Nerf Super Soakers for 2019

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
jja

Nerf Super Soakers for 2019

Post by jja » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:32 am

Isoaker has found some images for next years Super soakers, I thought it would be worth reposing the images here:

Hydra:

basically a far more ergonomic soakzooka, assuming much of the internals will be identical

Barracuda:

Piranha:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Nerf Super Soakers for 2019

Post by marauder » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 am

It's pretty incredible that we are discovering these so early. The Barricuda looks kind of decent. I have never used the soakzooka so I am not sure how the Hydra would be.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

jja

Post by jja » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:44 am

my thoughts:

Piranha -piston trigger style so trash for small kids. Barracuda - standard Hasbro piston blaster much the same as all the others

The Hydra however is much more interesting, soakzooka has like 170mls pump volume at 12m range limited by capacity with only enough for about 10 blasts - its quite radically different to other piston blasters. It may be sufficiently potent to be a niche option that is somewhat competitive against some of the more common water warriors air pressure blasters (python 2 colossus 2)

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:12 pm

For what it's worth, the Soakzooka did actually achieve about 40 feet with 6X output according to isoaker. Ironically, that actually makes it more powerful than the Splashzooka (which I proclaimed to be the far superior 'zook), even if the original is obviously more practical.

But piston guns just overall suck to use. They'd have to be really powerful like a Stream Machine before being worthwhile in my opinion. They're slower and less accurate than pressurized guns. And yet I don't have to even look at the 2019 models to know that they will be piston guns. I'd feel comfortable betting quite a bit of money that the 2020 models will be piston guns too.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:45 am

I was trying to find some Stream Machines prior to our last war but could not find any at Target or Wal Mart. I do think that guns like that have their place on battlefields like Little Creek or obviously if you are at the pool or lake. Has anybody seen any of those in their areas?

*side note*
While I do believe in capitalism (albeit a form that is regulated) I think this is a good example of how the market doesn't always produce what is best for consumers. We had awesomely powerful guns for almost 2 decades but producers have realized that they can put out crap and still make a decent amount of money off of it.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

AmaIro18

Post by AmaIro18 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:54 pm

I do remember seeing some Stream Machine style (don't remember the exact brand) blasters at my local Target, but only during June/July.