Hands-On: WW Stingray - @ iSoaker.com

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: WW Stingray - @ iSoaker.com

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:22 pm

The Water Warriors Stingray is the smallest of the air pressure soakers by Buzz Bee Toys for 2007. As the smallest, it is based on a pressurized reservoir system and has no additional frills. The pump feels rather short for its size, though, and the bottom-positioned fill cap has some annoying properties to it (namely the addition of a small plastic nub that actually makes it a little trickier to tighten the cap on properly). Performance is pretty much what one would expect from a small soaker; decent, but limited output. Interestingly, the Stingray does seem to slightly outperform the larger Hammerhead in terms of sheer output, though the Hammerhead's reservoir capacity is significantly larger.

More info coming soon, but for now, here are some pics.

Water Warriors Stingray pictures

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:47 am

BBT is still selling hornets, so i think ill stick with them for now... :blazer:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:42 am

Between the two, I'd also lean towards the Hornet. The Stingray has some cute styling and decent performance, but its cap placement and design could use some improvement.

nz veteran

Post by nz veteran » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:08 pm

Unlike the pathetic post on amazon.com can somebody put a review up of the super soaker hydroblitz that has information containing this guns max range (level and 45 degrees) and its ml/s so that a direct comparison can be made between it and the old legendary pre 2002 guns such as the cps2000 and the monsters etc.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:22 am

nz veteran wrote:Unlike the pathetic post on amazon.com can somebody put a review up of the super soaker hydroblitz that has information containing this guns max range (level and 45 degrees) and its ml/s so that a direct comparison can be made between it and the old legendary pre 2002 guns such as the cps2000 and the monsters etc.
Not the right thread for this, but I see you now found the submitted review on the Hydro Blitz.

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish up the Stingray review today or tomorrow, but I won't be able to do a Hydro Blitz review until I actually have one to test. :goofy:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:26 am

isoaker

Water Warriors Sting Ray

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:41 am

Water Warriors Sting Ray Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.

martianshark

Re: Water Warriors Sting Ray

Post by martianshark » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:14 am

I just got a two pack of these. I've heard good things about the Stingray, but its performs slightly worse than I expected.

Its pump is way too short. It looks like the pump shaft is plenty long, but it only moves maybe 1/2". Although it shoots worse than I expected it too, it's still pretty decent. It shoots about as well as a good squirt gun, but it's contiuous, of course. It also probably has slightly better range. It also has pretty good capacity, and is small enough to fit in your pocket, although if your pocket is too small, it won't fit.

The Stingray is a pretty good gun for its size, and is probably good for games like Assasins and small water fights.

By the way, a thing I've noticed about WW is that they don't make their guns very reliable. My Vanquisher leaks a bit from the tip of the pump rail thing, and one of my stingray's caps/grips doesn't screw on right. SS makes more solid and well built soakers, but still, they aren't making very good guns. I'm going to stick to WW for now.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

ncog

Post by ncog » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:16 am

Use a file to rub off the two plastic nubs on the cap, that'll let you screw the cap on tighter and possibly improve performance a bit (I didn't really notice much of a performance increase with mine but it's nice to be able to screw the cap on properly)

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:48 pm

I don't like how the cap is also the handle, so I didn't get a Sting Ray. I went with a twin pack of Hornets, but their handles are fairly short and they're not as powerful as the Max-D's. Next up would be the Barracuda, but I haven't tried any of them. Can't go wrong with a Max-D 2000 though despite it's lack of capacity and stiff trigger. (since it's quite more powerful than the Hornet, or maybe BBT is simply using lousy pumps that don't feed in much air at a time)

It looks like BBT still has a better sidearm selection than Hasbro does. The Liquidator and Max-D 2k to 4k were the only sidearms from SS after the CPS era while BBT has been coming up with more small soakers.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

ncog

Post by ncog » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:57 pm

The handle is still very comfortable and ergonomic, it's actually useful that the cap is part of the handle as it means the pistol has a shorter profile, making it much easier to fill up in sinks (in comparison to something like an XP 20 where the reservoir opening is in a really inconvenient position)

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:13 am

For sink filling they could've simply extended the reservoir slightly and have the cap placed to make it easier. (Filling from sinks is rare for me; I almost always use a water bottle to do it.) A regular cap would make a negligible increase to profile. Also, the handle is not tethered.

That said, I have yet to try one out so I can't be sure if the handle/cap style is actually better or not.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat