WW Orca Review

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:16 pm

I know what you mean about the output numbers not quite feeling right. However, as I measure output multiple times and average it and that the numbers for the nozzles were rather consistent, I'll accept them. Output, of course, is not a true measure of overall stream power and solely expressed how much water is dumped out of the nozzle per second. A bucket's output would be much higher than any nozzle, but range is poor. We'll see how these soakers actually perform and get a better view of the power once range testing is done.

As for leaking from the back, I suspect it has to do with pumping air into the PCs, then having that air coming back to the reservoir once the PCs are filled, but I continue to pump to squeeze a little more water in/air out (?).

As for the nozzle pic colors, yeah, a little off.. tried to fix that now. I sorta rushed getting up the review and hadn't spent as much time adjusting colours from my old digicam capture. Thanks for the feedback!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:18 am

Sorry about that, we got the message. Cap will be moved to the top next year and eliminate that noise. We tried, didn't quite get everything right. We will also take a look at the intake tube. Thanks for the feedback.

Keep soaking!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:31 am

Hey, Big Bee! Bugs aside in some of the designs, I do believe the community is truly appreciative of BBT's general response and efforts towards user desires! If the cap is swapped to the top next year, the Orca II (or whatever it ends up being called), would end up performing overall so much better!

Soak on!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Yeah, I've gotta say, you guys have done a great job. I actually liked the squealing, but the air was a bit of an issue. Balance was great!

bb1

Post by bb1 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:22 pm

Aww, so what about us folk who already bought one this year?... The short end of the stick :(

Maybe some day it will be a rare and valuable off market item. Mwahahahaa.

Another feedback, this might go for any soaker, but the strap hurts my neck...quite a lot. Like rugburn. I feel like coating it with rubber insulation..nice and squishy. Aside, the fan nozzle has some to be desired, maybe a narrower thing like the center setting on hose nozzles. That would have adequate spread and range.

P.S- I love how the little people have a voice with WW company! I definitly know where my money is going next year. Hasbro is now out completely.

Edited By bb1 on 1177183498

isoaker

Water Warriors Orca

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:42 am

Water Warriors Orca Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.

ncog

Re: Water Warriors Orca

Post by ncog » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:11 am

Though not as impressive as the larger 2009 WW soakers (Vindicator/Pulse Master), the Orca is still great. I have the 2008 version, which sports a superior colour scheme (in my opinion at least) to the 2007 version as well as the crucial relocation of the reservoir cap to the top of the reservoir.

While the nozzle selector isn't perfect when changing nozzles (though it clicks in place, it is rather easy to revolve the nozzle past the fixture point, much like the Max-D 6000 nozzle selector), it offers a good range of stream settings. Unfortunately the largest nozzle doesn't reach its full potential due to its slightly lackluster range, but it has a solid output nonetheless and is supported by the impressive 700ml pressure chamber (better than that of the CPS 1000, 1200 and 2100). The fan setting is nice to watch, but ultimately dispensable in terms of its usefulness in an actual water fight. That nozzle would have been much better spent on a riot blast or larger nozzle that could unleash the whole PC in 1 - 2 seconds, but we can always dream!

The pump handle shape is quite nice to hold, but can catch on the bottom of the soaker, especially if turned whilst pumping, Overall this is a good blaster, highly recommended but not over the Vindicator. The Pulse Master is another good choice for a large soaker, but I can't choose between the two what is better. They're simply different. Nonetheless the Orca is still one of the best soakers released in the last few years and well worth the purchase.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:16 pm

The review should probably mention that the Mk 2 Orca has its cap on the top.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:22 am

martianshark wrote:The review should probably mention that the Mk 2 Orca has its cap on the top.
Good point; will update that soon.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:41 am

I can't seem to come to a conclusion about this either. There are blasters smaller than the Orca and far more powerful. It may be able to easily dominate nearly all lower-classed blasters, but the Vindicator can handle it much better, and the Orca has several design flaws (such as angled PC's) that inhibit performance even more than the HydroPower design would.

It's great to see that BBT did away with the inefficient HydroPower system in favor of CPS.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat