NRG Blaster - Impromptu water gun?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
jobasha3000

Post by jobasha3000 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:28 pm

First of all, I'm new to these boards, so I may not be up on terminology and what - have - you. That isn't to say I don't use water guns (just got a hydroblitz :goofy: ).

Anyhow! Living in Boston, the season for water wars is never really long, but it's around again, and digging through my armory, I found an old (looking) gun labeled NRG paintball, I briefly remembered buying a few years ago. The thing used goop of some sort in a reservior in place of actual paint 'balls.' Of course I loaded it with water and went off with it, not knowing what it would do. The best description is a water shotgun, as it shoots a spray of water at an effective range of around 5 feet ( :( ), but at that range (especially point blank) it is literally painful, and is at a horrifically fast velocity, and I think one of my friends who got it point blank actually bled a little. Anyone else try this? There's no reason water shotguns don't exist, so I guess this works for me.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Congrats on your new HB!
Soak On!

jobasha3000

Post by jobasha3000 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:03 pm

Um, yeah, I guess you really like that gun! I'd go so far as to say you're spamming for it.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:13 pm

Welcome to the forums!

A paintball marker water shotgun...interesting. I'm thinking you could put a nozzle on the muzzle and then see dozens of feet of range. But still, check the velocity and how much it stings before fighting. :cool:

A PVC endcap nozzle would be fairly easy to add. 1/2" PVC has approximately a 12-gauge bore, the same as a paintball barrel (0.68", I think).

Edited By Silence on 1181157394

jobasha3000

Post by jobasha3000 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:51 pm

Well, I am going to mod it to some degree (namely the pitiful reservoir), but it's not a normal paintball gun, it's odd ....

here it is next to a MaxD4000 for scale
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums....445.jpg

and a comparison of the same, but on the nozzles
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums....447.jpg

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:31 am

That's pretty cool. HAHA awesome, actually, my friend has one of those and i think i'll look into... acquiring it from him, i'm sure he won't mind. I actually think we might have some of the goop as well.

Off topic, I'm looking for a MXD-4000 like the one in your picture, any chance you'd consider selling it to me?
It'd complete my collection of the Max-D line.