Speed Shark V3 Mako Shark - Water machinegun!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Evangel

Speed Shark V3 Mako Shark - Water machinegun!

Post by Evangel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:26 pm

I was at Wal-Mart today and found something quite interesting: a battery-powered water "machinegun." I remember reading about battery-powered guns from long ago, but never actually got to try them out. This is the Speed Shark V3 Mako Shark, made by a company called Cepia. 3.5-volt motorized firing allows for a continuous stream.

Box-stats
Capacity: 16oz
Range: 25ft
Cost: ~$10

From looking at the box, they're compact and super-light, and since no pumping is required, you can use them in one-handed allowing for dual-wieldability. 16-ounce capacity is about the size of a large pistol, so you'd have to dual-wield just to have anywhere close to todays standard guns. Nozzle size is also about standard for a pistol.

However, this seems to be able to keep firing for a very long time, not consuming a whole lot of ammo. I held the trigger for maybe about a full minute and consumed maybe 1/4-1/3 of a tank. Speaking of which, the resevoir is translucent so you can easily tell how much ammo is left. As for range, box says 25 feet which I suppose isn't too bad for a gun this size.

Overall, probably not a weapon you'd want to use as primary, but as a sidearm it can far surpass ordinary handguns if you can afford it at $10 a pop. (I bought two, lol) Unfortunately, I don't own a digital camera so I can't take any pics, but it's tiny, it's white, and it's got a shark's head on the front of the resevoir. =P

Edited By Evangel on 1177883358

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:36 pm

Nice. Sounds like you got the gun in the end. How would it stand up to one of the better water guns that are pistol sized?

Yeah, the main problems with these guns were batteries and range. 25 feet isn't much, and it might not even shoot that far. The Scorpion and Tarantula are much more progressive, using larger, more powerful batteries for greater range. They're also a bit bigger.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:03 pm

Sounds neat. Wonder if manufacturers are trying to bring back more motorized water blasters to the market like there were back in the 1980s. Think you can get access to a digicam?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:25 pm

The only person I know who has one is my sister, and we hardly ever see her. Maybe next week I can just buy a cheap one. I wanted to buy one with my new computer, but my mom wouldn't let me. ><;

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:07 pm

Meh, anything that doesn't store pressure/have a decent pump size is virtually useless in mostly any war. There's no reason one can't dual wield any old gun either. (except for weight but that's about it)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:31 pm

Hmm, sounds interesting, but I agree with C-A_99 on it. If it had more range I would be more impressed, but I don't think I'll get one.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:56 pm

My brother's got one, it's pretty lousy. We went out to duel one day and he started the thing up and I countershot with my Storm 500 and overwhelmed the stream and sent it back at him. I LOVE my Storm 500's! :love: :love: :love:
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

Nate

Post by Nate » Thu May 03, 2007 5:18 pm

I was wondering how it was . I saw it at Walmart and thought it looked cool, but I'll remember not to get it. I was kind of wondering about the shooting range
Come on, go get soaked. You need your daily dosage

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Thu May 03, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm goin with 10 feet stream continuity, 15 feet spray. I cant even get it from one side of my deck to the other.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Fri May 11, 2007 7:52 am

Hm... Funny how I never even heard of tarantula or scorpion. Didn't know they were machineguns. Either way, I haven't seen either of those in any store I've been to, so I guess this was an alternative. Still gotta find a tarantula, dunno how I'm gonna do that though cuz I still gotta get a MXL and CPS2500.

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Fri May 11, 2007 9:30 am

You should be able to find Tarantulas or Scorpions in K-Mart; my store has them over here.
I LOVE my Storm 500's! :love: :love: :love:

So do I! I loove them, too! :goofy:
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Fri May 11, 2007 10:25 am

Oddly enough we're completely devoid of K-Marts where I live... >>;;

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Fri May 25, 2007 11:28 am

Hmm, maybe people can purchase stuff for you from K-Marts, granted that you give them the required fees. :goofy:
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Fri May 25, 2007 11:35 am

Nevermind, I found them at Toys R' Us.

Loumeyer

Post by Loumeyer » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:03 pm

Yeah, I saw these ones at Wal-Mart. Didn't think they were worth it, though.
ImageImage

H2orpheus_07

Post by H2orpheus_07 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:33 am

Guys, this gun is a pretty easily modable. I've got one, and I widened the nozzle. I've opened it, and the mechanism isnt really that complicated. Today I'm purchasing a very powerful motor to replace the old one.

I'm not sure whats going to happen, but it will probably increase range.
Current Clan Sea Fox Armoury: WW Blazer(2005), 2x Liquidator's, 2x WW Black Widow's, 2x Vaporizer's, 2x SS 100's
2x XP 220's, Helix, Speed Shark V3 Mako Shark