First '07 soaker sighting

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:14 pm

I found a Sneak Attack at a local Target today. One of the interesting notes was the "aquashock levels" for the new guns on the back.

Sneak Attack (piston): 3.0
Secret Strike (air pressure): 5.0
Arctic Blast (CPS): 7.0
HydroBlitz ( ? ): 11.5

Interesting, especially with Evangel's description of the HydroBlitz firing.

Edited By Scavenger on 1174418155

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:11 pm

Woah, thanks for the info. If the AquaShock level is just an X-rating, either on the same scale or a different one, then that would make sense.

So, the Arctic Blast is CPS...not bad at all.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:07 pm

I got an Arctic Blast. It's an okay gun, very akin to the FF. The only real difference is shape, capacity and overall power.

The gun has low ramge and low power and output. A nozzle drill was needed and now it gets about 35 ft eyeballed. Output on the Riot Blast is good, but you need to pump it about 35 times for it to be effective.

Capacity is way too low. It's capable to have a backpack attached, which is good, but that costs extra money.

Pros: Small Size, Riot Blast, medium range with a nozzle drill, CPS.
Cons:Low Range without a nozzle drill, low capacity, no strap, bright colors.

Overall: The Arctic Blast would be a good gun as a small sidearm, but lacks in range and capacity. A good candidate for basic modding. The gimmick on this gun is the roit blast, and the large cap to put ice-cubes in.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Evangel

Post by Evangel » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:44 am

My friend's gonna love the Arctic Blast. His favorite weapon is the Arctic Shock and he loathes when I use the Flash Flood on him. So this combination could allow him to really wreak some havoc. :cool:

And trust me, it sucks getting hit with Shock's supercooled streams, so Blast will probably be 5x worse. lol

IMO, low power and range was probably intended to balance it out, so that it doesn't make the original Flash Flood obsolete... =/ Which is good, cuz I bought a Blast for my friend, but I was thinking of getting one for myself to replace my FF, which I didn't want to do cuz FF is pretty much my signature weapon. Now I can keep my Flash Flood while he upgrades his Shock to Blast. =)

Edited By Evangel on 1174370014

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Only real difference I can see between the 2 is capacity, didn't know they adjusted the power. (except for the PC angling, but that doesn't affect lamination much anyway.) And from what I've seen, the Arctic Blast doesn't come with an ice core for some reason. If you want cold blasts, just load some cubes into the Flash Flood anyway.

Thinking back on the ice core, I heard it cools the water faster, but can't be sure. Ice cubes barely have a negative effect on capacity. (water expands when it freezes, so when the ice melts it's slightly less, but no big deal)

Of course, you can go on a CPS search and get something much better, with or without ice.

Really don't see the point of remaking a jacked up Flash Flood, looks like the soakers are still not much, if at all better than they've been. (HydroBlitz seems like a gimmick right now too) I'm very likely not to get any soakers this year (except maybe for Max-D pistols, and maybe the soakers at the clearance season), going for BBT guns.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1174424261
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:55 pm

Buzz Bee is taking over the market!

Walmart had a bunch of BB pistols (Black Widows, I think), as well as the Aqua Squirtz or whatever their called. The SS offerings were Arctic Blast, Secret Strike, and whatever replaced the Helix.

Kmart had NO Super Soakers whatsoever. Really weird that. Saw the Orca, as well as its small versions (TigerShark and HammerHead if memory serves), as well as no-pump pistol in a plastic case. Two large Storm pistols as well.

Good job Big Bee - people are recognizing the power and quality of your design, and you're taking OVER!

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

dragonclass

Post by dragonclass » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:50 pm

If anyone's interested, Amazon now has the HydroBlitz thru Target. I'll see if it shows at my local stores first to save some money. Hopefully, doing the typical FF nozzle mods will show the 'Blitz is restricted alittle. Later, Brad
Brad Beaty
Engineman 1st class(ret)
US Naval Expeditionary Command(NECC)

Don't think outside the box...There Is No Box

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 pm

Good old Tennessee, far behind.
Just today finally saw Arctic Blast and Secret Strike. No sign of any Storm pistols, which I find sad, because I use them as my personal protectors. No sign of hydroblitz, or anything WW style. Hopefully that will change in a hurry.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

H2orpheus_07

Post by H2orpheus_07 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:45 am

Hmm... at my local Walmart, they have the Artic Blast, the Secret Strike, two packs of WW Black Widow pistols.

There's also this weird battery powered pistol called a speed shark. It's off brand, and holds 16.9 oz. of water, and shoots 25 feet. I;m thinking of buying one just to see how it works. It's pure white, and takes AA batteries.
Current Clan Sea Fox Armoury: WW Blazer(2005), 2x Liquidator's, 2x WW Black Widow's, 2x Vaporizer's, 2x SS 100's
2x XP 220's, Helix, Speed Shark V3 Mako Shark

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:22 am

I saw that Speed Shark this mornin. It looks like it could be a nice little scout or assassin weapon. The last one like that my brother bought, and it was quite underwhelming.

EDIT-03/29: Bought the Arctic Blast yesterday, I got what I expected. Did anyone notice that Arctic on the sticker on the side is spelled Artic? 2: I bought one of the Speed Sharks mechanized guns for my brother. If anyone wants a detailed review, let me know. Overall, it has very little power and range.

Edited By Leviathan on 1175195807
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:49 pm

I hope that I'm not asking a question that's been answered on here already (I'll recheck after class) but my #1 question is... does the Hydroblitz have a Max D trigger system?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:10 pm

Seen the Hydroblitz at my Local Toys R' Us for $50 CAN(not including taxes). Abit smaller than the CPS 4100 so not comparible with the monster line. Box came prity close in size to the large old CPS. 50 freaken dollars... thats what the Monster X costed back in the day. The large nozzle on the Hydroblitz is basicaly a pulse fire typ riot nozzle getting in 3-4 shots per trigger squeeze. Whatever happed to high prices not being profitable enough? ( I guess it is if you don't produce to many and tone down the production design quality). Super Soaker this year has some nerve. Basicaly what it means is that they can manufacture/sell MX or CPS1500 typ soakers, but just refuse to. Why? Because they just can.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1176254032

bb1

Post by bb1 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:36 pm

That last phrase brought up a very comparable comic I have read. Now just replace everything x-box related with CPS. Especially panel 4.

Edited By bb1 on 1176255471

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:46 pm

Hahaha. That's great.

Yeah, I can definitely see some Hasbro bigshot in that fourth frame.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:28 pm

I have seen all of the new Super Soakers this year. The HydroBlitz was $50 CAN. It is huge. They should rename it the HugeInator. And I also saw the Tarantula.

Edited By hydroblitz on 1177372985
Soak On!