Gun Storage

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Gun Storage

Post by SEAL » Sat May 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Hey all, so I wanted to talk a little bit about solutions for storing water guns. My current issue is that I live in a house with no basement and very little in terms of storage space. Right now I've got a pile of guns in a corner in my bedroom, and three large cardboard boxes filled with them scattered throughout the house. It just looks way too messy, and I want a better space for them. There's a bit of room in the garage, but this is the south, and it can easily top 90 degrees in there during the summer, and goes up by like 10 after I park my car in there. (High horsepower equals high heat, haha.) Can that damage the guns if they're kept there for long-term storage? Unfortunately I don't know when I'll use them again at this point, but I'm not trying to unload them just yet.

How do you all store your blasters? Ideally I'd like to hang them on pegboards, but I have too many guns and not enough wall space.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

SSCBen

Re: Gun Storage

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 04, 2019 5:50 pm

This datasheet says that latex tubing can handle temperatures from -65 F to 180 F, so the weakest component of a CPS blaster is not a problem. The seals probably have a similar temperature range.

I'd be more worried about the potential for mold growth. Empty the reservoirs and dry pump them with the trigger pulled to remove as much water as possible from inside. Periodically flush them with water. I imagine that's enough.

iSoaker has some other tips: http://www.isoaker.com/Tech/cleaning.php

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue May 07, 2019 9:06 am

I hang mine on pegboards in the garage mostly. If you have a gun you really really like then you could keep it in your closet or under your bed just to make sure. I have found that this keeps them a little more fresh at least in appearance if nothing else. What guns do you have these days?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu May 09, 2019 6:25 pm

marauder wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:06 am
What guns do you have these days?
I recently got the last of my blasters down from NY, so I have basically my entire arsenal aside from the guns that belonged to my brother. As far as which ones still work though, I'm not entirely sure. However the plan was to eventually phase them out and replace them with homemades anyway. 20-year-old toys only serve their purpose for so long. But I do not know when I'll ever have free time again, so that's on the backburner for now. I'm getting ready to go back to school this fall, and the plan is to graduate in about three years, get a high-paying job, and buy a house.

So I managed to get all the guns into boxes on a shelf in the garage. I think they'll be fine there, and even if they aren't, I can always upgrade them or something later. Imagine homemade internals in a stock shell. Might be worth looking into. It's like swapping out parts in your car for high-performance ones. Heck, that might even be a better solution than building a homemade from the ground up.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.