Super soaker production

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Dinosaur

Super soaker production

Post by Dinosaur » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:48 pm

As people are always saying what's rare, or how something is more rare than others, or produced in limited quantities , I think I've been asking a few too many questions on this but I'll keep going until someone says something :D . Does anyone here know how many super soakers were produced? I don't mean in general, I mean like, how many 2500's, or how many of a certain version (e.g 2000 MK1). I'm just a little curious and when people compare stuff based on rarity, I like to find the numbers out to truly see the difference.
"They'll never soak me from this dist...."
-Everyone upon seeing the 2000

isoaker

Re: Super soaker production

Post by isoaker » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:51 pm

As you haven't been asking duplicate questions, keep on going! :goofy:

As for actual quantities produced so various models, that's something only those directly involved in overseeing manufacturing have and not typically noted publicly since that could have detrimental effects on pricing and demand.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:59 am

Oh right, thats understandable. I was just wondering when people said that something was rare, and I just wanted to know how rare exactly (say they made 500 xp 300's an 50 000xp 215's, it would be a nice graph to make, a bit like the summer and winter price graph)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Rarity in our community is based somewhat subjectively on the number of a given model our members can find on retail shelves or in online auctions, yard sales, etc. In terms of hard numbers, any water blaster put into retail production likely had at least 10000 units made (that number is a general rule of thumb for calculating the number of items one would need to sell to regain the raw cost of production and just break even, not accounting for other variables such as time and effort). Of course, just because 10000 units were produced, that also does not mean that all 10000 made it to retail - if an item performed poorly and little retail coverage, an item may have been sold, but then abandoned by retailers, making the number of products actually available for the public to buy much less.

At present, any attempt at making such a graph based on our limited view and ability to samples numbers of items on the shelves would likely not be particularly accurate and more likely misleading. The best number to get would be sales figures of the major and secondary retailers, but few have access to those numbers at any one store and forget about getting those numbers across multiple retailers.

Would be nice to have, just not realistically possible to get. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:01 am

It would wouldn't it? Even just a "Ricter scale" of water gun rarity would do then. As the numbers cant be found, then a generalized scale would do, like this one

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Like what one? I don't see a link or any data or something. This is actually something I included in reviews during a prototype version of the wordpress Hydrowar. If you really want that I'll talk to some people on the board and put together something and update the reviews.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.