MXD Secret Strike Review - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Adrian

MXD Secret Strike Review - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Post by Adrian » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:54 pm

I've revised this from when I gave it to RAK to post on Watergunwars.com.

The Good:
I like the shape of this gun. It looks like something the Klingons might have used to blast Romulans. Or that the Romulans might've used to blast Klingons. I don't know. It looks nice though, and that can be attributed to the "weird" shape. The hand-guard, while it may be a problem for some people, gives you two ways of holding it. You can either hold it pistol-grip style in two places, which is great for controlling your aim, or you can hold it in a shortened rifle style. Nice to change things up every now and then. Also, the placement of the tank distributes it's weight very nicely. You could easily hold this thing, fully filled and pressurized, in one hand.

The capacity on this gun is pretty good. Unless you're going postal on another team over a long period of time, I don't think you'll run out for a while.

The Bad:
I bought this gun because everyone else bought one too. One of my very few "impulse purchases." Due to 20/20 hindsight, I realize it was a mistake. Online, I was sold on getting it because ranges with it had been reported in the fifties. It was touted as the CPS pistol we've all dreamed about. Well, I can pump this thing 60 times, and I still get ranges in the twenties and thirties. Either I got a dud or someone was exaggerating.

The fan blast is nothing great either. Unless you're within centimeters of your target, you're just going to waste water. It literally sprays mist. You'd be better off drilling this nozzle out. Maybe then you'd get some use from it. Oh yeah, and the water in the seperate p/c STAYS in the seperate p/c. It is incredibly hard to pump all the water out of this thing. I bet I've still got water in the backup tank from last year, and not because I didn't try to empty it.

The Ugly:
This gun isn't ugly. Maybe the hand-guard could be a little bigger for bigger kids and adults, but due to our experience with Hasbro in the past few years, I don't think they care much about the older market. The only think I dislike about the styling of the gun is all the extra doo-dads they put on it to flash it up. I prefer my guns bare-bones, function over form.

The Gun Cabinet:
This thing fairly screams Uzi to me. The semi-auto kind, that is. The Uzi fires the weak (for a rifle) 9mm pistol round, the way you hold an Uzi compares very well to the way you hold a Secret Strike, and they're both extremely overrated.

Overall:
It can be kind of nice to round out your collection with a gun like this. Its not a bad gun, and in a pinch, you can use it as a loaner, but don't go expecting miracles from it. It's just another air-pressure pistol.

Adrian

Edited By Adrian on 1102723032
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:17 pm

Oooh... two new (well, newly edited at any rate) reviews in a day! 'tis the season, I suppose. As with the XP310 review, I'll push this one up as well in the next day or so...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:43 pm

Review posted: see Max-D Secret Strike

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Super Soaker Max-D Secret Strike

Post by SEAL » Sun May 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Errr... I'm having a hard time thinking of something good to say about this blaster. It's got worse range then almost all the rest of the Max-D line, the fan blast is pretty much useless(Although it does get slightly better range then other fan blasts that I've tried.) and the grip, as with most of the MD line, is pretty uncomfortable. It's not that tight, but there's a black plastic tube thing on one side that gets in the way.

I can't really think of any uses for it. So that's a nay.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Super Soaker Max-D Secret Strike

Post by HBWW » Sun May 09, 2010 2:01 pm

While the only one I've tried was broken, the whole design is not very impressionable. Not only is the fan blast ineffective, the stream also seems to be fairly weak, though it may be a bit better than I'm thinking it is but I doubt its small nozzle would indicate that. Overall, I would definately not recommended this blaster.

However, I found the grip to be fair. It wasn't great but it's much better than most Max-D blasters because it has more room.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat