Best Stock Water Blaster / Water Gun for Summer, 2013

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Best Stock Water Blaster / Water Gun for Summer, 2013

Post by isoaker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Spring is here!

While I'm sure this subject and choice are open to debate, I've put forth my choice on the best new water blaster / water gun for Summer, 2013 on iSoaker.com. I tried to be objective, but making these sort of choices also has a good dose of subjectivity as well, particularly when it comes to personal playing styling. For me, the choice wasn't so simple to make and there were definitely some disappointments in areas, but I think the blaster I selected after reviewing the other major options should prove its worth in the field.

Of course, feel free to agree or disagree with the choice made and share your thoughts on which blaster is your favourite new stock water blaster for Summer, 2013!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Best Stock Water Blaster / Water Gun for Summer, 2013

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 am

Overall I agree with iSoakers opinion tis a shame that I must. It only rivels the max-d 6000 for performance (which was not a bad gun apart from the trigger) Nerf should stop trying to design new guns and just make SS 50 reproductions because at least we could find some use for Them in battle.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:51 pm

I'd say I agree with the Python 2 being the best blaster this year. While I haven't actually used the original or the new one myself, it sounds very good. I will have to see if I can pick one up when I'm in North Carolina, stores near me never seam to sell Water Warriors. Toys R Us only has Nerf Super Squirters and Exploders guns. (why would they sell Exploders but not WW? It makes no sense!)
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:18 pm

You can buy my Python 2 if you want. It's only been fired a few times, still essentially in new condition.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:38 pm

I just might. I'd want to try it out first (simply to get the feel for it), but if it as good as they say I will probably buy it from you.

I'm only a few (working) guns short of being able to arm every one I know with something decent.
My goal is to have at least 12 working, air pressure or light CPS, guns at all times that can make 40ft and have good output. I really don't want anyone at my B-day party this year stuck with a Shield Blaster or some other junky gun. I can't use guns like my 2500 because it is too unfair for every one else who only has Vindicators and Equalizers. Getting 12 CPS 2500s would be way to expensive, so for local wars I'm looking for midsized weaponry.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 am

You could also setup teams and balance the water weaponry accordingly. That's what I do, and the last people who come are stuck with the air pressure blasters.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:07 am

CA99 wrote:You could also setup teams and balance the water weaponry accordingly. That's what I do, and the last people who come are stuck with the air pressure blasters.
Most people are stuck with air pressure blasters because that is what I have the most of. I just don't want anyone to be stuck with junky air pressure blasters! We normally draw straws to see who picks first, but I'm really tired of people complaining (why do I get the crappy gun!) so I want to make it so that even the last person gets a good pressure gun, even if it is not a great one. I will probably have people switch off between rounds too, but if all the guns will be good, people wont complain as much as they did when trading their great gun for some one elses bad one.

In years past I have gotten first pick and used my 2500. This year no one will use it (I kill everyone when I use it and I don't trust anyone else not to break it). Since I am way better then all my local friends, this year I automatically get last pick of guns. XP 105 here I come! :goofy:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:37 pm

HBWW guests don't even care lol, people will grab a Max-D 6000 (without powering it up fully) against CPS's and think little of it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:55 pm

Is it just me, or is the Drench and Blast the largest pressurized reservoir gun released to date? I dig the design and dual triggers, but with that much volume, I can understand the whole pumping issue...
Add 500g of weight and a few inches of length for a 400-800mL seperate PC, and I think we could have had the gun of the year, folks.
I think the only interesting super soaker was the flash blast. I'd like to try shooting one, at least it looks/works like a gun. Whee.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:39 am

I haven't gotten to actually shoot, but was able to handle, the Python 2 and Colossus 2. All I have to say so far is that BBT has seriously improved ergonomics and balance in their designs over the past recent years. I do hope they maintain this; the grips, if your hand fits, are very comfortable. The balance seems to be very well done too since some of the water weight goes into the shoulders, although I haven't tried filling up either blaster. Still, the blasters have a "bullpup" feel to them with weight shifted a bit to the shoulders, which IMO was done the right way. I also love that the trigger guard only covers the trigger now instead of the whole hand.

Looks like the Python 2 got a performance upgrade, while the Colossus 2's performance reduced. Perhaps this won't be the case in the future.

Also, I apparently mistook the angle meter as a pressure gauge. I never checked out this feature, so I may pick up a Python 2 to try it out. It may be more useful than it seems to be.

As for the Colossus 2, perhaps performance is being inhibited by the intake tube design. The original had the problem where the intake does not stay on the bottom, though that was discussed earlier.

We've had the WW Piranha, Tiger Shark, and Vindicator with, IMO, really bad ergonomics. The improvements made in 2012 and 2013's lines have been significant, and I hope WW blasters maintain this. A good performance boost is still very welcome though, although the competitor's products are already so bad that BBT may have decided that performance wasn't worth investing in.

I don't buy blasters for comfort and features, but the Python 2 is looking like a better option the more I look at it. And I thought I was finished buying from the Season Opener.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:08 am

I'd say the Colossus 2's real problem is the small pressure chamber. The Python 2 is a bit of a step up from the original Python, still would like to see a pressure chamber (think Defender), but I'm not really complaining because we all knew it was going to be PR to begin with. It's always good to see Crickets being rereleased as well. Nothing wrong those pistols.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:38 am

I don't know, I've been clamoring for output improvements on BBT blasters for a while, but it won't happen for the foreseeable future, which is why we had to establish the BBT-only 1HS game in the first place. Admittingly, it's fun, but it'd also be nice to step things up to make BBT WW's useful for standard games.

As for the Colossus 2, I noticed that surface area for the air/water surface has reduced: this seems more likely to have reduced performance than the smaller chamber size. Larger PR's seem to not have this surface area problem, but their tubing tends to be flow-restrictive to make up for that and prevent better performance/output.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare