Flash Flood: SoakerTag Elite VS Max Infusion - Differences between the two versions?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
FirstAid

Post by FirstAid » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi,

I've been searching for a CPS-based soaker for some time now, and when I searched iSoaker.com I stumbled upon the specs for the 2005 SoakerTag Elite series Flash Flood.
After reading about it, I immediatly wanted to buy this soaker.

However, the only Flash Flood I can still buy online (I live in Belgium and they don't sell it here) is the 2006 Max Infusion series Flash Flood.
It seems the SoakerTag Elite version has been discontinued... Now normally I wouldn't worry about whether there could be differences between these two versions, but since shipping it here will cost me quite a lot of money, I wanted to be sure I don't buy a weaker version.

Since it seems many people on this forum know a lot about soakers, I wanted to ask you:

Does anyone know for sure what the differences between a SoakerTag Elite Flash Flood and a Max Infusion Flash Flood are?

I'm dying to know...

thx in advance

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:44 pm

Welcome to the iSoaker.com forums!

As far as I can tell, the only real difference besides the appearance (color) is the reservoir cap. The MI Flash Flood's reservoir cap allows you to connect the MI Aquapack - essentially just a small backpack. All MI-series blasters are compatible with these backpacks.

FirstAid

Post by FirstAid » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:42 pm

Thanks, SilentGuy! I think I'll get right to ordering it.

:soakon2:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:01 pm

Welcome to the forums! SilentGuy's post sums it up. Colour and cap side, they are pretty much identical. The Max-Infusion capability is nice if you are also planning on getting the AquaPack reservoir expansion for it as the Flash Flood uses up water rather quickly (especially if you find yourself using the large nozzle alot). :;):

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:21 pm

The Max-I FF's cap is also reverse threaded, just a little thing to be aware about, and neither of their caps have stoppers.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Eva1ence

Post by Eva1ence » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Actually, there is a slight difference between the two. The older green Flash Flood has a slightly thicker plastic in the reservoir. The older reservior will not bend under strain as easily. For those of you who own both, try squeezing them. You will notice the difference. This is important because the newer ones have a potential to buckle into itself if air is cut off from the cap.

Edited By Eva1ence on 1176006445

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:31 pm

The newer FF seems to have a stronger trigger, but the reservour is more flimsy. It's a trade off. But the flimsy reservour when paired with a MI backpack is not a good combo. I coundn't stand just 3 FF shots, so I returned my FF.

Edited By Hannibal on 1176593599
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."