Water Warriors Charger

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
jSpazz

Re: Water Warriors Charger

Post by jSpazz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:49 pm

I haven't spent too much time with my Charger, but whenever I've used it I haven't been able to empty the pressure chamber after use. I assume this is because of the intake tube not reaching all the way to the back. Even when I fire straight up it does not empty.

I don't like leaving water in it, but that's how it is. My question is: Would cutting the intake tube negatively affect performance?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:02 pm

jSpazz wrote:I haven't spent too much time with my Charger, but whenever I've used it I haven't been able to empty the pressure chamber after use. I assume this is because of the intake tube not reaching all the way to the back. Even when I fire straight up it does not empty.

I don't like leaving water in it, but that's how it is. My question is: Would cutting the intake tube negatively affect performance?
I also still have water sloshing around in my WW Charger; definitely not optimal. As for your question, cutting the intake tube would actually briefly improve initial stream performance, but then also result in even more water being trapped inside the firing chamber. Of course, if you completely chopped the intake tube, you'd then be able to point the nozzle downwards and empty the PC, but your shot time before misting when holding horizontally would be really short and forget about angling the blaster upwards.

If anything, this PC should be given the largest inner-diameter tubing possible that reaches as close to the back of the PC to allow for proper emptying while not reducing flow rate due to excess tubing length.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:34 am

I wouldn't clip the intake tube with a pressure chamber this small. The shot time is already really short. I have actually contemplated converting it to CPS by using LRT.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:39 pm

marauder wrote:I wouldn't clip the intake tube with a pressure chamber this small. The shot time is already really short. I have actually contemplated converting it to CPS by using LRT.
I was actually thinking about this today. I've never done any mods and probably won't have time do any, but it would be a fun project.