Good water guns just to play with friends - is this the right place?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Venom55

Post by Venom55 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Anyone know any good affordable(under 40 dollars) water guns that are easy to find. I want a long range water gun and a pistol one

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:29 am

Look for a Water Warriors gun. If you can find a Water Warriors Blazer, get it. You may also want a Water Warriors Lightning, Pirahna, Orca, or Tigershark. All of these have good ranges.
As for pistols, there are lots.
The long range guns shouldn't cost you more than $20 (each), while the pistols vary from $5 to $15 (depends on the company).

Venom55

Post by Venom55 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:59 pm

Thanks are those water guns easy to find in toy stores like toys r us kb toys etc.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Venom55 wrote:Thanks are those water guns easy to find in toy stores like toys r us kb toys etc.
Yes they are. You can find almost all of the Water Warriors guns at KB Toys. The Toy's R Us near me has hardly any guns though. KB Toys is probably your best bet.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:26 pm

Get the HydroBlitz. It's one cent under 40 bucks. So get it. NOW.
Soak On!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 pm

That's the worst reason ever. You could get two Orcas, or a Tiger Shark, an Orca, and a pistol, for that price. :laugh:

The HydroBlitz is oversized and overpriced, in my opinion. It all depends on what you're looking for though. If you want some cheap, high-quality water guns, don't go for it. If you just want to make an impression, then it's great.

Edited By Silence on 1181532390

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:31 pm

Please add real support for buying a certain gun, especially when they are making a first request and don't know what is available. I personally get annoyed when people promote one gun endlessly on and on without solid justification for the unusually high level of attention that said gun receives.

While the Hydroblitz has decent range [40ft is only decent], it is impractical and very underpowered for its size. Guns half its size can get ranges over 20ft better.

Guns that outclass the Hydroblitz in at least one of the following: max range, max output, versatility, capacity:

SS 300
XP 150
CPS 1200
CPS 1500
CPS 1700
CPS 2000
CPS 2500
CPS 2700
CPS 3000
CPS 3200
CPS 4100
SC Power Pak
SC Big Trouble
Monster 01
Monster X
Monster XL
WW Tiger Shark
WW Orca
etc.

CPS 10K
CPS 12K
CPS 15K
CPS 17K
CPS 21K
CPS 27K
CPS 1-3-5K

CPS 2000c
CPS 2500c
CPS 3000c
CPS 3200c
CPS 4100c
Flash Floodc
AquaPackc
Arctic Blastc
etc.

CPS 1100 [1021]
CPS 1521
CPS 1512
CPS 1512
CPS 1210
CPS 1012
CPS 2721
etc.

CPS 10.12K
CPS 12.10K
CPS 15.21K
CPS 17.21K
CPS 15.10K
CPS 15.12K
etc.

Standard single chamber APH
Standard double chamber APH
etc.
APR 3000
APR 4000
Standard CPH
N-Rev Challenger
SuperCap
etc.

When you factor in fighting styles, even guns such as the XP 310 may outclass the Hydroblitz for some stat or another, especially versatility, mobility, fast-action usefulness, ergonomics, etc.

Yes, I included modded guns and homemades, and no, that isn't unfair. They'd all edge a modded Hydroblitz in the above factors hands down.

Edited By Duxburian on 1181532806
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

bb1

Post by bb1 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:32 pm

Go right, get an Orca (or Tigershark if you are small boned) and for a pistol, get an XP-70 (I love my XP70 *hugs*). You can find those in probably...anywhere you look!

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:08 pm

Silence wrote:That's the worst reason ever. You could get two Orcas, or a Tiger Shark, an Orca, and a pistol, for that price. :laugh:

The HydroBlitz is oversized and overpriced, in my opinion. It all depends on what you're looking for though. If you want some cheap, high-quality water guns, don't go for it. If you just want to make an impression, then it's great.
Your face is the worst reason ever.
Soak On!

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Normally, I'd lock this topic now, but that would be unfair to Venom55, for there is still plenty of potential for good advice in regard to his original question.

@hydroblitz: Be very careful where you tread. There is a line in the sand, and that comment dances very close to it.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:58 am

I'll give you a different alternative that you might like, however you don't have to follow it, I'm just throwing my recommendation to help.

Instead of the awkward to use underpowered HydroBlitz or a Water Warriors gun like the Tiger Shark, Orca .etc, you could get an Arctic Blast (should be easily available) or if you can find them a Flash Flood (probably a fair few floating around still) for around $20, if you find a Flash Flood make sure it is the orange Max Infusion version. The buy a Max Infusion 100oz backpack (released this year) for around $8-10 so you can attach it to your Arctic Blast or Flash Flood for lots of extra comfy supply without weighing you down a lot. Also be sure that if you do this to drill the Arctic Blast or Flash Flood's main nozzle bigger (see my site it shows you what you can do, even though its simple anyway). Also you might want to take the mesh screen out of the gun (again no matter what one you get) for a more focused large blast which actually shoots pretty far.

Then for pistols well with around $10 left you could find a fairly good one for that, however there's a fair few out there and I'm not really an expert on pistols since I'm not a pistol fan, so I'm afraid I can't help best there, however Max D 2000's and 3000's are fairly good and quite available apparently as well as being cheap.

The Arctic Blast or Flash Flood might not be your fancy at a main gun, however Flash Flood's are so much fun and are pretty good to use if you ask me, and since the Arctic Blast is pretty much the same principle then it'll be just as good. With a 100oz Aqua Pack attached you can go for ages while still being light combined with good CPS power and range. Might not be as flexible as a Water Warriors Tiger Shark, Orca.etc, however I prefer guns like these over Water Warriors as I've had a bad past experience with Water Warriors guns, I was really unlucky as most of mine leaked or their trigger valves wore out very quickly, and no I didn't treat them like crap, so my opinion on them unless they improve is rather negative at the moment unless they improve.

So to sum up:

Arctic Blast/Flash Flood - ~$20
Max Infusion Aqua Pack 100oz - ~$8-10
Pistol - ~$5-10

There, comes up to a nice overall price and you have quite a bit. Wow, I must be like the only person here who doesn't recommend or like Water Warriors guns very much.

Hope this helps.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:46 pm

Duxburian wrote:Normally, I'd lock this topic now, but that would be unfair to Venom55, for there is still plenty of potential for good advice in regard to his original question.

@hydroblitz: Be very careful where you tread. There is a line in the sand, and that comment dances very close to it.
I am sorry, Duxburian. That won't happen again.
Soak On!

Venom55

Post by Venom55 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:18 pm

Thanks i got a orca im gonna buy 2 pistols tomorrow. Is there anything I should carry with me besides my gun and water bottles? I was thinking of getting binoculars and a lazer thingy

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:35 pm

For pistols, Target has Max-D 3k twin packs for $10, I got a pair myself. Personally, I don't like how low their capacity is, nor their grip, but if you can't get a larger pistol to fit on, the smaller MD's should do. (especially since they're pretty cheap too)

Be careful with certain kinds of generally non water proof equiptment. Assuming I'm using a belt and/or backpack with easy access pockets, I'd carry the bottles, pistol, and balloons. If there's room, maybe a small water tank that feeds into another gun and/or small WBL. (except I don't have a small WBL, just a Douchenator based one)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:45 pm

To be honest, the Water Warriors guns I bought were kinda underpowered, but hey I only have two, so if everyone is in support of getting a WW then they are probably right.
I would reccomend the Flash Flood. It has nice range on it's smaller nozzle for regular battling and a big nozzle for when you wanna get downright dirty. It's never let me down in combat. I am also liking the Ice Blast or whatever so far it did well in the three battles I've had since purchasing it.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:03 am

WW water guns really are underpowered. They have tiny internal tubing that only allows good range on the smaller nozzles. With larger nozzles, flow is restricted by the internals anyway, so there's no range or kick at all. Definitely not like the Flash Flood, which has enough flow to allow for larger main nozzles and range.

Max-D pistols are have good range and output for their size, but their trigger systems are just so weak. I wouldn't bother with them, as they would require repair shortly. Once again, WW water guns would be more reliable and would have good range, but with less output.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:54 am

IMO, it's a good idea to have at least 2 or 3 FF's/AB's. (assuming those are the most powerful CPS guns you can get) They can probably outrange a WW if with the proper nozzle modifications. However, WW guns offer nice capacity and PC sizes, but I feel they're a bit on the bulkier side, at least compared to most CPS's. (i.e. CPS 2100's are lighter than Orca's when empty)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Venom55

Post by Venom55 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:49 pm

for pistols i got 2 max D 2000 they are pretty good i would have got the ones you guys told me to get but i couldnt find them. I really dont like the orca since the cap is on the bottom and water spills out. My friend has a tiger shark and he is just owning everyone