What Are Your Battles Like?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
jja

What Are Your Battles Like?

Post by jja » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:51 am

I was wondering what the other WWn members battles were like. particularly in terms of the variety of blaster used. Please could you answer as many of the the following as possible. (based on your opinion not the general consensus of the people you play with). Discussion of other peoples answers is highly encouraged! fell fee to ask some other similar questions also.

what is the most effective blaster used in your games?

what is the least effective blaster used in your games?

which blaster represents the average for blasters in your games? (does not have to be a blaster that is actually used/owned by your group)

what is the weakest blaster that is still competitive against the best?

what are the two most common blasters used in your games?

After a few people post their answers i shall post mine.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: What Are Your Battles Like?

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:09 am

Interestingly, I don't think WWN has ever had this kind of survey. Admittedly most of my blasters don't work and haven't in years even if they did it wouldn't change much as the only place I battle is one where I am not allowed to bring my blasters. Anyways here goes

Python 2,
Squirt guns (ridiculous I know but hey they only get use when someone runs dry)
which blaster represents the average for blasters in your games? (does not have to be a blaster that is actually used/owned by your group)
If I had to guess the WW Cricket
if I had to guess I would say the WW Goblin
Goblin and Python 2

Admittedly modern arsenlly, sadly I can't get then to move from Soakfests on open ground to tactical game-play in the woods behind my friends house, even thought it would be to their advantage as I am decidedly quicker.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:24 am

Q: what is the most effective blaster used in your games?
Depends on the gametype and length of round.
OHK, shorter OHS, HTL: CPS 2000
longer OHS, CTF: CPS 2500, 1500, 2700, 2000, SS 300
Medium primaries only: 1200, 1000, 1021, Gorgon, Vindicator
Light primaries only: XP 150

Q: what is the least effective blaster used in your games?
Scott's Helix! The WW Goblin or Max D 3000 when used as flags.

Q: which blaster represents the average for blasters in your games? (does not have to be a blaster that is actually used/owned by your group)
Probably the CPS 2500, 1200, and XP 150 at their size class levels.

Q: what is the weakest blaster that is still competitive against the best?
WW Outlaw or Python 2.

Q: what are the two most common blasters used in your games?
CPS 1000 and 1200. 2000s and 150s are also fielded often, but have more specialized strengths. 1000s and 1200s are so versatile, reliable, and affordable that we lean on them heavily.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:45 am

CPS 2000

Electrostorm

For community wars, what Duxburian said. For my wars, it's hard to say. Probably either 1200, 270, or Vanquisher. I actually haven't had a battle in a long time.

XP 150

Most common that I use? In community wars, 2000 and 1200; in my games, maybe 1200 and 6000. At any rate, either of those would be my pick for a casual battle with friends or whatever. It would be fun to go all beastmode on 'em with a 2000 or 1500, but they wouldn't like it, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:16 pm

Local

CPS 2000, 2500, 1000, 1200, 2100

Monster XL lol

CPS 1000/1200/2100

Depends on the players. Largest disparity I remember was an XP 270 owning a CPS 1200 via ambush.

CPS 1200, Max-D 6000

Community

CPS 2000 when supported by other mid-high performance CPS class blasters or perhaps major air pressure blasters. (XP 150, SS 300)

Water balloon filler? lol, idk.

CPS 1000/1200, XP 150

XP 150

XP 150 lol, and CPS 1000 I think?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

jja

Post by jja » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm

CPS 1000

XP 215 (usually duel wielded)

Water Warriors Shark

Shotblast

4x Point break 3x Shotblast

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:30 am

Are you playing soakfest or hit based games?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

jja

Post by jja » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:12 pm

I play with a church youth group, I am one of their leaders. I am usually in charge of devising games and activities for the group, water warfare is a great option for our summer camps.

my group play mostly hit based games, usually capture the flag where one hit kills with unlimited re-spawns, also regular OHKs and various other objective games with unlimited re-spawns. most players dislike waiting around after dying and may go do something else if the the round drags on hence the unlimited re-spawn games. also rounds tend to be short which allows for frequent team changes. This encourages players to work with people they may not naturally choose to be on a team with. (i like to consider team building with the group as much as fun game-play)

we do sometimes play soak-fests, but most players (especially myself) find those less satisfying as there is no clear winner. Also quite a few of my players hate being completely soaked and tactical games tend to reduce how much and how quickly players get soaked.

i am thinking of try a siege type game next time we play. players would be split into four teams (maybe three). one team would try and defend an objective like a flag/capture zone for as long as possible against all other teams working together. then teams rotate. team with best defending time wins

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Our WWN league has a game very similar to what you described called "Hold the Line" usually played on a wooded hillside. although we have been known to use playgrounds on occasion.

Basically we tend to use OHS with three lives for the defenders and unlimited lives for attackers and play till all the defenders are dead before swapping. Typically our games are between two teams however it could work with three or more teams each taking a turn on defense.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:38 pm

OHS in our (WWn League) games works as infinite lives usually run on a time limit (not a score limit, since we can go 0-0 for hours on end depending on the mix of player skills and the playing area; large areas result in very few hits or none at all). Respawn rules are basically near a teammate and away from action/opponents, which means at least 3 times or so the maximum range of the average blaster used.

HTL works at any defensible position, but it's been replaced by 1-flag CTF in our games. By constraining the spawn points and a single objective, we're able to incentivize the need to stay within certain borders (especially with the defenders keeping track of the flag), as opposed to setting hard rules on where any team may go. This means that defenders running out of water can technically leave the playing area to refill, since there's no rule on forcing anyone to spawn. OHS may require spawning when it's possible to do so without getting hit again immediately, I'm not sure.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare