That's hilarious. I'm sure 3rd graders everywhere are rejoicing at this. Looks like they liberally took aesthetic ques from Nerf.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:04 pm

The first thing I thought of was that prank where you take a toilet paper roll and attach it to a blow dryer, hahaha. But this is more like a spitball launcher. I wonder if these will sell well or not. It certainly seems like something that kids would like, if they're anything like I was when I was young, haha.

But this does remind one that there are more than just the five standard war games. Lots of people play airsoft, paintball, nerf, laser tag and of course water wars, but there are many other potential war games as well. I remember having a pair of marshmellow blasters when I was little. You've also got rubber band guns, ball launchers, and who knows what else. Would be funny if there was another obscure community out there that is devoted to hardcore marshmellow gun wars or something.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Rubber band guns were super popular in Cambridge Assassins back in the day. Probably still are. I had a sweet double-barrelled one but it never worked properly, and a more ordinary pistol which did work well.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:54 pm

cantab wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:22 pm
Rubber band guns were super popular in Cambridge Assassins back in the day. Probably still are. I had a sweet double-barrelled one but it never worked properly, and a more ordinary pistol which did work well.
My cousins had rubber band guns. I remember that they looked so cool. The advantage of rubber band guns is that you can fight inside while ammo is also incredibly cheap. The sting is also a little more than a stock nerf blaster and you don't have to worry about it breaking anything.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.