The best gun from 04 to 07?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
zuloon

Post by zuloon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:06 pm

The reason I'm asking is because most "great" guns have terrible availability.

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:06 pm

Well, the Flash-Flood and the Orca/Blazer seem to be pretty good. I've had no experience with the Orca's/Blazer's, but my brother owns a Flash-Flood that suits him very well and he has become quite adept at wielding it.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:36 pm

The Max Infusion Flash Flood
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:23 pm

I vote towards the Flash Flood, however the Triple Shot would be good as a decent backup, and has decent output, I think. I do not own one, though. The Hydroblitz is certainly not a poor gun, but definitely is overrated.

the Hydra Pak is a great gun, I own that one.

The Armor Dillo also seems to be quite a cool gun, I don't own one however I certainly wish I did.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:03 am

Blorca [Blazer pc in Orca host integration], followed by STE Flash Flood, MI Flash Flood, normal Blazer, normal Orca, Tiger Shark, and then the rest, IMO. If you want a high power to size ratio, get a pistol [Defender, Triple Shot, whatever] and drill the nozzle to an optimal size, resulting in unnaturally long range for an otherwise weak gun.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:05 am

Personally while I like the Flash Flood and say that in that time period it was probably one of the best, it gets beaten by the Aquapack Devastator if you ask me. I really liked that gun, it had good power, large capacity, and was really comfortable. You could carry another gun along with it since the gun had a belt clip on it. The stream it gave really was pretty rioty to me and could hit pretty hard.

Other backpack blasters may outshadow it, but all around I thought it was a really good gun and better than guns like the Flash Flood, may not have had a riot blast, however its better power, stream and good solid all roundness made it a lot more battle practical to me.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:04 am

I agree definitely, Aqua_Flash, that the Aquapack Devastator was one of the best guns. It can be carried in conjunction with another gun, like the Flash Flood, making for a devastating *:-P* combination. Belt clip helpful, definitely, power not lacking for a modern gun. On an aside, I've been trying to figure out a way to attach belt clips to other guns, without much success.

zuloon

Post by zuloon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:52 am

I'd like to add that I bought the Max Infusion Overload, and it was absolutely TERRIBLE. WORST gun EVER.

But, I have the backpack at least.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:22 am

I regret to say that I do own that gun as well. It is completely underpowered, with terrible shot time and range, especially on the larger nozzles. Terrible gun, I would never buy it again or recommend it to be bought by anyone else. ...
With possible exceptions for my enemies, except I'm probably not even that cruel.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:24 am

I forgot about the Devastator. :goofy: My team used to have one, not a bad gun at all. I still prefer the FF over that for a weird reason - I've told this story before - Earlier in the summer, I was testing various guns in the team armory. Even though I'm not fond of post-2002 guns, I decided to shoot a Flash Flood just for kicks. The main nozzle felt weak so I reached for the riot blast. However, I pulled back on it too slowly and thought it might shoot with crappy power. Instead, to my complete and utter surprise, the whole gun kicked back and sent that blast to the farthest range I have ever seen of a newer soaker, clear over the flower pots and over the table on my patio. That's easily 55ft. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce that freak shot ever since. Spent hours refilling and shooting off riot blasts, never happened again. :oo:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

zuloon

Post by zuloon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:34 am

cobralex297 wrote:I regret to say that I do own that gun as well. It is completely underpowered, with terrible shot time and range, especially on the larger nozzles. Terrible gun, I would never buy it again or recommend it to be bought by anyone else. ...
With possible exceptions for my enemies, except I'm probably not even that cruel.
YES! I'm not the only one!

I read the reviews on amazon and they all said it was great. I thought maybe I'd done something wrong...

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:36 am

I'd like to try an Arctic Blast sometime simply because of the FF's horrible triggers. And DX, does the Blorca really work better than a Blazer? Or have you not tried a Blazer before and therefore didn't list it? Also, I believe the Triple Shot already has a large nozzle. (though it probably doesn't deliver optimal range, but I heard it wasn't that bad.)

From what I've tried, the FF seems to do it best and is more powerful than the BBT guns. (it just has design issues.) It'd be interesting if the FF's PC could be placed into a BBT gun though, saving the job of having to create all those nozzles. (and have to use an upper trigger to activate them)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

zuloon

Post by zuloon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:40 am

Has anyone tried this gun:

http://pix.auctiva.com/pix....gun.JPG

It's on ebay... all the time

$20 for 3

It LOOKS good, but that's only because it's a CPS knockoff.

AND there's a replica of the CPS 1500:

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/a0/ec/d10b_1_b.JPG

AND this one:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a3/1e/6327_1_b.JPG

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 am

The 2100 copy looks the most similar to the gun that it's copying, but I think that they're all pressurized-reservoir knock-offs, and I doubt that they'd be even comparable in performance to an Xp-20. I'd still be interested to know how they perform, but considering the other soakers on ebay, I much prefer to buy genuine Larami products.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:46 am

There is only one good knockoff, the Super Shooter 2000 that resembles the CPS 1000. That is the only type which performs well.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:47 am

Is performance comparable to an actual CPS gun?

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:50 am

Supposedly, yes. It is said to have an actual separate pc unlike other fakes.

zuloon

Post by zuloon » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:55 am

There's also this thing at amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Toysmit....&sr=8-5

And has anyone tried this?

http://www.amazon.com/Lanard-....sr=8-13

Edited By zuloon on 1185983778

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:04 am

The first gun is, I think, just another pressurized reservoir copy.

The latter are not bad I don't think, there's reviews for one or two X-Stream guns in the isoaker database.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:57 am

The fake 1000 with the green reservoir and PC's is very likely air pressure, and probably performs very poorly. (at least from what I've heard, and you can see the pressure gauge too, something that doesn't work for CPS's)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat