Nerf Rebelle water blasters 2014

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Nerf Rebelle water blasters 2014

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Dolphina Bow:
dolphina_bow.png
dolphina_bow.png (56.57 KiB) Viewed 4012 times
Blue Crush Soaker:
blue_crush.png
blue_crush.png (151.05 KiB) Viewed 4012 times

While I'm all for luring more females into the world of water warfare, somehow I find these hard to take seriously. ..and if I end up reviewing any of these on iSoaker.com, this community had better appreciate these sort of sacrifices I make! :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

TheSoaker

Re: Nerf Rebelle water blasters 2014

Post by TheSoaker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:54 pm

have we even had any girls?
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:11 pm

ERMAGURD DOLPHINS.

Wait who's atvan? :P
Shame that I come back after a long break to find Hasbro being as fail as always. Not exactly surprising though.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:59 am

This looks so bad. How does the bow even work? Is it a spring-loaded syringe gun? Or maybe the arms are the reservoir, and it's basically a spring-loaded piston pumper.

Poor girls.

Oh, and speaking of new water guns, I was pretty much right about my piston-pumper 1-3-5 prediction. (Tri-Strike Crossbow)
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 am

Silly me... there is a second page with two more blasters (albeit color variations)

Nerf Rebelle Mini Mission Soaker Purple:
mini_mission_soaker_purple.png
mini_mission_soaker_purple.png (55.2 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
Nerf Rebelle Mini Mission Soaker Blue:
mini_mission_soaker_blue.jpg
mini_mission_soaker_blue.jpg (6.63 KiB) Viewed 3996 times

Ok, for anyone who also plays with Nerf guns, anyone ever seen any of the Rebelle line used by anyone?

Oh, and welcome back, Atvan! Your timing is impeccable - or perhaps, too ironic. Are you sure you're not posting because these water blaster models lured you in??? :goofy:

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 am

I saw the Dolphina bow a while ago.

On the Nerf side, some people are using the Rebelle blasters, but are often repainting them. Some like the Sweet Revenge, which is functionally the same as the Hammershot but with a sleeker shell, and is sometimes sold with a holster. There is also the Powerbelle, a reshelled Speedswarm.

Based on the line expansion, it seems they might be having some success marketing the line, so these things will probably sell about as well as the regular Nerf Super Soaker garbage.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:24 am

@jSpazz: thanks for the insight into Nerf Rebelle dart gun use! :cool:

The most notable thing I am taking away from these blasters is the fact that Hasbro is now choosing to produce water blasters that completely ditch "Super Soaker". Sure, these are for their Rebelle line, but these could have been Nerf Super Soaker Rebelle water blasters. Perhaps that's getting on the long side as well, but these products signify another nail in the coffin for the phrase "Super Soaker".

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:50 am

The main problem with the rebelle line (and the new zombiestrike line too) is there are not almost any guns in the line competitive with N-strike elite. The highets capacity rebelle blaster holds 10 darts and fire 1-2 darts per second. A alpha trooper/rampage/rapidstrike/modded stampede typically holds 18 darts in mags that can be swapped in a second and fires 2-6 darts per second.

Jspazz, I agree about the sweet revenge. It's actually a very nice nerf pistol.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:43 pm

This is a joke... Do they really think that little girls who are into all that fairy-princess stuff would actually want to play with toy guns? I'm pretty sure the types of girls who do like toy guns would much rather have something less "wimpy" looking. Could be wrong of course, but it's kind of like manufacturing a Barbie doll with military clothes and marketing it to little boys. Smells like a poorly-planned product.

Hahaha, the Blue Crush Soaker has a tactical rail... It looks like yet another Vaporizer variant though, am I right? Oh, and I think they actually are branded as Nerf Super Soakers. I saw it on one of the boxes once.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:51 pm

SEAL wrote: Oh, and I think they actually are branded as Nerf Super Soakers. I saw it on one of the boxes once.
You are right - upon closer inspection of the packaging, "Nerf Super Soaker" is there - but it isn't on the title description on the product webpages.
See: http://www.hasbro.com/rebelle/en_US/sho ... 4336:en_US

Oh, regarding the bow, according to the website:
Step up with strength and style and bow-blasting soakage with the Dolphina Bow Blaster! It's easy to load this stylish soaker with up to 25 ounces of water. Then pull the handle back and push it forward to fire a blast of water at your target. Show off your skill and soak your mark with the Dolphina Bow blaster!
Hence, it'll be an awkward pull-push pump-action blaster. Then again, were it spring-based, it'd have even worse performance.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 pm

isoaker wrote:Oh, and welcome back, Atvan! Your timing is impeccable - or perhaps, too ironic. Are you sure you're not posting because these water blaster models lured you in??? :goofy:

How's you know?

I think what actually brought me back is that I missclicked and hit the Ww.net link in my bookmarks. I had been meaning to come back, but I never really had anything to say, and was getting a little tired of the stagnated discussions.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Girls are into the bows because of Katniss. But other than that, I think SEAL is right.

And now the water gun bow is sounding even stupider than I thought.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 pm

As far as a water gun bow goes, they should have made it an actual bow. Don't know how well this would work, but they should make a bow with arrows that have a foam cup at the front, the cup would have a strap on it so that you could strap a water balloon onto the front of the arrow. Fire the bow and when the arrow hits something the balloon pops. Don't know how well this would work, but it can't be much worse then their other junk. I have to say, if they made something like that I would probably buy a few. It wouldn't be very practical for hard core wars, but doing 1v1 with water balloon tipped arrows sounds pretty fun. I like novelty guns, so long as there are powerful powerful practical blasters to go along with them. That is Hasbro's problem, their few guns that aren't novelties still aren't any good.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:40 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:As far as a water gun bow goes, they should have made it an actual bow. Don't know how well this would work, but they should make a bow with arrows that have a foam cup at the front, the cup would have a strap on it so that you could strap a water balloon onto the front of the arrow. Fire the bow and when the arrow hits something the balloon pops. Don't know how well this would work, but it can't be much worse then their other junk. I have to say, if they made something like that I would probably buy a few. It wouldn't be very practical for hard core wars, but doing 1v1 with water balloon tipped arrows sounds pretty fun. I like novelty guns, so long as there are powerful powerful practical blasters to go along with them. That is Hasbro's problem, their few guns that aren't novelties still aren't any good.
While not a bad idea in theory, if you build an actual bow that can lob an actual water balloon, you've built yourself a fairly powerful bow. With arrows weighing in around ~30g, that's not much of a water balloon. Foam darts probably weigh in at 5g-10g; if you let them get their tips wet, perhaps one can get away with adding a gram or so at best before you begin significantly affecting their flight path.

In the end, some may like to have a water blaster in the shape of a bow, but a bow just isn't the right form to make a truly good and functional water blaster.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 pm

I think we are over emphasizing the whole gun part of waterguns. Although I use the term more than many of you they really are more blasters or whatever. We used to have about 20% girls in Red Scorpion matches and Vermin Wars back in the day. Even the Dominator War that I went to in VA had some girls. We've had as many as 6 or 7 show up to wars, which is nearly as large as our average total attendance for community wars. It's not that weird at all.

I'm not really sure if my wife would be into these. She does like the guns with purple on them, but really it's a moot point since I would never allow these in our household anyway :cool:
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.