WW Scorpion review - Almost done

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
mr. dude

WW Scorpion review - Almost done

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:57 am

How long till full pressure: 26 secs.
Output:
On lowest nozzle: 39mL/sec
On medium nozzle: 130mL/sec
On highest nozzle: 200mL/sec
Shot times:
On lowest nozzle: 19 secs. till drop-off
On medium nozzle: 5 secs. till drop-off
On highest nozzle: 2 secs. till drop-off
Range:
On lowest nozzle: 8m level, 9m angled
On medium nozzle: 8m level, 10m angled
On highest nozzle: 5m level, 8m angled
PC Volume: 411mL
Reservoir Volume: 1452mL

The scorpion is a very unique gun. It’s a wonderful mix of power, size, capacity, simplicity (obviously not the internals though), and deceit. It’s a very powerful gun, possibly an even match for a CPS 1000, though it’s smaller than a CPS 1000.

When I see guns like the Blazer, Lightning, Hydra Pak, and Piranha, I wonder if BBT even consider reservoir capacity. They have huge PC’s that can’t be supported long enough by the reservoir, but they got it just right on the scorpion. Big enough PC’s, big enough reservoir, all in a small package.
And it doesn’t end there. This gun needs no pumping, you just flick a switch, and it pumps for you, until the PC is full. So simple!!
My favourite thing about this gun is deceit. Anyone that has never heard of it before will think it sucks, that is, until they witness the 6x hit them in the face.

But why do people think it sucks in the first place? The answer is simple, it’s loud…. really loud. By the time it’s done pumping, which takes a fairly long time for such a small PC, everyone will know exactly where you are.
Also, the batteries need recharging every once in a while (Note: If you plan on using this gun in one of your wars, don’t charge the batteries on the same day of the war, they’ll take 6-8 hours to charge, charge them the day before your war).
As well, it lacks a strap, so you must make a strap if you wish to dual wield it.

All in all, a wonderful gun for its size. It could use some improvements, such as a silencer and a strap. The trigger is quite comfortable to use, it has a good amount of shots before running out (you could get 3-4 shots), it also has good shot times, and great power.

Pros: Good nozzle selection, nice range, nice shot times (except on 6x), good amount of shots per tank, nice size, batteries last for a while before needing to recharge, NO PUMPING!!

Cons: Loud, loud, loud, and loud. No strap, batteries need recharging, recharging takes a while, pumping takes a while, low shot time on 6x, streams more on the slow side.

Edited By mr. dude on 1174391459
Link to the primary Water Warriors Scorpion discussion thread

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:20 pm

Nice review so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the stats you get!

BTW, once complete, may I repost it on iSoaker.com?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:48 pm

The reason I didn't post any ranges is that while I did do testing, it looks like it shoots a whole lot further than the numbers I was getting. I got 10m at most, but it looks like 12m+, so I didn't record anything.
Ps: You may repost it. If I post something on this site, then you may repost it without asking.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:11 pm

Ps: You may repost it. If I post something on this site, then you may repost it without asking.

@ mr. dude: Thanks for the advanced permission to repost things! In that case, if you ever don't want something reposted, simple let me know in the post. :cool:

As for ranges, I'm a little confused about your statement. It looks like 12m but you were recording 10m at most? I await your re-confirmation of the numbers.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:18 pm

I meant that I measured 10m at most, though it definately looks like more.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:37 pm

If you're measuring 10m, then I'd believe that over than what it looks like. Looks can be deceiving. Of course, it also depends how you're measuring it.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:49 pm

I have the range stats. This review will also be on Extrawater.

Croc

Post by Croc » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Of course, mr. dude and I will have to get something going so that we can make Extrawater online a.s.a.p., but I really have no idea when it will be online. We are hoping for the end of the month.
~CROC