CPS 1200 Marks

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm

Today/yesterday's mod work has confirmed the existence of three CPS 1200 marks, whereas it was previously thought that there were only two. The original colors do not indicate just one mark.

Mark 1: Original yellow and purple coloring, pump cap can be pried off without too much trouble. The nozzle cover has a lighter, glazed look to it in comparison to the mk2. This cover can not only be pried off in one piece, but also comes off rather easily and has a thin rim inside. There is virtually no trace of glue on the inside either. This is the original version and has a super strong HPL that can still deliver 13 pumps with 45 balloons of a moderate K-mod.

Mark 2: Original yellow and purple coloring, pump cap can be pried off without too much trouble. Nozzle cover cannot be pried off in one piece. In fact, I almost drove the screwdriver through my finger while trying to pry it off yesterday [it gave me a glancing blow instead, oww, but less oww then it could have been]. The inside of the nozzle cover is plain and has signs that lots of glue was used. The HPL of this version sucks, at 40 balloons, I could only get a single pump in [but it shot more than 45ft].

Mark 3: Silver and purple coloring. I don't know anything about this version other than that, but I'd assume it is like the mk2.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:39 pm

It seems like there's also two versions of the silver and purple 1200.

I noticed that the 1200 shown on How stuff works has a female ended PC, while mine has a male ended PC.

They cut the casing to open it instead of prying off the nozzle cover, so maybe it is glued like on the mk2. The nozzle cover on my 1200 seems to be pretty much like the mk1's. It was a bit difficult to remove but it was not glued. ( and I sanded the inside to make it easier to come off. I don't even need a flat head screwdriver to pry it off now)

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:49 pm

That's interesting. I wonder why they'd make another non-glued version after making a glued version? Your 1200 does sound like mine, the cover came right off after a bit of prying work. It now slides on and off without much effort. Do you have any idea what kind of high pressure limit your 1200 has? If the mk3 is like the mk1, it might also have a really high HPL.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 pm

Duxburian wrote:Do you have any idea what kind of high pressure limit your 1200 has? If the mk3 is like the mk1, it might also have a really high HPL.

I'm not sure of the exact limit, but it is currently k-modded with 25 ballons and the PRV takes the added pressure without problems. Even when the bladder hits the PC walls the pump gets rock hard and I can't push it further. So maybe it has a high HPL as you said.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:23 pm

If it can hit the walls with 25 balloons, the HPL is at least very good. The mk2 I have been modding still only gets about 3 pumps with 20 balloons. I never understood how people have reported that kind of performance until now. It really only gets 3 pumps! I didn't think that HPL could vary so much in the same model soaker. :goofy:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Possibly it's just my computer, however I cannot read nor see any sign of writing in JlSpaceMarine's posts. Are others experiencing this difficulty?

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:51 pm

Make sure you have not accidentally blocked him. Other than that, it is just a glitch with no known fix. That happens to be sometimes, especially in older topics.