light primary vs secondary

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

light primary vs secondary

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:06 pm

While reviewing stats on hydrowar recently I began to notice a trend within the "Light" primary class that I believe shows a need to be further separated into 2 classes, namely primary and secondary. As an Example I Give you the XP 110 and XP 70 which are both currently considered light primary s despite the fact that the 110 has 81% more power (range x output) behind it's shots. While not an insurmountable obstacle with proper use, it means that an XP70 would struggle far more against a medium primary's like the 1200 than it's counterpart. Another example would be the Charger and Python 2 with the Python 2 being far more useful in a prolonged engagement with a medium or even light primary despite roughly equal range, output and ROF.

Thoughts ?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: light primary vs secondary

Post by SEAL » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Well there already is a class below light primaries, for all the really weak stuff. I made a list here for classification purposes, but it's not perfect. I don't have experience with lots of different guns. I put the 70 in the same category as the 110 though. I've always found that light weapons are all rather competitive with one another until you get down to like SS 50 level. Though like anything, there are few blasters that dominate each class, and a whole lot of forgettable ones.

Sidenote: Am I the only one who thinks the Python 2 is overrated? It's got good ergonomics, but that's about it. The times I've used one I've always had trouble hitting anything. They mist out a lot. I'd rather take a Colossus 2 or Charger. Even an Equalizer/Outlaw would be preferred. They mist out too, but they're more powerful. But I'm just not a fan of big PR guns in general, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

jja

Re: light primary vs secondary

Post by jja » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm

I have no experience with any of the more potent XPs but a fair amount with C2 and P2 - I have always rated the C2 as better in most peoples hands. P2 is solid but I tend to agree with Seal.

the wide range of possible power (say from xp215 cps 2000) makes light medium and heavy seem relative concepts differing on the weapons one tends to encounter.

For the few games i get to play each year medium would be shotblast to colossus 2,
anything noticeably better is heavy (1000 gorgon ect)
and worse light (most NSS) or ultra light (if equal or worse than a point break)

as i do cannot attend community wars i can really offer much to aid you in defining your own levels - as mine are totally incompatible,