HydroBlitz

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 pm

We all know that, now calm down.

This is the 100th reply of my previous favourite gun thread!!!

Edited By hydroblitz on 1183096058
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:26 am

For someone that has a more than extensive collection of large guns... 2000, 2100, 2500, 2700, 3000... i can say that the hydroblitz does, in my opinion, have a useful place on the modern day soaker battlefield.
These are just some responses to the above posts...
I usually get 7-8 blasts on mine, which i guess has had enough use to be 'broken in' a little bit. I pump 35-45 times, but usually 40.

Does anyone else notice that the stream takes a little while to drop off after the trigger has been released? is there anything that can be done about that?

I too am having problems with the full emptying of water. I have all guns mounted on my wall inbetween use, and i have all of them empty. The hydroblitz has been an exception, as no matter howmany times i pump it, there's still water left.

Switching the mode and pumping/shooting while pointing down does help, but as stated above, there's gotta be a better way.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:41 pm

rbertaut44 wrote:I think the hydro blitz is the best gun I ever got. I think it gust might rivle the Monster XL!

Yes, I'm gonna run you into the ground. No hard feelings, and apologies in advance. I don't mean this personally, I'm just a two-team Admiral whose battlefield expertise lies with big guns. So here we go:

That has to be the most retarded thing I've seen put on these forums. The HB should not even be put in the same class as the awe-inspring MXL. Let's look first at my favorite aspect of any gun: intimidation. HB just looks funny. To me, (and don't ask me where I got this, it was just a first impression,) it looks like a sideways R/C powerpack thats missin two batteries. The MXLs sheer size and length makes it impossible to be attacked by rookies, and even the most seasoned veterans will tell you that they'll look elsewhere before going into combat on the wrong end of a MXL. Sure, the HB might be a little easier to handle, but the sheer output pump-for-pump goes to the MXL. I have faced a HB this year, and easily overwhelmed the puny stream and even the riot blast with my output. Not to mention, HB has just two options: a highly underpowered stream or a tank-busting riot blast. MXL as two selector nozzles, allowing for multiple patterns, ranges, and outputs. Granted, personal users have personal weapons, but to compare the HB with the MXL shows a shunning of knowledge, emotional attachment to a weapon, and, above all, a lack of true, tested battlefield experience.

Again, my apologies for running that into the ground, nothing personal 44, but that quote just got to me, being a hardened HG.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:27 am

agreed. completely, without any doubt, the hydroblitz barely if at all compares to guns like the 1000/1200. It's weight to output ratio is way off (in my opinion), it just looks darn odd, and isn't at all that cool. Stream is less than any CPS soaker i think, and the blast is allRIGHT but certainly not any better than PAR. There is a place for it on the battlefield, however certainly not in any place that you could fill with an MXL, or even a 1500 or something.

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:20 pm

I pretty much agree. The main stream, while nice at a 21-23 second duration under full pump is just plain anemic. Hell, an overload, even on it's smaller selector, has a better stream in terms of size, and it's bigger stream selector is fine.

With a big beast gun comes a LOT of attention. You're going to draw a hell of a lot of fire with that thing, because they're gonna think it's got the firepower of a 2000,2500,3000 size gun, which is doesn't. You'll get drowned if you try to take that thing into a big fight.

I pray that a nozzle mod will help this gun, otherwise, I'll pawn it off on an opponent who I want to crush. Frankly.. I'm spoiled.. I won't personally use anything less than a 1500 in a fight, and I'm really a backpack (SS300, CPS3000) kind of guy.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:13 pm

Here is another Hydrolbitz youtube video. Was my hydroblitz faulty or the burst mode is supposed to shoot that fast? I think it looks much more drenching than usual.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:28 pm

JLspacemarine wrote:Here is another Hydrolbitz youtube video. Was my hydroblitz faulty or the burst mode is supposed to shoot that fast? I think it looks much more drenching than usual.

Nice video! As for your Hydro Blitz, I think mine fires at roughly the same speed, though perhaps a touch slower. As much as I like the Blitz nozzle, I would still have preferred if it had its own trigger as opposed to needing to toggle the switch selector.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:46 pm

That video actually makes the HydroBlitz look a bit better, however I'm still sticking to my CPS 1500/1700's over it. It would be so much more menacing if it came out all in one burst, it definitely has a big enough sized firing chamber to support it, however Hasbro thought otherwise it seems.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:06 pm

The time between the bursts on that particular 'Blitz look to be about 2/3 the time between mine. Possibly he pumped it MUCH more than I've been pumping mine or you've been pumping yours, however that's doubtful to me, as I pump 30-40 times...
It seems that there's a large variability in the performance of this blaster. Possibly it has something to do with the insane amount of moving parts, and the high complexity of the internals.
I don't use mine a ton, I've got other, better guns that I prefer greatly, so I'll look no further.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:38 pm

^When you look at the HB vs the 1500/1700, It is unfortunate to see that the hydroblitz has so poorer performance while both guns has the same PC and reservoir capacity. IMO, they shouldn't have included the useless burst system to make room for a bigger, stronger and properly positioned PC. Add a nozzle selector to the mix and you have something like a monster X turned into a minigun. :cool:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:39 pm

So do you think that with a drilled or somehow increased nozzle, the size and pressure of the Hydroblitz PC would give it decent power for it's size?

Regardless, I'm sure that the tiny-ness of the current nozzle is quite restrictive. I'm NOT currently sure, however, what the effects of a drill or multi-nozzle mod would be.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:08 am

Based on the tubing layout inside the Hydro Blitz, a partial drilling may help increase the power for the stream nozzle, but not much for the Blitz nozzle. In fact, for the Blitz nozzle, I wonder whether a nozzle-reduction/guidance tube would be more beneficial in hoping to create a more laminar stream from that setting (though it'd still be pulsing).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:29 pm

Ah. Hmm, I'll have to definitely consider drilling the stream nozzle lightly, however I'm really not much for mods. A more focused blast nozzle would definitely be interesting, however I'm not sure how easy it would be to do the reduction.