Fuze Cyclone bike mounted water blaster

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Fuze Cyclone bike mounted water blaster

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:32 pm

I saw this today in a yahoo article, it is battery powered so it probably isn't much better then those junky NSS guns, but it is still a cool idea. Apparently it mounts to your bikes handlebars and can rotate left or right for drive-bys. It says it goes 25ft (which is pathetic) but I have yet to find any videos of it other the the commercials to verify its range or judge its actual output since I am sure the commercial exaggerates it a lot. It is a cool idea, but it probably doesn't work very well (just the wind from riding would probably break up the stream). Makes me want to build my own now, maybe something with a 5x output and water tank that mounts to the back of the bike.

Link to the product:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fuze-Cyclone- ... y/35285300
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

isoaker

Re: Fuze Cyclone bike mounted water blaster

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 pm

I've never considered mixing bicycles and water blasters as a good idea despite how much I think it'd be cool to shoot streams while cycling. I suppose shooting not-directly-forward would be ok for strafing runs, but I always fear about slippery surfaces or, worse, the cyclist losing control and ramming the other player with their bike.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:04 pm

The trouble with firing a blaster from a bike at speed is the very strong chance of outrunning a shot and shooting yourself with a gun that wasn't even pointed at you. Also a bike is hard to handle off-roading before you have the problem of dealing with people shooting at and around you, and good luck dodging.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Jawley

Post by Jawley » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:48 pm

I feel like longboards are much better for transport in water fights with roads. I ride longboards and they are a lot more maneuverable compared to bikes. You can also do something called "carving" where if you have a board based on turning (There's a lot of parts in a skateboard, more than you think) you can move in a "S" motion very rapidly which shaves off speed but will make you harder to hit. Also, even though most people think that skateboards and longboards are a lot slower compared to bikes on a paved road longboards can go just as fast and sometimes even faster downhill (Unless you have pasty chicken legs). Also, there's the fact that on a longboard both hands are always free and the rider can shoot in any direction. The only downsides to using longboards are that they can't really go on dirt or grass unless the hill is steep and that not that many people interested in water guns have longboards. Lastly, there's the fact that you have to lean how to skateboard first.

Oh, and long boarders are smaller targets.

P.S. if you don't know what a longboard is it's basically a longer skateboard that has bigger, softer wheels that go faster on rougher terrain and has wider trucks (the hangar-shaped thingies that allow the board to turn) that turn more and are more stable when going downhill than normal skateboard trucks.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Because duct-taping a pair of Splashzookas to the handlebars would be way too much better.

I agree with iSoaker on the use of bikes in water wars. Most fields we play in wouldn't work at all with a bike, although they might be useful for transportation if the game rules make it so. Aside from that, there's the dodging problem, obviously.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:21 pm

I wasn't thinking for using something like this in an actual water war (how stupid do you think I am, it wouldn't even work in an urban war), but if it had enough power it would be a cool thing to ambush some friends on the sidewalk with. I mainly posted it for the database, it may not be that useful, but it deserves more attention then those junky NSS guns IMO. I'm really hoping someone post a video of it, it is a gimmick sure, but so are USB controlled Nerf guns and lots of people buy those.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:32 am

I don't see how it differs from NSS lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:43 am

Meh. For drive-by soaking, I'd rather do it at night in a lowered '64 Impala 'vert (riding on 30" rims) with like 10 people squeezed in, all with CPS blasters. Roll up, unload, then gun it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:25 pm

My MotoSquirter goes *neeneeneeneeneeneeneeneenee

Seriously though, 25 ft. Not really any different than NSS.

I'd still rather go through the trouble of figuring out how to rig a pair of splashzookas and power them up. But for bikes, it's never worth the trouble.

Or what SEAL said, minus the 10 people part since I'm not quite into that.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare