HydroBlitz

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:26 pm

SilentGuy wrote:The pump tube is short, but it's wider, because of the leverage from the pump arm.

Definitely a complex gun...

Also, the pump looks like it pumps water on both strokes. It has valves/pipe coming off of both ends of the housing, and the lever would probably give it the force to work on both strokes.

EDIT: Modding potential? The top cps chamber and nozzle could be removed, possibly allowing room for a water cannon.

Edited By Scavenger on 1177183805

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Neat observation. Looking at the images of the PRV section, it looks like there are two pairs of check valves along with the PRV.

Good point about the mod potential, too.

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:58 pm

Please give the range (45 degrees and level) of the stream. I think an incredibly easy modification for this gun (not counting colossus which would work great for the 2 bladders, and removing that mesh) would be to carefully increase the size of the small nozzle. For example, if the noz is ~3x then taking it to somewhere in 5-8x would be great if possible because it would make a better power vs shot time of ~8sec per full charge. I think that more importanly than the ml/s may be an increase in the streams range that might come from this nozzle enlargement which would greatly effect the usefullness of this weapon in a water fight.

P.S. I've got the idea of greater distance from the info of nozzle size vs range for guns like the cps4100 (possibly a similar power weapon) and noting that usually the range of the stream extends as the ml/s increases. For the cps4100 for example, going from the smallest nozzle to the biggest nozzle (2.5x to 8.5x) increases the maximum range from ~33ft to ~36ft (10m to 11m).

Edited By nz veteran on 1177459517
The outcome of a water fight:
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%
:soakon2:

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:22 pm

Yup, just like the Flash Flood and all water guns, the range of the HydroBlitz would probably increase quite a bit with a 5X-10X nozzle. Medium nozzles *can* offer a slight increase in velocity, and wind resistance isn't as influential.

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:03 am

My brother, Silver Hawk, is going bonkers over this gun. I originally thought that I would like it, but it is BIG! I am probably going to get an Orca instead. Although I won't make any final decision until isoaker gets a hold of one and makes a review.

Comm. Gold Hawk
HydroHawks Command CenterNEW REPORT! APARTMENT MASSACRE!

"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Commander Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." (Be strong, brave the water.) -Motto Of the HydroHawks

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:05 am

Although I won't make any final decision until isoaker gets a hold of one and makes a review.

As flattered as I am, I don't recommend relying on my reviews as a determining factor. It'll be awhile before I'll be able to get a review up (I still haven't found one locally and I don't feel like paying $17 for shipping from Amazon). If your brother has one or gets one, you should try it out yourself, then decide whether you want one as well. You are still the best judge for your own needs.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:18 pm

WOW. I really like this gun. I am going to get one as soon as I start working again this summer. Thanks for posting marine!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm

I wish I had one, but I wouldn't use it as much as my new Arctic Blast. :cool:
ImageImage

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:47 pm

I like the complexity of this one. I just reserved it at our Target at Fairview OR(first shipment today). I'll remove the debris screen and might bore the standard nozzle one size to keep range. Anyone know what bite size that corresponds to? Thanks, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:52 pm

I'd start with a 3/16" or 1/8" drill bit at first. It's a lot easier to make larger holes than it is to fill with epoxy and redrill.

Consider adding a nozzle selector or doing a major mod with the internals to do so. Manufactured nozzles generally have good lamination. Of course, if the original nozzle has poor lamination, then you might as well go ahead.

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:15 pm

C'mon JLSM! You've got a Hydroblitz and been testing but you have failed to show its range statistics and it's ml/s output on the small nozzle (with or without bore). I'm very interested in buying this gun when it comes into my local Kmart (i'm in New Zealand) but i'm also interested in the Orca which is already out. I hav'nt bought a supersoaker in 8 years as I have just rediscovered the fun of water warfare so this is going to be cool finally getting my self a cps gun (even if old ones might blow it away). i've heard storys of nozzle modded flashfloods shoooting really far so I want to see if the Hydroblitz has this potential because if it doesn't and size doesn't matter, I'm getting an Orca.

Edited By nz veteran on 1178072562
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:05 pm

OK, have both the HB and AB(so the kids have two FFs). Yes their lamination is a bit better without the debris screen(what a shock...pun intended). isoaker will have nozzle pics here in a bit. The standard nozzle on the HB was sized to a 4x opening using a 3/32 to keep range, I don't know what its output actually is yet. The AB now has a 3x instead of a 1 using a 5/64. Notes on the AB I've noticed is that its flood nozzle is a size bigger with the PC seeming a size smaller(?!), its alittle more solid(the trigger definitely) and compact than the FF. The HB can be handled like most large rifles, support it by placing your hand underneath the CPS cover. The kick from the four bursts is decent, speed and kick increase without the screen. As soon as the kids get here in June, I'll have both shot and armory pics. That's the latest, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:59 am

Huh, it kinda seems like that Hasbro likes the stream and riot combo so thats all theyre gonna make now. I know the FF is a big hit, but 3 different sizes of FF (FF, AB, HB) is gettin kinda rediculous.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Tue May 01, 2007 9:53 am

Here's another note. I've only tested this thing out five times before yesterday. It seems that the PC may have gotten stretched out a bit: I'm now up to seven bursts. I always max it out. It stayed at five bursts for abit and then jumped. The stream also lasts longer. I hope this doesn't mean that on down the road the tube's going to burst. Later, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Tue May 01, 2007 9:50 pm

I'll simplify my qustion.

Can it reach or exceed 40ft?

If not standard then can it after a nozzle drill has been done?
(eg 3/32 (~4x), 7/64 (~5-6x), 1/8 (~7x) etc).

A 40ft+ range with decent output would be really cool as it would mean that finally a user of a modern super soaker would able to stand up to most of the older guns Image :cps2500: without being blitzed :soaked: which is something very rare indeed. :)

Edited By nz veteran on 1178183901
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sat May 05, 2007 11:24 am

^It was a bit windy yesterday but I managed to reach about 38-39ft. So 40ft+ would be reachable without wind. Otherwise you could do power/nozzle mods to increase range. Today I'll do some output testing, I'll try to be accurate.

@dragonclass: Did removing the screen on the HB increased the lamination enough to increase range a bit? Because the bursts are'nt effective at long range when stock. Look forward to any pics/info of your mods you can share.

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Sat May 05, 2007 5:07 pm

>40ft (when air is still) is pretty damn good Image
The water must have decent velocity to get that far and that means the reserviour has good pressure. Enlarging the small nozzle will might gain range because this gun has the power to push more water.
Removing the 2nd reseviour and driving the main nozzle from the bigger, more powerful reserviour could be a brilliant mod. Imagine switching between possibly >45ft range (nozzle mod of course) AND decent ml/s on a HASBRO toy If this worked great a modded hydroblitz could be a very usefull gun indeed. mint. :cool: Image :soaked:

Stuff the Orca! I'm getting a Hydroblitz and properly modding it.

PS mint is a saying I made up a couple of years ago and it has stuck with me ever since. If somethings very cool it's mint. It's pronounced miint (you just say the i part longer).

Edited By nz veteran on 1178405021
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 05, 2007 5:22 pm

40 feet is a middling range, not really that good. Sounds like the HydroBlitz is like all other modern CPS guns - it lacks the punch to power a much larger stream.

Most of Super Soaker's guns these days get in the thirties, maybe nearing forty feet. Buzz Bee surely approaches approaches 50 feet with some of their larger guns. That's what some of the older CPS guns got, but with larger streams, and the more powerful ones like the CPS 2000 passed 50.

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 05, 2007 5:24 pm

If this worked great a modded hydroblitz could possibly be one of the most powerful and feared weapons on ANY battle field.

Err...I wouldn't be too sure of that. Outclassing the Ridgewood Militia on the field of battle would require a 50ft shooter at the very minimum. 40ft shooters can easily hold their own, but not overwhelm. 40ft for a modded gun is also terrible. The best modded guns can hit or clear 60ft [my best 21K put its last drop on 65 and its puddle around 59-61].

As for feared, I've only seen one type of water gun that actually deserves to be feared - a water cannon that can put 100x-800x to over 60ft. Those are the most powerful things in water warfare, and I doubt that they will be passed.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Sat May 05, 2007 5:37 pm

I'm talking about non homemade. It's the versatillity that would make it so useful. Conserving water or blasting through it is simply controlled by switching between the two nozzles so i do think that would make this gun a versatile weapon (maybe feared is exaggerated) for challenging different types of gun users. Switching on the run would definetly have it's advantages over a nozzle twister or single type nozzle so i would'nt rule out it's effectiveness with an advanced user again'st even the better larami guns. And the cps2000 is a brilliant blaster no arguments there but it uses it's water very quickly and if you dodge it's blast (i've versed a cps2000 user a couple of times) it's open hunting season.

PS I removed that line. It was way over the top.
The orca has some serious ergonomic issues and the Blazer's not that great.

Edited By nz veteran on 1178405246
The gun; 20%
Skill; 30%
Aggression; 50%