Hands-On 2006 Super Soakers - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:46 pm

Just for the record, the Blazer does way better the cps 1000 and 2100 do in battle due too shot time, nozzle selection, and ease of pumping. And you're going by output right? It's a flawed way of judging soakers. Other aspects are needed from soakers for different jobs, such as sidearms, soakers for light riflemen, soakers for biker scouts, and soakers for scouts and spies.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:57 pm

cooldood31 wrote:Just for the record, the Blazer does way better the cps 1000 and 2100 do in battle due too shot time, nozzle selection, and ease of pumping. And you're going by output right? It's a flawed way of judging soakers. Other aspects are needed from soakers for different jobs, such as sidearms, soakers for light riflemen, soakers for biker scouts, and soakers for scouts and spies.
I just said what you said. I'd prefer a Blazer to a 1000 anyday. I'm thinking of getting one this year. There wasn't any argument. ???
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:38 pm

Hannibal wrote:The backpack of the Overload is my only purchase this year, unless there is some gun that is re-released with no announcement. That aside, there are the BB guns! The Blazer is as good a a 1000, according to iSoaker's stats! :blazer:
There may be more rereleased cps 4100's this year like the past 2 years. But be warned if you buy one reinforce the trigger because they break very easily (happend to me twice).

:soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:41 pm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR wrote:
Hannibal wrote:The backpack of the Overload is my only purchase this year, unless there is some gun that is re-released with no announcement. That aside, there are the BB guns! The Blazer is as good a a 1000, according to iSoaker's stats! :blazer:

There may be more rereleased cps 4100's this year like the past 2 years. But be warned if you buy one reinforce the trigger because they break very easily (happend to me twice).

:soakon2:
Happened to me three times! :(

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:40 pm

isoaker_com wrote:The Ooze can looks freaky to me! The fact that one needs to buy refills isn't a great thing, IMO. As well, I'm not sure what the heck the 'ooze' is made of. No ingredients... nada.

As for the separatebackpack, it does appear to be smaller than the one with the Overload. Whether it is, I'll post about later tonight. If it is smaller, whether the larger backpack will also be sold separately remains to be seen. I'd assume so, but cannot say for certain.

The Ooze isn't required. You can shoot water from the Oozinator as well.

The separate backpack is different from the MI Overload pack (which is somewhat different from the Aquapack Devastator pack). The separate one is more of a smaller front-sling. It's pretty neat though.

Ultor_Solis

Post by Ultor_Solis » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:19 pm

Who's wants a fluorescent-orange Flash Flood? I suppose the only advantage over the STE is that it can hook up to the backpack.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't hope for too much. BTW why does everyone insist on comparing these soakers and others of late to the CPS 2000? If everyone had a 2000, then yeah your comparisons would make sense: why buy these when you have a 2000? This is of course not the case.
~~~~Ultor_Solis

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:40 am

I intend on buying a Flash Flood this season.I also think that orange does not look to bad and if somebody does not like orange they can always buy a red one.:) Just to let you know they come in other colors. :D :soakon2: :flashflood: :soaked:

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:24 pm

Ultor_Solis wrote:Who's wants a fluorescent-orange Flash Flood? I suppose the only advantage over the STE is that it can hook up to the backpack.

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't hope for too much. BTW why does everyone insist on comparing these soakers and others of late to the CPS 2000? If everyone had a 2000, then yeah your comparisons would make sense: why buy these when you have a 2000? This is of course not the case.
The 2000 is the ultimate in power from Super Soaker. They could have continued the climb in power, making guns that shoot 70+ feet, but instead they decreased the power for a period of 10 years. Why they did so, and so gradually puzzles me. We could have had guns like on ZOCCOZ's site, with the constant improvment, but instead we get decrease in power.

"snap!"

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:00 pm

It might be a decrease in power but Hasbro can not keep on making big guns all the time. How else would they make money? Sadly, they can not focus all there time on Super Soaker since they are such a big and competitive toy company. :(

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:57 pm

Soaker Master wrote:It might be a decrease in power but Hasbro can not keep on making big guns all the time. How else would they make money? Sadly, they can not focus all there time on Super Soaker since they are such a big and competitive toy company. :(
Hasbro can keep on making big guns, they just don't want to. The CPS cannons were profitable enough. They don't choose to focus on Suuper Soaker because it isn't their big thing. Larami I believe was able to focus on Super Soaker because they didn't have many (if any, I don't remember) brands to concentrate on.

P.S. Soaker Master could you eliminate your spam posts a bit? It is quite annoying seeing you post one-liners on every topic in the forums with little (if any) content in them.

"snap!"

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:19 pm

Why they did so, and so gradually puzzles me.

Money. The average soaker users are too young for their parents to let them have a CPS 2000. The soaker audience is younger than you keep getting at. Hasbro makes more money selling Soakertags than they would if they were making CPS 2000's.

P.S. Soaker Master could you eliminate your spam posts a bit?

He will probably be banned quite soon because he isn't 13, so he isn't a legal member of the board...

DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:11 pm

I noticed that. Some sort of action will be taken.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:47 pm

What! Ban me! Sorry it was misstype just do not ban me. I did'nt even know that this website had a age limit.

Edited By Soaker Master on 1139266067

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:51 pm

Soaker Master wrote:What! Ban me! Sorry it was misstype just do not ban me. I did'nt even know that this website had a age limit.
@ Soaker Master: Firstly,we wouldn't just ban you.
Secondly, the problem isn't related to typos or spelling, rather some of your posting habits.

There are times that adding in one-line statements is considered ok. However, one line posts done too often with little being added to threads gets on most members and admin/moderators nerves. Your initial tendency to post in many old posts, too, led to complaints.

Before you post, please try to consider whether what you're about to post is adding to the thread. You've made some good posts, but since you've also made so many one-line-little-content-posts, your good posts are buried in too many poor posts. I hope you understand.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:22 pm

Err... Actually It's one of the first things you see when you register, so unless you didn't even glance at the rules, you should have been aware of the age limit.

On topic: I just went to TRU to get a nerf gun, and what do you know! 2006 blasters! I saw:
MI Arctic Shock
MI FF
MI extra backpack thingy
Triple Agressor Rerelease
Stingers
Fireflies
Crickets
Xenons
Some other ones that were probably no name knockoffs, including a Krypton (probably bigger) sized one.

I probably saw some more BBT guns, but I couldn't remember them all and didn't have time to study them in depth.

I was slightly suprised that they didn't have the overload yet, considering that's their biggest blaster this year.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:36 pm

m15399 wrote:On topic: I just went to TRU to get a nerf gun, and what do you know! 2006 blasters! I saw:
MI Arctic Shock
MI FF
MI extra backpack thingy
Stingers
Fireflies
Crickets
Xenons
Some other ones that were probably no name knockoffs, including a Krypton (probably bigger) sized one.

I probably saw some more BBT guns, but I couldn't remember them all and didn't have time to study them in depth.

I was slightly suprised that they didn't have the overload yet, considering that's their biggest blaster this year.

Intresting, I haven't seen the new soakers yet but that's probably because I only checked k-mart (which usually has BBT guns). Wal-mart will have them by next month so I will start seeing them then. It doesn't really matter to me since I have no plan on buying anything new this year (exept maybe a pistol). Also, I think you guy's are a bit to picky about the rules. Soaker Master has done nothing wrong IMO, but it's your call.

:soakon:

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1139272651
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:46 pm

Signing up under age is definatly wrong.

Seeing as Amazon (aka toysrus.com) got the MI blasters pretty early, I figured they might be in TRU.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:26 pm

m15399 wrote:On topic: I just went to TRU to get a nerf gun, and what do you know! 2006 blasters! I saw:
Ah yes. Of all re-releases they picked "Captain Lamo soaker" this year. And why not, its the same price on average as the CPS4100 but less production costs and smaller shelf space.
Perhaps other companies should adapt that strategy, since I always wanted to see Barbies Vacation in the PS2 greatest hits section.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:18 pm

m15399 wrote:Err... Actually It's one of the first things you see when you register, so unless you didn't even glance at the rules, you should have been aware of the age limit.

On topic: I just went to TRU to get a nerf gun, and what do you know! 2006 blasters! I saw:
MI Arctic Shock
MI FF
MI extra backpack thingy
Stingers
Fireflies
Crickets
Xenons

No Blazers or Hydra Paks? Too bad. I hope my TRU has them. I'm gonna call them and ask as soon as I get a chance. :blazer:

"snap!"

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:54 pm

I think they havn't put everything out yet. There were a lot of other things on that shelf, and I'm betting they'll have the overload and maybe some other blasters.