Cool Setup in my Kid Brother's Room - Pump-Action Shotgun Water Guns

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:30 am

This is a setup my little bro (he's 11) set up in his room. Note the spraypainted black pump action shotgun water guns, next to the Swedish Military Surplus gas mask. It's mostly a joke, but i thought y'all might like it.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:56 am

Generally, causing Super Soakers to look like real weapons is a bad idea. Regular citizens will call the cops when they see them, and threatening people (say, intruders) will bring up the threat index without a suitable way to lower it.

The gasmask's cool, where'd it come from? I'm looking to purchase a bunch.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:36 am

I agree with you Adrian pretty much, i doubt he'll take them off his wall. They're mostly decorative. The Swedish Military Surplus gas masks that we bought were purchased at an Army Navy store, for some reason you can find Swedish, Russian, and Japanese gas masks very easily. I'm not sure about getting them online, however at the store they were definitely <$10 each, and most likely around $7, i think.

They had a huge basin of them... the box was like 5' wide, by 3', and about 3.5-4 deep, if i remember correctly, and filled to the brim with gas masks. Unfortunately we were on vacation and the store to which we went is not convenient in relation to where we currently live, otherwise i'd offer to pick some up and sell them to you.

If you try a few Army Navy stores though, i'm sure you'll have luck.

bb1

Post by bb1 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:38 pm

I would ward off an intruder with those any day!

Always leave it loaded with water, aim at forehead, squirt water in eye (ouch) and ballshot. Then run.

Those do look quite scary...

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:01 pm

How does the gun work?
Soak On!

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:25 pm

Push the pump out and the piston/chamber thingy fills with water. Pull back in, the water is squeezed out through the nozzle.

Piston action.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:46 pm

My local army/navy has gasmasks for $40-80 a pop. Probably higher quality, but I'm not anticipating a mustard gas attack just yet. Body armor and NVG are next up on the list. If I could find a decent gasmask for $10 though, I'd be on those like stink on fish.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:52 am

I'll take a look around and get back to you if i find anything. I'm positive they were ?$10, so if i can find it, it'll be good.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:02 pm

cobralex297 wrote:Push the pump out and the piston/chamber thingy fills with water. Pull back in, the water is squeezed out through the nozzle.

Piston action.
Oh, right.
Soak On!