Hands-On 2006 Super Soakers - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:00 pm

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:12 pm

Lucky! :D The only gun I'm interested in, though, is the backpack- what type of connection does it have? Would it connect to my CPS 2000 with a simple adaptor?
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:20 pm

The connection appears to fit the new fast-fill caps. I'll post much more details once I get a chance to open and test things out. However, need to first finish work, go home, and take pictures.

:cool:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:24 pm

Ok! Just let me know. Hmmm... I wonder how easy it would be to find an adaptor that would fit the older CPS caps. I have no expirience with the quick-fill caps. Are they threaded like the Monster XL? The Monster XL, as you know, has a diferent cap type than, say, the CPS 2000.

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:30 pm

Such things can be tried in due time. While I'd love to test things right now, still at work and quite far from the rest of my armoury. :goofy:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:37 pm

I can sense you're working real hard right now. :D What did your boss think when he saw all those soakers?

"snap!"

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:40 pm

I have been waiting for this thread :cool: The Overload and Defender look intresting and I may buy one, but I do look forward to connecting that backpack to my 21k and giving it the extra capacity it has been missing. I can't wait for the review. :soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:44 pm

Hannibal wrote:I can sense you're working real hard right now. :D What did your boss think when he saw all those soakers?
hehe... well, he knows about me and iSoaker.com so it's not a surprising thing anymore. Sadly, due to work obligations, I won't be able to try out too much until later this weekend. However, once I do get home tonight, I'll try to answer a few of the general questions on the new soakers and perhaps post up another pic or so of them since the pic I've posted doesn't quite show all the items fully.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:51 pm

Can't wait for those pic's. I am also very anxious to see the defender and the backpack, this is by far the best line to come out since 2002 due to the level of customization. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:52 pm

Nice of them to let you buy the backpack seperately. I thought that it would only be available with the Overload so everyone would have to buy two soakers to get the extra capacity. Other than that, I have one complement: The Ooze refill can looks awesome.

Mind sharing where you found these? Are they on an online store that can be bought from? Any idea when they will hit stores?

Edit: What!? No soakertags??

Edited By m15399 on 1138316003

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:56 pm

The soakers were shipped to me. They are not available in stores in my area, but I cannot say for certain that they aren't available in a particular area. For me, usually soakers become available in late March/early April at the earliest (I'm in Toronto, Canada).

The Ooze can looks freaky to me! The fact that one needs to buy refills isn't a great thing, IMO. As well, I'm not sure what the heck the 'ooze' is made of. No ingredients... nada.

As for SoakerTags... nope.. not a single Tag seen so far, though perhaps once I open things up, there may be tags hidden inside. I don't know yet since I haven't fully explored the packaging.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:57 pm

^ They will hit the shelves in march most likley and I am actually glad they got rid of the soakertags. :cool:

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:57 pm

As soon as you open them, first impressions would be greatly appreciated!

...Is it just me, or are there two topics on this...

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:58 pm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:Can't wait for those pic's. I am also very anxious to see the defender and the backpack, this is by far the best line to come out since 2002 due to the level of customization. :cool:

Exactly! I'm actually excited about this year's line because of the backpack. While I don't plan on buying any of the soakers, (my small armory can easily overpower them) I am looking forward to the backpack because it means that much more capacity. And, from reports, the Aquapack Devastator had a comfortable backpack, which means it shouldn't inhibit my manuverability (did I spell that word right?) much.

On a side note, is the separate backpack really the same backpack as included with the overload? I looks slightly different. ???

Edited By Hannibal on 1138316422

"snap!"

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:03 pm

^ I hope they're the same, but it really doesn't matter as long as they hold the same amount. :cool: :soakon:

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1138316919

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:09 pm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:^ Yeah there are, Isoaker I recommend deleting this thread and only using the other one. :cool:
No idea why 2 threads were made, but now there's only one and I merged the replies.

As for the separatebackpack, it does appear to be smaller than the one with the Overload. Whether it is, I'll post about later tonight. If it is smaller, whether the larger backpack will also be sold separately remains to be seen. I'd assume so, but cannot say for certain.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:09 pm

I am VERY glad they got rid of the Soakertags. At least Hasbro got that right!

EDIT: I changed the subject of my post! :D To something more worthwhile!

Edited By Hannibal on 1138317120

"snap!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:10 pm

@ Hannibal: I just wiped the duplicate thread. It was an accidental duplicate. The other guys weren't referring to the '2006' thread.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:13 pm

The overload backpack has the thing to connect to the actual overload through the QFC so i'm sure I could just buy one and attach it to my 21k.

BTW: Good call on the forum changes isoaker, activity has greatly increased because of it. :cool:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:19 pm

isoaker_com wrote:@ Hannibal: I just wiped the duplicate thread. It was an accidental duplicate. The other guys weren't referring to the '2006' thread.

Ohhhh..., NOW I understand. (I just got it seconds ago.) :D Man, I'm slow.

"snap!"