Hands-On: WW Steady Stream - @ iSoaker.com

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: WW Steady Stream - @ iSoaker.com

Post by isoaker » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:27 pm

A couple of reviews on the WW Steady Stream have been posted by other members already, but 'tis the first time I've gotten to try it out, myself.

I'd have to more or less agree with the assessment on the Steady Stream so far; very interesting tech, though I probably would have liked a slightly larger nozzle and pump volume.

At any rate, here are some pics for now:
WW Steady Stream

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:16 pm

isoaker

Water Warriors Steady Stream

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:41 am

Water Warriors Steady Stream Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.

ncog

Re: Water Warriors Steady Stream

Post by ncog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:13 am

Innovative and able to keep up with lower end air pressure soakers. Worth the purchase simply to encourage Buzz Bee to continue its ventures into new and useful technology, plus an excellent secondary/backup soaker, one of the best in my opinion due to the lack of trigger meaning it doesn't require any pre-pumping before its use (just grab it out and start pumping).

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 pm

This is one of those that are nifty for pulling pranks, for water balloon wars, and the like, and I'd say it's recommendable for that purpose. For serious water wars, it's definately a no; I'd go for a Max-D 2000 instead for that size/class.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

ncog

Post by ncog » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:01 am

I'd probably agree with you on that C-A_99, but when I said it would make for a good secondary/backup I was referring to (at least in my own head) casual urban water fights where one would need all of their soakers in a readily accessible position (i.e on straps, one on either side or one across the back). I should have clarified that in my first post, so apologies there.

In a water war in a larger area (such as a forest or similar, I assume this is what you mean by a serious war) which is usually more static and has people carrying backpacks and using holsters for their backups, then it likely would not hold up well. Sadly I will likely never be able to participate in such a war (due to both lack of 'hardcore' interest and lack of appropriate locations), which is why I wasn't thinking of its use as a backup in that type of situation sorry!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:11 am

By serious war, I mean any demanding hit based game that relies heavily on range for primary blasters. This can be both urban, neighborhood, or in the woods, it's all up to the game scenario being played. The main issue here is, say you're using the Steady Stream in tight quarters in a plain 1 hit kill game. You need to be stealthy and silent and ready to jump on anyone who appears. However, because of the lack of a trigger, you'll need to leave the pump sticking out, then push it in fast to start shooting. This is why triggered guns are prefered for "serious" wars, and pumping while shooting (which is necessary for the Steady Stream) results in less accuracy. Also, I don't think the Steady Stream will get as much range as, obviously, air pressure blasters but it likely has less range than regular piston blasters due to the spring absorbing force into longer shot time.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

ncog

Post by ncog » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:34 am

Definitely, I was just using a forest as an example of a common location for a serious war. I think the term "serious" is also dependent on the people you are playing with; for example, the water fight I am organising for December will likely be a hit-based game like CTF, but none of the people playing (except me) are soaker enthusiasts. Because of this I consider it a casual game; it' won't be too serious in a competitive sense, rather just a bunch of 18 and 19 year old people running round a school one day having some loosely structured fun. Because of this, if I do decide to use a backup (though I likely won't because I doubt anyone else will) it'll probably be just an XP 215 in my pocket or a small piston gun.

In such a water fight, where the onus is more on simple fun rather than an all out competitive game, I would have no qualms with using a Steady Stream as a backup over a light pistol. In terms of range, I'm fairly sure my Steady Stream can outrange my Max-D 3000 anyway. However, I agree with you that a Steady Stream probably wouldn't be appropriate in a serious war where every decision counts...it's still an impressive soaker in my opinion though!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:03 am

"Serious" or "hardcore" doesn't necessarily have to be competetive either. (if it's too competetive, that encourages people to cheat) I only consider a game serious if the game itself is structured so that it demands thought and skill upon the players, but that will turn disasterous if even one player is too immature. (without regard to age because there are people who are in middle school who'd cooperate more than some in high school)

Of course, I have yet to use a Steady Stream myself, but it just doesn't look that useful and able to deliver similar soakage to other guns that have similar functuality in theory. (that being continuous firing on a target) If it's small enough though, it could make a decent backup or sidearm.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare