BIG Pics: Entire (almost) WW Line - Big Pic Warning

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Full sized pics of all the 2007 Water Warriors from Buzz Bee Toys.

Enjoy the pics!

Reviews on these soakers will be coming over the next several weeks.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:33 pm

Thanks!

I went to TRU today, mainly as a walk, didn't see much. The only new guns were the Secret Strike and the Arctic Blast.

I'm really excited about the Tiger Shark, and I'm looking for it. The Orca looks okay, especially with a pump handle that is easy to hold, but the reservoir cap looks a bit annoying. The Tiger Shark is also a smaller and gets the same advertised range.

Thanks for the pics though, and I'm looking forward to the reviews!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:56 pm

Nice pics, BBT FTW!

Hmm... Looks like the TigerShark is simply a lower-capacity Orca (similar power perhaps) without the cap inversion. Dispite the Orca's cap inversion, I'll probably still be getting that one for the capacity, and bigger guns look cooler. The handles are also nicer. (wonder what the TS's extra handle is for) The TS would probably be better for 1HK/S though.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:22 pm

As usual, Buzz Bee Toys is the only water gun company that innovates. I am very impressed by the idea of the Steady Stream. If I understand the concept correctly, this is a pump action water gun that keeps the stream constant while pumping. I am assuming the spring stores some of the energy and the nozzle releases the water slower than it can be pumped (similar to how capacitors are used occasionally to smooth the current in electronics). Great idea. I never would have even considered such an improvement. I think I'll buy that one just to get a better idea of how it works (unless a patent's in the works).

I also like that the Tarantula uses a battery pack as opposed to batteries. Another great innovation. Now people have to worry less about getting new batteries.

The Orca and Tiger Shark also look to be good replacements for the older Blazer and Lightning water guns.

Keep up the good work guys! Innovation is something we need. Now if the market would only accommodate more powerful water guns...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:03 pm

@Ben: from my understanding, that's exactly how it works. Interestingly, the input/output path from the spring-based PC is facing backwards. Perhaps this helps slow the flow such that a standard pumping rate does manage to exceed the output. Of course, I hope the output is not too limited because of this. I'm also curious how it behaves once the spring is maximally compressed...

The Tarantula is the replacement for the WW Scorpion which also used a battery pack. The clear plastic packaging is something I recall suggested by ZOCCOZ last year. I suppose they are testing it out to see if it really helps the blaster sell better.

@C-A_99: if you're wondering about the most rear handle, it is probably similar to older WW soakers like the WW Lightning and WW Piranha which had the reservoir intake tube in it. I think BBT put it there to serve as a mock shoulder-stock as well. That's one thing in BBT designs I never quite agreed with as I always felt it limits the hand-grip space more than need be.

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:41 pm

TigerShark and Orca look decent enough for skirmishes, although I doubt we'll be seeing some in Australia for quite some time :( .

Thanks for posting the pictures! Looking forward to the reviews.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:11 pm

The battery pack was also used on the WW Scorpion of 2006. As for the handle, perhaps its for people who handle it strangely and want to stretch the gun out to shoot. (and aren't pumping obviously) To serve as a stock, while comfy and might actually increase accuracy (for some, if the gun is heavy to them), is still rather pointless and sets back range.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Why do I want to buy new guns all of a sudden?
*eyes Tiger Shark and Steady Stream*
*slaps self in face*
*eyes price tags*
*slaps self in face*
*salutes Big Bee*

DX = owned. :goofy:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:12 am

Wow.
Just that, wow.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:25 am

Ben_ wrote:As usual, Buzz Bee Toys is the only water gun company that innovates. I am very impressed by the idea of the Steady Stream. If I understand the concept correctly, this is a pump action water gun that keeps the stream constant while pumping. I am assuming the spring stores some of the energy and the nozzle releases the water slower than it can be pumped (similar to how capacitors are used occasionally to smooth the current in electronics). Great idea. I never would have even considered such an improvement. I think I'll buy that one just to get a better idea of how it works (unless a patent's in the works).
I'm positive I've used a gun that uses a system like this. It's a cheapo, no-name piston pumper, with a poor design and sparkly colors, but the concept is there. The pump and nozzle have a chamber with air and water (about 50-50) inside, and when you pull the pump, a stream of water exists. It doesn't work too well in practice though, especially since a long stream isn't always necessary. However, I've got a feeling BBT will pull off the system much more effectively.

These soakers are indeed amazing. Normally I'd consider trying to find one or two of the best of last year's soakers, like the Blazer, Piranha, or Lightning, but I'm just drooling over these ones.

I can't think of a single Hasbro gun I'm excited about. The Flash Flood is okay, but it's nothing special and expensive.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:44 am

After all the trouble I go through to paint my Lightning up, the Tigershark has almost exactly the same colours! :angry: The only difference is a bit of yellow and purple on the Lightning.
The Tarantula also seems really interesting.

H2orpheus_07

Post by H2orpheus_07 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:50 am

Nice pics! That tiger shark looks really cool, do you know of any prices?
Current Clan Sea Fox Armoury: WW Blazer(2005), 2x Liquidator's, 2x WW Black Widow's, 2x Vaporizer's, 2x SS 100's
2x XP 220's, Helix, Speed Shark V3 Mako Shark

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:58 am

H2orpheus_07 wrote:Nice pics! That tiger shark looks really cool, do you know of any prices?

MSRP pricing repost for this thread (in USD):
Steady Stream: $7.99
Stingray: $4.99
Barracuda: $7.99
Hammerhead: $9.99
Tiger Shark: $14.99
Orca: $19.99
Tarantula: $19.99

Sidenote: I realize there's no Barracuda pic, mainly since I don't have one of those yet. :goofy:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:11 am

What's the Cuda look like?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 pm

The Barracuda looks like a modified Yellow Jacket.. sorta...

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Alright, cool. This is going to be a good year. :cool:

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:01 pm

How big is that Stingray? It looks like it might be a nice little sidearm.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:57 pm

if its similar in size to the hornet thatd be cool. ive seen re-issue hornets in toys-r-us for $4us. i love thoughs little pistols :laugh:
more reliable then a max-D trigger

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:55 am

Yeah, the Stingray is approx Hornet-size. Cute, lil' pistol and I'd assume it should perform as well as a Hornet as well.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:42 pm

Awesome, I hope we get our shipments soon.
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"