which weapons?(for a sniper) - PS my arctic shock only shoots about 35

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

which weapons?(for a sniper) - PS my arctic shock only shoots about 35

MI Flash Flood+ Max-D 3000
50%
MI Flash Flood+ XP-270
No votes
Max-D 3000+ XP-270
17%
MI Flash Flood Only
17%
XP-270+ Arctic Shock
17%

Total votes: 6

Monster_XXL

Post by Monster_XXL » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:42 pm

I have all of the guns above to shoose from , so please vote! :cps1500: :cps2500: :cps1000: :cps3000:
ARMORY: XP-270 (x2 , 1 shotgunned) , Max-D 3000 (x2 , one shotgunned , don't ask) , Flash Flood (Max Infusion , screen removed) , Aquapack Devestator (broken) , Gremlin , Hornet , Firefly , Arctic Shock.

>>><<<Simply Monster_XXL!>>><<<

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Welcome to IScF. Put your feet up, thumb through our magazines, and yes, the rootbeer is non-alchoholic, despite the Dr. McGillicudy's label. Stay as long as you like.

First off, you can't really "snipe" with Super Soakers. You can engage targets from distances greater than they can engage you, but you can't really "snipe." Secondly, none of those guns are useful for sniping. They all have low or standard ranges. The only soakers really capable of engaging in longer-distance water warfare are guns like the CPS 2000, 2500, and some 15/1700s (or so I've heard).

The guns you listed might be good BACKUP for a longer-ranged attack, but not useful at all for committing such an attack.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:54 pm

Yep, as we mentioned recently in a thread at SSC, you can't snipe or do anything that's specialized in water wars. The guns are too similar and the roles are too similar. Brief explanation, but Duxburian will probably jump in with a better Tactical Theory-conforming, nonsensical-but-sensical, explanation. :cool:

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:29 pm

In general, "sharp shooting" is the better term, though I'd consider it "sniping" with a water balloon launcher from hundreds of feet away. For normal stock soakers, you want at least 40ft of range, preferably close to or over 50ft.

Stock Soakers with range in the mid-40s to low-50s [last puddle, not last drop]:
CPS 2000, 2500, 1500/1700, 2700, SS 300, XP 150, etc.

Stock Soakers with range in the low-40s or higher [last puddle, not last drop]:
All of the above + CPS 4100, 3000, 3200, Flash Flood, Monster 01, Monster X, Orca, Blazer, ZX 1000, ZX 2000, SC PowerPak, etc.

However, since there are so many guns which can get across the 40ft line, the ability to sharp shoot with one decreases drastically. 40ft is basically standard range, nothing special.

Now, if you really want a range advantage and are willing to mod and/or build guns, you can really get somewhere.

Types of modded and homemade guns with ranges from the mid-40s to the high 70s:
Standard APH, APR, Standard CPH, N-Rev, CAP, most k-modded soakers, most integrated soakers, all k-modded + integrated soakers, most colossused soakers, air pressure water cannons, piston + air pressure water cannons, etc.

In the case of water cannons, you may be able to put over 800x worth of water over the 70ft mark with a piston and over 300x worth of water over the 60ft mark with plain air pressure. Keep in mind that the Flash Flood nozzle is a mere 11x and even a homemade riot blast rarely can break 70x. Output in the hundreds is massive. Water cannons are only practical when used as specialized sidearms, but the output and range simply blow all other guns out of the water [pun intended] and some [like Ben's SuperCannon] outclass a firehose.

Keep in mind that you can sharp shoot with a soaker of any range, but sharp shooting is not called anything at low ranges, unless from a concealed position, in which case it becomes ambushing.

The Tactical Theory usually considers sharp shooting a battle action and not a distinct role or position, depending on the type of system that is being used. I recommend the Ubiquitous Position, which allows a user to perform any position or role with any gun [within the boundaries of Natural Limits]. This is basically the elimination of all positions and roles, as they become simple battle actions. Then again, the Ubiquitous Position is highly unconventional and not for everyone. Position-Switching is the next level down, where a user fills several positions, switching roles when necessary. The most basic is assigning single or double positions to users, but that is the most common and conventional system used in water warfare, therefore being easily exploited by more unconventional users/teams. I don't believe in sniping as a position, hence won't comment further on that.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:14 pm

From your list I voted Flash Flood and Max-D 3k, a good light combo, but as said, there are many better guns. If the poll choices are your only choices, that's unfortunate, go with the FF and MD3k, or the FF and XP 270 if you don't mind the extra water and lower range. The Arctic Shock is really just a gimmick and the XP 270 will probably do better, dispite the AS's seemingly larger capacity. (not sure on that, but I know the XP 270 was designed much better)

But as said, if you plan on long range shooting, follow what was said above and get some good guns, all those guns you listed are typically used as backups/pistols.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1174007721
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:35 pm

If you want relatively long range with currently sold soakers, get the Water Warriors Blazer/Lightning/Pirahna/Orca/Tigershark/Firefly/Yellow Jacket/Scorpion (all have an advertized 12m range).

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:04 pm

If you're looking for high range, I would suggest getting another water gun such as a Blazer or trying some DIY (do-it-yourself) solutions. The Blazer is the best performing water gun you can buy today. If you are not interested in building something, that is the best you can get.

As DX noted however, homemade and modified water guns can easily double the range of a manufactured water gun. The advertised 35 feet of the Flash Flood (which is more like 30 feet) is easily doubled by my Supercannon II. While I would not suggest such a design for any water war (too much water use for my tastes), I would suggest building a CPS powered water gun. A CPS powered water gun can easily get over 60 feet of range. They also are relatively cheap, durable, and very reliable. Absolutely perfect for a water war. I could not suggest this enough. Let me know if you're interested in going this route because I could definitely help you out.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:21 pm

Duxburian and Ben_ pretty much summarized things to a tee. As you also seem interested in modding your soakers, if you haven't already, definitely check out SScentral and its respective forums for much more detailed info on modding and building than can be found 'round here.

If the average stock-soaker range is good enough for you, the above suggestions (perhaps now also including the Water Warriors Orca) are good ones to get if you can find them.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:25 pm

Ben, I thought the Orca performs better than the Blazer, at least that's what I've been hearing. I'm sure it'll also be easier to find than the Blazer.

The homemade solution is definately something you should try if you have the time, resources, and interest. While my CPH is nothing special now, it's still in the works and should get around soon. Hopefully that extra later of LRT helps a good deal. (It seems kind of thin though and doesn't seem to be that strong. I need at least double of the 3/8 ID, 3/4" OD LRT's power to get good ranges. Who know's, maybe I just shouldn't have used 3/4" PVC.)

Edited By C-A_99 on 1174076746
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat