Sponge Darts

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
TheSoaker

Sponge Darts

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:06 pm

I remember someone on here joking about "sponge darts that you soak in water and shoot from a nerf gun. well look what Buzzbee made lol:

http://www.buzzbeetoys.com/USglobal/Air ... 43200.html
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Sponge Darts

Post by SEAL » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:14 pm

Haha, that's pretty funny. What do you guys think about allowing them in League wars? I really don't see why you'd want to use them because while they can shoot farther than water guns, you only have so many darts and I'm sure it'd be really easy to lose them. I personally would still use a water gun.

Still, it's kind of funny. I think the joke about them was in the old "Anti-Dream Gun" thread over at SSC. That was a fun topic, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:08 pm

I still have a purist view that legality should be restricted to "water guns" and equivalent devices where the vast majority of the payload (90%+ is liquid water). A dart-shooting blaster is not a water gun unless loaded with water, and only a tiny amount of a water dart is actually water. If you've ever nerfed in the rain with slug darts, where the felt bumpers become saturated with water, these Buzz Bee darts would probably play a lot like that. In other words, you need eye protection and you won't get so much as a wet mark unless you're wearing a cotton T shirt and shot from very close with something very powerful.

Also, we'd need to add new rules for richochets and spend time dart sweeping vast amounts of forest looking for darts. As it is, dart sweeping an open soccer field can knock more than an hour off playtime at Nerf wars. If you've been to Nerf wars in the woods, then you know that your darts often don't land in easy to spot and easy to reach places. They like to vanish under leaves and into the bushes. I really won't want to waste time with that.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:17 pm

I remember someone actually being serious about using something like that to "soak".

Bring one to a community war, and watch everyone disregard them like they don't exist, even if you happen to hit anyone.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:39 pm

While far from being able to actually "soak" someone with these, if one was hit, would it count in a OHK/OHS game?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:40 pm

isoaker wrote:While far from being able to actually "soak" someone with these, if one was hit, would it count in a OHK/OHS game? (I suppose it would also be far from a standard 'fist-sized-splotch' , too :goofy: )

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:05 pm

The nerf community might be interested in using these for Splash-Dart Only games to make hits more obvious.

Or they could fill these with paint. Paintball meets Nerf
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:27 pm

I'm actually looking forward to trying these in a nerf war. Could be good for hit detection as martianshark said.

Also Isoaker, I am sure they leave larger splashes of water than a certain Nerfed super soaker company...

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Woow. Another way to make your guns rusty.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.