HydroBlitz

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sat May 26, 2007 12:17 pm

the clearnce rack is always worth it. but price is always a huge issue. for one thing if you compare BBT soakers to SS soakers, BBT wins with better soakers for less. i personally wouldnt mind shelling out $40 for a soaker, but the soaker better be worth all 40.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sun May 27, 2007 11:32 pm

and then some. ^^^
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:11 am

JlSpaceMarine, I see a lot of BBT guns at my local K-mart. I doubt that big ones like Wal-mart and Target stock them. Oh and I am with C-A_99 all the way on good guns. You know my uncle has a perfectly good condish CPS-2000 (I want to ask him if I can have it) and when we go to my grandparents beach house, I can stand on the side walk and peg my brother with it when he is across the street! I have noticed that after the 2003 line up, the Super Soakers really began to decline because of the Hasbro takeover. So now instead of awesome guns like the 2000 and the Monster-XL, we have overpriced special function junk like the HydroBlitz and Secret Strike. I personnally have never used one so this is just a guess.

Gold Hawk
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

bb1

Post by bb1 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:39 pm

Big stores do have them actually. I got mine from meijer, saw some at walmart.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:47 pm

Ok guys, we all know that Hasbro is missing the boat with Super Soaker, but unless we actually step up and do something, (letters, emails, forum involvement by hasbro execs, etc.) we're just spinning our proverbial wheels. Personally, I won't get the HB this year, as I have no need for it. But you can expect this kind of flirting with bigger designs for a while out of Hasbro until someone says something. So who's it gonna be?
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:26 am

Petitions, etc. have been tried before, and they don't work. Why? Because we're a tiny percentage of customers, and we don't represent the whole. They continue to sell, they get their money, and they're happy. Do a search for threads like this if you're interested, and at Super Soaker Central too.

Water Warriors is a little better, as Big Bee has visited the forums and they clearly listen to our comments when considering what to change. But that doesn't mean you can expect incredibly powerful water guns. All they're looking for is errors or problems they've overlooked that would affect water guns in the community at large.

If you don't like the water guns out there, then take things into your own hand by buying from eBay, modding, or building your own. :cool:

Eurofighter

Post by Eurofighter » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:50 am

anyone know when the new HB and the other new SS's are coming outin the UK ????

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:20 pm

I picked up a hydroblitz yesterday. What a beast in terms of size. I do like the incredibly long stream you can sustain once you've pumped up and if you pump at all while firing, you can, and will drain the tank in short order. The burst mode is indeed nice, but if you don't have the spare aquapak to attach, you'll find yourself needing to refill a LOT.

I also notice that I can't seem to fully empty the burst mode chamber of water. I'll pump up, pull the trigger, and get no water, but if I switch the selector to stream, I'll get a spurt of a noticeable amount of water for a second, and then nothing.. and if I repeat the flip back and forth, I'll get more.. how on earth do you drain the chamber for storage?

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:18 pm

The same thing happened to me with mine. I think you really can't empty it. It's probably the design. Only Hasbro would know.
Soak On!

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:41 pm

You have to make sure the main bladder (the one that the pumping fills) is empty. Then, when the secondary bladder (the one that the main bladder fills) is emptied while pulsing, there's no water and pressure to fill it up again. :cool:

I think.

rbertaut44

Post by rbertaut44 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:56 pm

I think the hydro blitz is the best gun I ever got. I think it gust might rivle the Monster XL!
Normal Pasition: Camander/Hevy Forword
Main Gun: CPS 3200| Backup Gun: Aquashock Seckrit Strike
Arsonal: CPS 3200, 100 oz Aqua Pack, Max D 2000, Water Ball SL 175 and ML 100, Sheald Blaster 1000 and 3000, Aquashock Seckrit Strike, Healix, and Storm 2 in1.

Broken guns: A lot

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:24 pm

rbertaut44 wrote:I think the hydro blitz is the best gun I ever got. I think it gust might rivle the Monster XL!
You sir, have lost your mind. I just had a little informal squirt fight with the neighborhood kids.

1. Blast mode drains your tank waaay too fast. Aquapack is going to be a must.

2. if you fire all 4 pulses, you're defenseless till you can recharge.

3. I gouged a huge chunk of flesh from my thumb while madly trying to pump after depleting the tank.

4. Lack of a proper gauge makes it tough to tell when it's refill time.

Compared to my CPS 3000.. the Hydroblitz is sorely lacking. Even on the lowest setting the CPS 3000 water stream impacts on the victim with a LOT more solid feel, and a more thorough drenching.

Honestly, I think I can't recommend a Hydroblitz to anyone. If you want a riot blast, go with the Flash Flood, and an aquapack. Same volume of stream water, much lighter, and easier to pump, and certainly less expensive.

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:26 pm

A little more, practical testing...

I can fire a fully pumped (30-35 back and forth strokes) Blitz in stream mode for 20-23 seconds before power drop off. This matches up within a statistical margin for error of the YouTube posted video of the Blitz in action.

When I set to riot mode on a fully pumped blitz, I'm getting 6-7 bursts, not just 4.

Fully pumping the tank on stream mode takes about 1/3rd of the volume of water out of the fill tank.. you are SOOOO going to need an aquapack if you want to use this for any length of time.. hell, I think a modded 2 gallon backpack with an max infusion connector might be in order.

Pumping the Hydroblitz is not as tedious as pumping my 3000. The strap helps considerably in carrying the weight of the gun. I cannot, however, seem to fully empty at least one of the pump changers. I'll have to refer to the images of the innards of the gun to see what is going on there.

Pumping a hydroblitz while it's firing in stream mode will give you a sustained full stream.. something I can't do with my CPS 3000.. so that's a nice spot..

However.. for it's bulk... I still think there are better guns to be had. I'll give Hasbro credit for TRYING to please the big gun enthusiasts with this weapon, but they've still got a long way to go.. hell.. even a 2X or 4X selector on stream would have been a major improvement.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 pm

ZTrooper wrote:I can fire a fully pumped (30-35 back and forth strokes) Blitz in stream mode for 20-23 seconds before power drop off. This matches up within a statistical margin for error of the YouTube posted video of the Blitz in action.

When I set to riot mode on a fully pumped blitz, I'm getting 6-7 bursts, not just 4.

Well, the stream shown in the youtube video was also the result of about 30-35 pumps..... but the HB can shoot more than 4 bursts that's for sure, as you see in the last part of the video. I just didn't know when to stop pumping when I recorded this, the hydroblitz lacks a fill gauge. This gun is so complex that it seems to need some use before it performs to the max.

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:36 am

JLspacemarine wrote:Well, the stream shown in the youtube video was also the result of about 30-35 pumps..... but the HB can shoot more than 4 bursts that's for sure, as you see in the last part of the video. I just didn't know when to stop pumping when I recorded this, the hydroblitz lacks a fill gauge. This gun is so complex that it seems to need some use before it performs to the max.
When pumping, you will start to hear a 'swishing water' sort of sound when you're fully pumped. Yes, I think it's going to have a bit of a break in period before it really reaches it's 'operating' performance level. On the other hand, while pumping, it seems the orange plastic of the handle looked like it was flexing/bending around the circular base of the pump connector.. I have a bad feeling this is going to be problematic/break before too long. Considering the relative sturdiness of the internals, I was dissapointed at how weak that pump handle looks at this point.

I'd like to find a good tutorial on nozzle modding though, to see if I can increase the stream size on the Blitz... with 20-23 seconds on 1x, and a single pump adding several seconds to the stream time, I'm thinking a nice nozzle mod will yeild a significantly more viable weapon...

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:39 am

Additionally, I have a help ticket open with Hasbro to find out how to fully empty the blitz. Even with the fill tank empty, and the blitz mode discharged, there's still water in the system and I can shake it and hear water in some secondary tank. I want to find out how to fully empty it, so I can store it between water fight seasons. I'll post any info I get on the subject.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Hmm..does it help if you pump air into the primary chamber? Although I'm not sure if that'll build enough pressure to fill the secondary chamber. Maybe keep pumping?
Image[/

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:33 pm

My technique to fully empty the blitz was to point the gun down and move the switch up and down from burst to stream while pressing the trigger until there was no more extra pressure/water remaining. It works fairly well.

ZTrooper

Post by ZTrooper » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:30 pm

JLspacemarine wrote:My technique to fully empty the blitz was to point the gun down and move the switch up and down from burst to stream while pressing the trigger until there was no more extra pressure/water remaining. It works fairly well.
Yeah.. I can flip it back and forth, too.. but that seems like a cludgey way to do it.. you ought to be able to empty it in a fairly straightforward manner, imho... I haven't heard back from hasbro yet.. I'll keep people posted.

CX360

Post by CX360 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:03 pm

I just got mine today and let me tell you, it's freaking huge!