cps 1500

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Fatvod

Post by Fatvod » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:27 pm

I found a cps1500 in my grandparents basement. I have not taken it home yet but I plan on doing so. How much power does this thing have?? It looks huge and heavy and i like the fact that you can change the stream size. What mods can I do to this and how powerfull is it?

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:41 pm

Welcome to iSoaker! We hope you enjoy your stay at the best site on earth!

It is a well powered gun. It also has a great capacity, as most CPS's do. It is the same size as the HB (HydroBlitz).

P.S. : I gave you a five rating!

Edited By hydroblitz on 1184959342
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:33 pm

The power is exceptional. It is better than all modern guns, and many guns of it's time. If you consult the iSoaker Review, you'll see that it gets an overall rating of 100. This speaks very well for it, as isoaker can be a tough critic. The range is reported by isoaker as being 12 Meters, however mine shoots over 45', by much. It's a great gun, and you have a lucky find on your hands.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:45 am

This speaks very well for it, as isoaker can be a tough critic.

I *can* be a tough critic, but I tend to look at soakers more positively than most. :goofy:

The CPS1500 is still definitely one of my favourite water blasters ever made. It has a great balance of power and capacity, I love its styling, and swapping between streams is obvious and very simple. I have had one problem with one of my CPS1500s in that the pump gave up after a lot of use, but was able to repair it.

All that said, any CPS1500 is now almost 8-10 years old (released in 1998-1999). Older soakers simply are more likely to be suffering from problems due to the age of their parts. If you opt to use it, treat it with a little bit more care and respect than a new soakers just bought off the shelves.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Fatvod

Post by Fatvod » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:16 am

This one is practically mint condition. Propably been used twice. I was amazed by the condition it was in. The pump glides nice the nozzle size changer is smoother. I cant wait to test it out. And wow I didnt realize it was made in 1998. Thats pretty old for a super soaker lol.