Pegboards

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Pegboards

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Unlike in the retail world, shelf space is actually a legitimate, serious issue I have when storing water blasters. Blasters are invading the floor in my room, and I need to move them elsewhere for easier cleaning, access, and maintenance.

From what I can tell, they are not only great for showing off the collection, but they also use space efficiently while leaving everything very easy to access. There's a reason that they're used for holding kitchen accessories, tools, and firearms, and they'll make for great blaster storage in my home. =p

Has anyone else used pegboards before? I know they wouldn't quite work for DX's armory unless every wall of his basement was covered in pegboard and plastic, but for my midsized blaster collection, they would be ideal.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Pegboards

Post by marauder » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:41 pm

I want to do this one day in a garage. Here's a cool pic.

I have one of a Storm gun somewhere.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:14 pm

I actually think that pegboards are very inefficient. Lol, what I am doing now is putting smaller parts, accessories, pistols, and anything small in boxes on shelves, with everything else being tetris-style interlocked in stacks on the remaining shelves as best as possible. The boxes work pretty well since now I don't have to worry so much about plastic avalanches. Pegboards are great for showing off your best stuff, but if it's your whole collection, it isn't a collection, haha.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:27 am

Pegboards are great for displaying things and for quick-access, but are, as Duxburian notes, very inefficient. Pegged blasters are also much more exposed to bugs, dust, etc. Makes sense for frequently-used blasters, but not for long-term storage.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:21 am

Agreed, pegboards are cool, but if I put my collection on the wall in my garage... it would probably take up the entire wall and then some. Said wall is 8x30 feet.

Now onto a practical storage solution for guns, having a series of shelves with properly sized bins is highly desirable. Not sure on the exact measurements, but I would figure on needing a bin or two that is ~3 feet long for CPS 2000/2500/MX length guns, a dozen ~2 ft long bins for CPS 1000, 1500, Monster sized guns, as well as some odd sized bins to hold Gorgons, Blazers, Tiger Sharks, etc... and then some squarish bins for odd guns like Hydra Paks, Flash Flood, Arctic Blasters, etc. Let me tell you, some WW guns do not fit neatly into most boxes. It's like a puzzle with no solution but to have lots of wasted space. :P
For my lazer tag arsenal, I would want a 2 foot tall box that I could stand my TMB's in, and a couple of modified boxes for holding LTX's, along with several custom boxes for holding a Deluxe set. I no longer have any idea how many Deluxe I have, and I would need a bin just for spares.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.