CPS1200 KIA need new soaker, Advice? - some ideas on a new soaker to get

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:57 pm

ok so last summer i went to my freinds yearly 4th of july/soakathon party. He has a pool and we all use that as a near limitless supply of ammo. So my staple gun the cps1200 broke down and just stopped working. It served well alongside my freind's cps2000. he would give me active cannon fire while i acted as an infantry man.

MOVING ON>>>>>

so now i need to get a new soaker something alot like my old cps1200. i don't like using e bay or modding guns either. (the last gun i drill modded my liquidator ended up coming out like a shotgun but only has like 6 shots it is a killer surprise.)
so usual guns at this party range from the cps2000 to the basic squirt gun anyone able to help me out on a new gun?
x

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:05 pm

hydroblitz
Soak On!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Is there something wrong with repairing the 1200?

And get the Tiger Shark or something if you can't get the CPS guns on ebay.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1177459685
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:11 pm

oh yeah that's right well i know little to nothing about super soaker reapairs. Anyway i opened my 1200 up and some of the parts were all cracked and rotted. i wanted to get it repaired but hasbro said it was out of warranty. Then i took the pressure bladder thing filled it up with my hose and it rocketed over my house into a nearby feild.
x

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:40 pm

Hasbro would be unable to do anything anyway. Where exactly is the problem? (leak? pump? etc.) And filling the bladder w/ a hose wasn't such a good idea.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1177461641
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:55 pm

Yep, take some pictures and describe everything - most broken guns are fixable.

For cracks in the tubing, use epoxy glue and clamp the parts together. Duct tape serves as a decent clamp of sorts and might help hold the parts together.

Once all the cracks are sorted out, pump up the gun with the internals open to see if and where there are leaks. Good luck!

The Orca and Tiger Shark have good range, but nothing on the market these days has power that rivals that of the older guns. It just doesn't feel right to have a thin stream that goes far but a wide stream that doesn't do much.

needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:13 pm

well i would send pictures but i tossed it since i later found out it couldn't be fixed. I really can't explain it. It was like the insides were shattered can't imagine how that happened but they looked all rotted out too. It's a real shame it was a fun gun.
x

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:26 am

your first problem is that you used pool water. i killed two 1500's that way :angry: . the chlorine in the pool and other chemicals can break down the insides of a soaker. other then the broken parts, what exactly is broken about the soaker?
more reliable then a max-D trigger

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:08 pm

That wasn't a good idea to just throw away the rubber bladder, although to be honest I did a few things like this when I was younger. Old blasters can be repaired fairly easily. If you get the bladder back and take some pictures I will guide you through how to repair it. As for a replacement I'm not really up to date on the new blasters (plan on doing that this summer) but from what I've used the Flash Flood is good.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:50 pm

ohhh so pool water is bad......ohhhhhh......well that explainshow the innards got all messed up. Well anyway all the pipes and stuff on the inside were either shatered or had lots of cracks and the splintered pieces seemed to be worn away. besides i threw the parts away and a hollow shell with a cps bladder won't win wars :(
x

needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:58 pm

hey while on topic what if i completely suberge a gun in like a lage cooler to fill it? Would that have a negative affect on it? man i hope my freind's cps2000 doesnt get wrecked from all the chlorine. That was a sweet gun.
x

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:15 pm

From experience, any kind of non-tap water does no good for any gun, or so I believe. I believe the use of the lake's water on my FF when boating once is what helped the Max-D spring deteriorate, and it eventually just broke.

Well, you know now, never throw anything away unless it's just a dead water balloon.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 pm

I would have to disagree that everything less clean than government regulated DO 13 municipal water is bad for water guns. Pool water is very bad as noted with the chlorine. However, the regular use of stream water over the years has not done damage to my guns. Extremely heavy use is more responsible, though I won't dive any farther into that matter.

Anyway, I wouldn't fully submerge any gun just in case.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:58 pm

Duxburian wrote:I would have to disagree that everything less clean than government regulated DO 13 municipal water is bad for water guns. Pool water is very bad as noted with the chlorine. However, the regular use of stream water over the years has not done damage to my guns. Extremely heavy use is more responsible, though I won't dive any farther into that matter.

Anyway, I wouldn't fully submerge any gun just in case.
I got a story about that. Back in 2004 some friends and I had this huge battle out on a lake and my 1500 sunk to the bottom. The next spring when they drained the lake they found my 1500 at the bottom... still charged. We pulled the trigger and it still worked. It STILL works almost 3 years later. That's what I call a durable gun.
With that being said, I didn't write about that to disagree with Duxburian, that was a freak case, and I am still shocked about it. Chlorine is probably worse than lake/stream water, but I still would never recommend it.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:27 am

I had two 1500's. over the course of a summer of useing it just in the pool and with pool water the soakers broke. all of the metal parts rusted, all the seals where worn and the whole thing looked pretty nasty will all of the corosion. With that, I still have a working ss50, although it leaks due to the o-ring, but that was never used in the pool and it still works fine. If you take care of your soakers, they'll take care of you.
more reliable then a max-D trigger