HydroBlitz

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DX

Post by DX » Sat May 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Against stock soakers, a modded Hydroblitz could have some edge, though against other modded guns, it could more than fall flat. Versatility includes more than just stats. Supposedly the Hydroblitz is one of the most awkward guns to hold. The nozzles are also not that much of an advantage since other guns like the Flash Flood have it and the ability to switch is quick on any gun with a selector. If you know your gun well, you can switch to the nozzle you want in a second, such as with a CPS 2500, where you have to memorize the order.

I'm not saying that a modded Hydroblitz would be a bad gun, just that it wouldn't be a great gun. As for a 2000, skilled users can make their tanks last quite a while in the right game types. You can get 6-7 tap shots from one pc, so that's easily over 40 taps to a tank. That could last an hour, perhaps longer. An hour with always near full pressure and always a shot ready is a powerful ability. Guns really are made good or bad by the user.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sat May 05, 2007 6:59 pm

Sorry nz, but I have to strongly disagree with you. The CPS 2000 is my gun of choice, and DX isn't kidding when he says we can go an hour on a tank. If the guy you were up against was skilled, he would have had no problem keeping a pressurized firing chamber and keeping you dancing for 40+ shots. Dodging 40 shots in rapid succession is a feat worthy of superhumans. I personally have never missed my target with more than three bursts, and I am by no means the most skilled 2grander on earth. If you are good with a HB, then by all means, use it, but don't count on it to get you out from under the scope of a skilled user of any gun, especially a 2000.

Dictionary of the Appalachians:
(that's ap - puh - latch - ins, NOT ap - puh - lay - shins)
2grander - CPS 2000 user
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Sat May 05, 2007 7:49 pm

Yes he wasn't very good and I did say my origanal post was plain incorrect. I did'nt mean that using a Mod HB means you won't get targeted, far from it. Some guns will consistently out gun it eg cps2000 end of story. All i'm saying is that it may be competitive enough so at least it's not a complete one sided slaugter (ie the HB user may at least be able to return some of the fire). A good mate of mine has a cps2500 and all i've got is an xp310 and that IS a one sided game (and we are both good shots). To even be able to return a third of his ml/s would help but the xp310 doesn't even get close to that. If the HB after modding could release over half the ml/s and on the small nozzle a range within a few feet It might even up the playing field enough that the more skilled user is victorious which is the way I like it and that's the way a fair match should be.
:soaked: Image :cps2500: :soaked:

Edited By nz veteran on 1178412720
The outcome of a water fight:
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%
:soakon2:

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 05, 2007 8:05 pm

You can pwn a 2500 user with an XP 310, even with even skill. Just not in an organized soakfest or a free for all. There are wild stories about users with small guns beating users with large cannons on one hit battlefields. Thing is, they aren't really wild stories because that happens nearly every war. Users are supreme in one hit wars, to the extent where a good gun won't save you if you lack the skill to use it to its greatest potential.

This is like the war I fought today. Stats of the guns didn't matter - range didn't even matter that much. Speed of maneuver and some tactical daring won the day. Think about dog fighting in WWI. You could have the most sophisticated plane and the biggest machine guns, but if the enemy can fly theirs better, then you're most likely dead. One reason why the local teams only play one hit scores for ranked wars - the game type brings out skill and experience.

Skill parity in soakfests results in the user with the better gun having the upper hand. There's very little one can do about that, other than dance and run. I've figured out that the main difference between soakfest variants and kill/score variants is that the first glorifies the gun and the second glorifies the user. You can have fun in either, just know what the limits of skill are in a soakfest.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Sat May 05, 2007 8:57 pm

I usually always play soakfest type games over my farm area (gully and streams) and the winner is the person least wet and the loser who is smashed. Theirs tactics, just no lame instant 1 hit kill games. If someone gets a tiny trickle on you from a pistol and you nail them it's not counted 1:1 he's wetter but the gun isn't as important as manouverability in the game. Scoring is steped up in amount of water fired and the firing has to be proper battle fire not tiny shots then run away. If you miss on a proper attempt you also lose points. All of my mates and me are 16+ in age, fit and accurate so we all use the terrain and sneaky tactics agains't each other but if you shoot you opponent twice as much as he gets you but your gun is one sixth the power you will lose. Fitness and skill are the factors that should define the winner of the game but if range and ml/s are VASTLY different then it will rule the day.

Anyway this is getting off topic for this forum. It looks like the Hydroblitz will be a reasonable gun and good luck to people who use this gun in water fights like I will next spring/summer. It will be interesting to see how this gun fairs in real battles were the real world usefulness of this gun will be shown. Hopefully it will be a good companion in a water fight with its 40ft+ range and it's modding potential. I will be looking forward to more information and a review on this gun.

Edited By nz veteran on 1178417901
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat May 05, 2007 11:15 pm

Saw the Hydroblitz at Target the other day. For just a second, I considered getting it.

That thing is MASSIVE. Like, bigger than I thought I'd ever see Super Soakers again. Like a 20gallon Tupperware with a handle. No idea how it performs, but dang, it's HUGE!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sat May 05, 2007 11:51 pm

Consider 40 ft as it's max range when stock, such small streams can get their range reduced or increased a lot because of wind. If you want to get more than 40ft, then the mods you're planning will be useful. I may have been a bit over the top myself by saying 40ft+.

As I said in post #1, the only measuring cup I can use is graduated in sections of 50mL. So finally the smaller stream has an output of ~60mL/sec.

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Sun May 06, 2007 5:50 am

I expected the small nozzle to be fairly terrible but it's only as bad as poor. It is only 3x but that should'nt be an excuse for a cps gun as my xp310 can pull that on a 2x!. Using a 7/64 (~5x) should push the output up to 120-150ml/s and hopefully near 45ft range which would be reasonable. I think i'll end up Colossing the big chamber to get the power i'm after because sadly it looks like it's pc doesn't have the punch on the water i'd like.

Damn those AGE CONSCIOUS HASBRO! WHY don't they RAISE the MINIMUM RECOMMENDED AGE for their TOP GUN/S and give them the POWER EXPERIENCED USERS DESERVE! It's sad that it's one age fits all guns but they will never change that because they don't seem to understand the large market potential in really grunty guns these days. People are just plain desperate for them (most experienced users will pay HUGE prices for the stronger old Larami guns). sigh :(

Thanks for the information though :) . I'm still going to get one and see what it's got in terms of potential. I will post my information to you guys before modding, at 3/32, 7/64 and if range is still increasing at that point a 1/8. I'll also show it's big nozzle range before and after mesh removal and when it's being fed straight from the primary pc. It may take a while for it to get into Kmart as spring is 4 months away here.

Edited By nz veteran on 1178449298
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun May 06, 2007 9:32 am

Quite honestly, I don't think many within their age audience could use a HB. Either way, they've apparently got the balls this year to make a gun bigger yet just as gimmicky as their previous guns. Re-releases? All they re-release are the XP's... They act as if putting up a CPS 1000 is going to put them out of business or something... Whatever it is, it seems like they've got a big problem releasing anything better than a FF.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1178494338
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sun May 06, 2007 10:39 pm

Like I said, the HB seems like a bigger badder FF to me. :oo:
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun May 06, 2007 11:07 pm

Leviathan wrote:Like I said, the HB seems like a bigger badder FF to me. :oo:

Bigger? Yes, a lot. Badder? Not so much. The 3x stream has the same output and reach a little farther than the FF, but the bursts aren't that big and lacks range. The only improvement over the FF when stock is the PC/reservoir capacity, which comes from it's hugeness. IMO they're equal in terms of overall power. (I have both) :cool:

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Mon May 07, 2007 7:34 pm

Well, it's badder looking, at least. :D

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun May 13, 2007 11:57 am

Here is my new Hydroblitz Video posted on youtube, featuring the two blasting modes.

Enjoy! :cool:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun May 13, 2007 12:06 pm

Nice vid, looks like a nozzle drill on the main nozzle would work pretty well. Perhaps a modification can be done to make the blasts continuous. (which would definately be much easier to control and hit others with)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun May 13, 2007 1:13 pm

Yeah, thats a nice video. The HB seems to preform better than I thought.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Nice! It would have been interesting if they had designed the pulse such that the secondary bladder is filled a bit, and then it goes through the cycle - so that there's less dropoff through each burst.

Looks like the gun has a decent amount of shot time on the smaller nozzle. CA-99, I'm afraid you can't have a continuous larger stream...I haven't looked at the internals pictures for a while, but I'm guessing the primary bladder and tubing does not have enough potential for flow.

Nice video though, thanks for sharing!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 14, 2007 7:56 am

@JLspacemarine: Thanks for posting up the vid! Man, I want me one of those! :goofy:

@Silence: "It would have been interesting if they had designed the pulse such that the secondary bladder is filled a bit, and then it goes through the cycle - so that there's less dropoff through each burst." Isn't that how the system works? After looking at those internals, to me, it looks like the primary PC pushes water into the secondary PC, expanding it. When the 2nd PC expands enough, it toggles the Blitz's large Max-D valve to the open position, firing the pulse. As the 2nd PC depletes its water, the large nozzle valve then re-snaps shut, waiting for the next fill. At least, that's my understanding of how the flow in the Hydro Blitz works for the large nozzle. I think the drop-off is more due to the size of the large nozzle and the fact that the 2nd PC must be weaker than the first, otherwise it wouldn't be fillable.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 14, 2007 4:11 pm

Heh, my explanation was terrible. What I mean is that instead of each pulse filling the bladder from 0% full to 100% full, they should have used a larger bladder and had the pulses go from 50% to 100%. In other words, it would bypass the dropoff when the bladder is nearly empty.

Of course, that would require more volume, create more weight, and require priming... :oo:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 14, 2007 5:13 pm

@Silence: Oh, that's what you meant! That's rather different. :goofy:
Would be neat if the Hydro Blitz could do that, but as you also noted, it'd be even more complex than it already is.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon May 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Wow, neat video! It's always neat to see blasters in action (especially ones I've never used :goofy: ). The performance looks decent, but really not as impressive over the Flash Flood given the size of the blaster. The pulse fire feature is very cool though, and I have to say that I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one.

Soak On
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!