Hands-On 2006 Super Soakers - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:37 pm

I am probably not going to buy a shiny Flash Flood. But, I am probably going to buy a orange Flash Flood this Summer. By the way is the CPS SplashZooka a good gun,I do know that it holds a decent amount of water though.

Edited By Soaker Master on 1140444002

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:54 pm

Soaker Master wrote:I am prbably not going to buy a shiny Flash Flood. But, I am probably going to buy a orange Flash Flood this Summer. Buy the way is the CPS SplashZooka a good gun,I do know that it holds a decent amount of water though.
The splashzooka is pretty effective- only if you do water fights in the neighborhood. 30 seconds of shot time isn't bad, IMO. But it is useless in the park or in the field.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:58 am

I ended up not buying the SplashZooka off of ebay, but I did bid alot of money on a CPS 2700 at the last 15 minutes and I won the auction. Anyways,this weekend I was walking through the toy section in a Wal-Mart that is in my area,and then I walked to an aisle where I saw alot of Summer things like blow up beachballs and tiny plastic pales and shovels used to dig into the sand and other things like that and with them I saw Max Infusion soakers. So I ended up buying the Max Infusion Overload and the Max Infusion Flash Flood. But, I did not see any Max Infusion Aqua Packs or any Ozzinators even when I went to another Wal-Mart I still did not see them. What puzzeles me is why Hasbro is not bringing out Aqua Packs isn't that like their "secret weapon". ???

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:52 am

I wonder who would buy a silver Flash Flood. It's so shiny I think that it could easily give off your location on the battlefield, especially with the sun reflecting off it.

I would buy this one over a neon orange/green flash flood because at least it turns dark in dark places.
AXE BOMB!!!

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:08 pm

I have already decided to buy a orange Flash Flood and I have a broken one currently that is green. But, I have not seen a red Flash Flood yet but I am still going to look for one just to see how cool they look in red.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Looks getting the 2006 in the UK is going to be a pain, as the main stores don't seem to stock them at all or just not at present. Argos the big store in the UK isn't even stocking the 2006 line, just crappy knock off blasters, shame on you Argos! Index shut down (dam!) Woolworths may stock them, but I don't know. And going to Toys'R'Not'Us, where they still seem to be stocking the 2004 crap, Hydroblades and Triple Agressors, they also had 2005 Artic Shocks and other Shield Blasters and knock offs. I think that Toys'R'Us seem to stock new Super Soakers later in the year, but knowing mine it won't be all of them, looks like I may be resorting to eBay for my Oozinator. I suppose it may be cheaper than paying £25 for it in stores (if they do come in), just need to find a good place to buy bio ooze. If I can't obtain the new soakers I want this year in the UK I'm complaining to Hasbro, and yes, I know the chances of me getting a reply are not very certain, but it seems that Hasbro may reply if you are encouraged and are looking forward to buying one of their soakers and not just complaining about them.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1140464995

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:08 pm

You will usually get an answer. It's getting them to actually do something about what you are talking about that is hard. :p

Ultor_Solis

Post by Ultor_Solis » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:36 am

The only Max Infusion soakers that my SuperWalmart had were the orange FF's and the Overload. All of the Overloads were gone, but the price tag said they wanted $30 for one. No sign of the Defenders. They of course had the usual: Helices, WW Blazers, etc. (I can't believe that there are enough people out there to make them think that selling Helices is a good idea!). For me, this was all disappointing.
:(

Edited By Ultor_Solis on 1140619048
~~~~Ultor_Solis

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:41 pm

I am very glad that Hasbro is not chargeing not more than 30$ for the Max Infusion Overload. I'm also glad that they are making the Max Infusion Defender's price low. I wonder if this is going to hurt the Vaporizers production life time. If people buy alot of Max Infusion Defenders they could destroy the Vaporizer which Hasbro has been making alot of money off.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:26 pm

You make it sound like the Vaporizer is a person. :p

The Vaporizer is basically a basic super soaker. It's for the kids who just want to shoot eachother (wow, who would have thought?). The Defender is probably just a replacement.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:37 am

dragonclass wrote:Here's an interesting FF recolor for Sharper Image:

Do they really make that?
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:28 pm

Wow,I just realized something. The backback that comes with the shiny Flash Flood is not a Max Infusion Aqua Pack that straps around the front and has one strap, but a Max Infusion Overload backpack that has been removed that holds 100 oz instead of the Max Infusion Aqua packs 50 oz. I guess that that is a good deal. :)

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:33 pm

Soaker Master wrote:Wow,I just realized something. The backback that comes with the shiny Flash Flood is not a Max Infusion Aqua Pack that straps around the front and has one strap, but a Max Infusion Overload backpack that has been removed that holds 100 oz instead of the Max Infusion Aqua packs 50 oz. I guess that that is a good deal. :)
Hey! You might be right. Good observation! :)

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:07 pm

Basically they're offering their new "big" blaster (overload) and their most popular blaster (flashflood) with 100oz backpacks. I see this as a good move on their part since the FF is better than the overload. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:23 pm

I don't think that Hasbro is making a profit that way. I think that it would be a lot cheaper if they just let them come with Max Infusion Aqua Packs. But, it gives us the advantage.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:52 am

Really it is a better deal to buy the overload and the orange flash flood because Shipping is $8.90 for the shiny flash flood
so you get an extra gun and the same gun with the same backpack for the same price if you buy at the store.
AXE BOMB!!!

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:04 pm

Good eyes with the pack...they kept calling it a 3 quart, I should have noticed. As to which is the better buy, the chrome one will end up being a collectable. Has anyone sent requests to Sharper Image about re-releaseses of older CPSs? The worst they can say is no.
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:08 pm

Hay guys lets start(not for real) bombarding hasbro and sharper image with e-mails about making a silver Monster XL with a 2-gallon backpack :goofy:.
AXE BOMB!!!

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:43 pm

If that did happen the Monster XL would not just be the biggest watergun,but the biggest watergun and the one with the most capcity(if that did happen). :)

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:15 pm

scorpion wrote:Hay guys lets start(not for real) bombarding hasbro and sharper image with e-mails about making a silver Monster XL with a 2-gallon backpack :goofy:.

Yeah, just make it have a BIT more power (and like 50 feet of range). :;):

But if so, then why not a silver CPS 2000? I'd buy one, my brothers would each buy one, I have two friends who would buy one as well.

If that did happen the Monster XL would not just be the biggest watergun,but the biggest watergun and the one with the most capcity(if that did happen).

Make it shoot 55 feet, with dual 20x nozzles, and it would be the most powerful and highest output as well. :goofy:

Edited By Hannibal on 1140833814

"snap!"