FlashFlood vs. Max Infusion Overload - Which one to choose?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Cuttlefish

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:58 am

I have the choice between the FlashFlood and the Max Infusion Overload. I already read the reviews and still don't know which one to choose. Both are almost the same priece at my store. Doesn't make the decision easier.

Anyone around who tried them both?

:bringit:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:50 am

If you don't get the Overload, you can still get the 100oz aquapack seperately. As for the Overload itself, I'm safely betting that it's a pile of crap that requires loads of pre-charging to get any good power, yet its dinky firing chamber doesn't do much good anyway. Flash Flood has much more power, and with the aquapack out of the way, has much more capacity. The Arctic Blast is similar, and both are fairly powerful guns, though the Arctic Blast may be less likely to break (though that has not been proven yet)

For reviews, most of iSoakers does fairly well, but you got to look at things yourself too, look at how they're powered (CPS, air, etc.), stuff like that. The Overload is along the same lines as the Arctic Shock (not to be confused with the Arctic Blast), both have tiny firing chambers and are extremely weak if you don't pre-charge or maintain pressure. Both guns aren't worth it either. Really, most soakers you can find today in stores aren't much good. HydroBlitz has bad handling, oversized, overpriced, and not that powerful for it's size. Arctic Blast/Flash Flood are the best guns you can find from the Soaker line, and even then, mods such as nozzle drilling on their small nozzles are strongly recommended.

Other than Soakers, you can find guns from the Water Warriors line. Guns like the Tiger Shark and Orca (as well as a few others) are generally liked better here. While they may not have the power the Flash Flood/Arctic Blast, they have much better capacity, and do well on their own without nozzle modifications. They also have good range for what you can find today.

So, what about those other guns? They're the CPS line made years ago, before the Super Soaker merged with Hasbro completely. These guns are the most powerful, highest capacity, and most battle practical weapons created in the market, and can only be found on eBay, from neighbors, etc. (they go up pretty bad on eBay sometimes, try to find cheaper auctions during the off-season)

Well, I gotta say I've been in pretty much the exact same situation here when I started getting into Soakers. I almost got the Overload and was fortunate to have gotten the Flash Flood instead.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:57 pm

I have both guns and i would suggest the :flashflood:
Soak On!

Cuttlefish

Post by Cuttlefish » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:16 pm

So the Max Infusion Overload is out of the game :bm2700:

The Water Warriors are damn hard to aquire here in Germany. Only the Tigershark is available at Amazon.

Now it's Tigershark vs. Flashflood.

How about the range of the Tigershark?
I love longrange weapons. :soakon2:

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Oh. Then I now suggest you get the TS.
Soak On!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:03 pm

For starters, getting an AB/FF and TS would be good, the AB/FF assists in short range (and long if you drill the small nozzle) and are more powerful than the TS. The TS however, still has good range without the drilling, and has better capacity than the FF/AB. I would recommend both, but if you can only get one, TS is probably better. (strap, design, capacity, etc.)

However, do consider the prices. If you find a FF/AB significantly cheaper than the TS or if the TS (total cost including shipping) is over $20, you might want to just get the AB/FF. However, the TS should be $15 in stores, while the AB/FF are usually $20.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1182110750
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

H2orpheus_07

Post by H2orpheus_07 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:07 am

I agree with C-A_99. The overload just sucked horribly, and the flash flood was much better. Problem was, it's very fragile. I suggest you go with the Tiger Shark. Better range and overall design. Plus, its loads cheaper.

Buzz Bee has been doing a better job than Hasbro lately.
Current Clan Sea Fox Armoury: WW Blazer(2005), 2x Liquidator's, 2x WW Black Widow's, 2x Vaporizer's, 2x SS 100's
2x XP 220's, Helix, Speed Shark V3 Mako Shark

Cuttlefish

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:51 am

I just ordered the last Tiger Shark from Amazon.de!
And 6 Flashflood from a local store. (They are are the same price here)
I infected some friends and were 9 ppl atm. Hope some more will join.
I really didn't expect so much positive feedback, when I mentioned the idea of a waterwar for the first time.
The problem we have here atm is to find an adequate location.

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:55 pm

Any more guns I get this year are going to be Water Warriors. I got the Orca from K-Mart for $20, and am very happy with it. :cool:
ImageImage

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:31 am

Even though it seems as though we're done with the crisis of the actual decision, having had both i'll say definitely people in general should go with the flash flood. This way, you'll always have the option of upgrading later to add on an aquapack, however you won't be constrained with such a tiny and poor blaster as the max infusion is. It's really just a bad gun. It gets decent range, but only with the smallest stream, which has shot time which is terrible considering its tiny size. The flash flood outperforms it no question, with far greater power in general. If you need the extra water, just get the aquapack.