Hands-On: Super Soaker eXtra Tank Carrier (XTC) - @ iSoaker.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Super Soaker eXtra Tank Carrier (XTC) - @ iSoaker.

Post by isoaker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:27 am

Well, this is another piece of Super Soaker History that I've only recently gotten my hands on (purchased again from Cobralex297; Thanks!).

Made for the Super Soaker SS50, the SS X.T.C. basically is a belt carrier that comes with two capped SS 50 reservoirs. Thus, with an SS 50 and the SS XTC, a water warrior could last nearly three times as long on the field without needing to refill. It is only nearly three as opposed to definitely three times as long since the SS XTC reservoirs are just a touch smaller in volume compared to the original SS 50's reservoir. No idea why...

Unfortunately, my SS 50 is presently in deep storage, thus can't actually verify it does fit, though I'd be rather surprised if it didn't. Pictures coming soon...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:25 am

Update: Super Soaker SS X.T.C. pictures posted.

Review coming soon...

Enjoy!

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:32 am

wow, i'd never thought id see it again. i remember my brother and i had these back in the day with our ss50's. it sure was awsome not having to worry about extra water, but haveing the extra tanks on your belt were kind of cumbersom. as i can remember, the belt itself wouldnt stay on to well with all the extra water and it also made moving around more difficult due to the fact that a good jump or bump could sent the water falling out. still, it was cool at the time and a great blast from the past.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:08 am

@Dacca: Cool! You had one of these back in the day! I only got mine recently, thus have no real battle/usage experience with it. I have found that they also appear to attach onto the Super Soaker SS 60, though perhaps not as snugly as the actual SS 60 reservoir does.

At any rate, I'll take note of your comments as I finish writing up my shorter review on this product. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the SS XTC! If you wish to submit a mini-review of your own on these, I'd be more than willing to add it to the page.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:52 pm

XN gave me one of these, my brother, my friends, and I used to use a lot of modded NI 100s back in the day and this actually came in fairly handy.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:55 pm

Super Soaker XTC review posted. Shorter review, but then again, the SS XTC is not a blaster, either.

Enjoy!